Which turbo kit

helloWorld

Established Member
Is there any performance difference between the single and twin turbo kits if you know that you will never be above 650 WHP?

HELLION TURBO

I know hellion twin requires some modifications to make work...

The on3 kit even more.

Hello.

Our system is a 100% complete bolt on kit with no modifications needed. We are not aware of any modifications required to "make work". We have hundreds of hours of R and D into this system, and it is trusted enough for it to be an option at several Ford dealerships on brand new GT's and Boss Mustangs.

We install this system on a weekly basis in house, and because of that we have ongoing quality control to make sure that every system we sell is current, complete, and installs with the same ease as the day it was engineered.

If anyone has any questions, please contact us for further information. [email protected] 505-873-4670

Keep in mind we are the company that revolutionized the aftermarket turbocharging industry. We specialize in turbocharging systems for all V8 powered Ford Mustangs from 1979-2015, as well as the Ford Raptor, 5th Gen Camaro SS, and the Hemi powered Chrysler LX platform. You can find our products for sale at the world's most respected, trusted, and performance driven companies.

We also keep these kits on the shelf, and we supply many different turbo options per application.

Here is a link to our system being installed on the famed show--- Engine Power. During this install, NO modifications were needed to reach our results.

http://powernationtv.com/episode/EP2014-07/twin-turbo-coyote

Here is a 1300 hp pull by Gearheads Performance:

[video=youtube_share;i1MJJ4fe9XM]http://youtu.be/i1MJJ4fe9XM[/video]

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Hello.

Our system is a 100% complete bolt on kit with no modifications needed. We are not aware of any modifications required to "make work". We have hundreds of hours of R and D into this system, and it is trusted enough for it to be an option at several Ford dealerships on brand new GT's and Boss Mustangs.

We install this system on a weekly basis in house, and because of that we have ongoing quality control to make sure that every system we sell is current, complete, and installs with the same ease as the day it was engineered.

If anyone has any questions, please contact us for further information. [email protected] 505-873-4670

Keep in mind we are the company that revolutionized the aftermarket turbocharging industry. We specialize in turbocharging systems for all V8 powered Ford Mustangs from 1979-2015, as well as the Ford Raptor, 5th Gen Camaro SS, and the Hemi powered Chrysler LX platform. You can find our products for sale at the world's most respected, trusted, and performance driven companies.

We also keep these kits on the shelf, and we supply many different turbo options per application.

Here is a link to our system being installed on the famed show--- Engine Power. During this install, NO modifications were needed to reach our results.

http://powernationtv.com/episode/EP2014-07/twin-turbo-coyote

Here is a 1300 hp pull by Gearheads Performance:

[video=youtube_share;i1MJJ4fe9XM]http://youtu.be/i1MJJ4fe9XM[/video]

I had to modify several parts of my "bolt on" kit. I talked to several shops that all claim the same thing.

I also had a single turbo fox system from yall I had to modify to work on a bone stock never wrecked car.

It is no where near as bad as the on 3 system, but yalls kit still require modifications to be installed correctly.

Here is my twin 67mm kit on my 14.

IMG_29626558529416.jpg

Most notable problems... The driveside downpipe had to be modified to clear the steering shaft. Some shops just bang with hammer, the shop I used cut away and reformed the downpipe. The intercooler brackets in no way even came close to working, had to refab those. Those two were absolute must haves on my car.

We redid the a/c lines, as the way yall suggest is just not acceptable IMO. Yes it "works", but to do it right new a/c lines need to be made.

There are a few other little tweeks that had to be done. Some of them were slightly nit-picky(and the same as any kit out there) I personally was not happy(and neither the shop) of the quality of stainless steel yall used. They were taken a hellion kit off a car to get it coated as it was starting to rust.

Last edited:

HELLION TURBO

I had to modify several parts of my "bolt on" kit. I talked to several shops that all claim the same thing.

I also had a single turbo fox system from yall I had to modify to work on a bone stock never wrecked car.

It is no where near as bad as the on 3 system, but yalls kit still require modifications to be installed correctly.

Thank you for purchasing our systems.

