Which toy for Daddy? Budget 50K tops

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
What's the point of the conversation?

Stock, the a10 GT is faster and quicker in the 1/4, hero runs aside.

Same goes for bolt ons. There are already 10 second 18+ NA Coyote cars trapping at or over 130.

I don't know of any stock blower 11/12 Shelby's trapping over 130. They might exist, I just haven't seen any.

Fact is, the Shelby needs a blower upgrade to compete with a max effort NA 18+ coyote car.

The dollar/performance ratio of the new Mustangs cannot be beat. Sure, they are less desirable than a Shelby and have FAR less resale value but if you just want to go fast on the cheap---they are REAL hard to match in the new car market.
I don't think one person questioned that. We agree.

So with that out of the way, is a Bolt on 11/12 GT500 comfortably in the 11's?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

It ought to be. Premi brought up a good point on the 11/12 cars vs what I had 07-09. 11/12 could be had with factory 3.73s and the obvious weight savings of 100 lbs over the nose.

The gears are critical IMO.

With a decent driver I don't know why an 11/12 car wouldn't go 11s with your first 3 bolt ons (pulley, CAI, tune) assuming it already has gears.

I couldn't do it in my 07, but I only ran it at the track for one event in that configuration. It got a TVS shortly after that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Hell just get rid of the shitty factory goodyears and I bet it good driver could get one into the high 11s stock, simple bolt-ons with drag radial, no doubt that would be a solid 11 second car.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
It ought to be. Premi brought up a good point on the 11/12 cars vs what I had 07-09. 11/12 could be had with factory 3.73s and the obvious weight savings of 100 lbs over the nose.

With a decent driver I don't know why an 11/12 car wouldn't go 11s with your first 3 bolt ons (pulley, CAI, tune) assuming it already has gears.

I couldn't do it in my 07, but I only ran it at the track for one event in that configuration. It got a TVS shortly after that.

The gears are a must, even more so on 13/14 Gt500s, the gear ratios are spread even further in that box.

2KBlackGT

Established Member

Right, and that was my only point bro lol.

blk02edge

Established Member
I'd take the 11-12 shelby over an S550, don't care how fast the S550 is with the bitch stick A10, it has no sex appeal and is a soulless car next to the Shelby. Now a manual PP2 car would be a different story, tough call there.
If I was into throwing money out the window on new cars id have a 6spd pp2 and leave it boneblower stock and run it hard. Theres one sitting on my local lot completely ignored for the last 2 months.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If I was into throwing money out the window on new cars id have a 6spd pp2 and leave it boneblower stock and run it hard. Theres one sitting on my local lot completely ignored for the last 2 months.

My buddy recently picked up a lightning blue pp2 car, it's a fun car, even boneblower stock :D I was amazed it how hard it pulled with factory tune set to track mode, it felt like a tuned 11-14GT with basic bolt-ons.

2KBlackGT

Established Member
Hmmm. It's definitely easier with the new auto car... coming from a guy who's done it with both.

Agreed, but a 11/12 doesn't STRUGGLE to get into the 11's anyway you slice it......well unless he's a horrible driver lol.

Zemedici

Established Member
Just to clear up some misinformation here

2015+ coyote motors can last AGES at 750-800whp with good parts, a good tune, and good fuel.

Wifeys car was almost 700whp on 93 octane for 55,000 miles. And i best on it like it owed me money, routinely.

Plenty of cars I’ve driven / been involved with that make 750+ and are headed toward 100k miles.

The issues arise because the owners push the envelope, always wanting that last bit of horsepower. If they leave it alone, it’ll last for a good while.

boneblower

Established Member
Well this thread brought out some good points....and my screen name will live in infamy I suppose...maybe Ill change it to boneblower stock. (not sure if that can b done)

But from what I gleaned so far from this discussion is that the coyote engine can easily handle 725-800 rwhp with the correct supporting mods. i.e. OPG.

The GT 500s need proper rear end gears to perform their fastest.

A 2018 A10 whipple or TT Hellion will walk a stock 2011-2014 GT 500.

Q- Would a 2018 whipple/Hellion A10 2PP beat a 2014 GT 500 whipple on a road course? ie which would handle turns better?

blk02edge

Established Member
An 18 PP2 whippled will make a mockery of damn near anybody out there if you can drive. With proper track pads. A 14gt500 will not stand a chance. But keep in mind some people in focus ST's will blow by GT3 Porsches in some regular lapping days, driver skill/experience plus building track reliablity is more valuable than mods or what car you bring.

IMO it would make the perfect best of all worlds car, except resale value.

Ive driven a 14 gt500 on road course and it was actually quite meh, decent, but just did not feel at home

boneblower

Established Member
An 18 PP2 whippled will make a mockery of damn near anybody out there if you can drive.

IMO it would make the perfect best of all worlds car, except resale value.
[/QUOTE]

"The best of all worlds car"...….you nailed it.

This is what Im after in the stang realm of vehicles.

Perhaps the best thing to do investment wise is to wait it out a bit and pick up a 18 pp2 whippled ride in like 2020 or thereabouts......at least until the new GT500 drops.

Waiting sux tho

Users who are viewing this thread