To our knowledge we were never informed of any mods that were needed on your vehicles. If we ever get any questions concerning an install, we request pictures, and then proceed to help in any way we can to assist.

It is our job to provide a kit that can be installed all over the world with simple tools and with different experience levels. With this system being one of the most popular, we have refined it over and over to meet that need.

If you have any pictures or concerns over your Hellion systems please email them to [email protected] and we will look into what you mention as a needed modification.

Thank you,

Team Hellion

FATHERFORD

Established Member
Thank you for purchasing our systems.

To our knowledge we were never informed of any mods that were needed on your vehicles. If we ever get any questions concerning an install, we request pictures, and then proceed to help in any way we can to assist.

It is our job to provide a kit that can be installed all over the world with simple tools and with different experience levels. With this system being one of the most popular, we have refined it over and over to meet that need.

If you have any pictures or concerns over your Hellion systems please email them to [email protected] and we will look into what you mention as a needed modification.

Thank you,

Team Hellion

I tried calling a few times(to confirm what the shops were saying) and all I got was a "Um err um" with whoever I talked to(tried 3 times).

It's just hot rodding, nothing ever bolts up and there will always need to be modifications.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
The hellion single kit I attempted to install was just pure garbage. Everything needed to be modified in order to fit. The oil scavenger pump even rubbed the inner tie rod end boot.

I hate when companies try to say their product, especially FI Products fit with no modifications or trimming. You're going to have to modify and trim stuff to fit.

And posting dyno queen videos isn't that impressive to many people. People, especially on this forum, want to see track numbers.

er306

Established Member
I've installed 2 on 3 twin kits and 6 Hellion twin kits on 2011-2014 mustangs at my shop..... I've never had to modify anything on a hellion kit other than what was already explained in the instructions. Fitment and quality is the biggest reason why I push the Hellion product. I haven't had personal experience with the single kits from JPC or CPR which I hear fit great, but as far as the hellion kit.... fitment isn't an issue. I can't say the same for the On 3 kits...but it's expected which a kit at the lower cost. If a customer asks for a quote for an On 3 install I will charge several hours extra over the hellion just because I know there will be fabrication and down time for fitment issues.

HELLION TURBO

Here is my twin 67mm kit on my 14.

IMG_29626558529416.jpg

Most notable problems... The driveside downpipe had to be modified to clear the steering shaft. Some shops just bang with hammer, the shop I used cut away and reformed the downpipe. The intercooler brackets in no way even came close to working, had to refab those. Those two were absolute must haves on my car.

We redid the a/c lines, as the way yall suggest is just not acceptable IMO. Yes it "works", but to do it right new a/c lines need to be made.

There are a few other little tweeks that had to be done. Some of them were slightly nit-picky(and the same as any kit out there) I personally was not happy(and neither the shop) of the quality of stainless steel yall used. They were taken a hellion kit off a car to get it coated as it was starting to rust.

Great looking engine shot!

I am sorry you did not get a hold of someone here to discuss the issues you had, but for everyone viewing we would like to explain a possible scenario for your downpipe situation.

To install this system, you must remove both engine mounts from the block. The factory tolerances between the bolts and the holes in the bracket are very loose (for easy install at the factory). Between the two sides there is a possibility for the engine to sit lower than it was when installed at the factory. With the large 3" downpipes we send, every quarter of an inch matters. If your mounts were re mounted in a different position, the engine could easily be lower, and a simple adjustment of the engine mounts would increase the clearance, and no mods to the downpipes are needed.

As far as the intercooler brackets, we are puzzled to how they did not work (we have not seen any of your pictures to know exactly why), but we make billet brackets that weld straight to the intercooler. We then send spacers that screw into the factory bumper bolts. We have not been told of any issues with fitment.

Here is a recent install image of the intercooler bracket:

DSCN1860 (640x480).jpg

The A/C line instructions when installed correctly are 100% acceptable and do not require anyone from having to discharge the A/C. We can assist anyone to help do this correctly.

We are not trying to say you did not feel that modifications were needed in your case, we are simply explaining that this kit, as sent by us, can be installed without issue. If in the case one arises, we are here to offer the best customer support in the industry.

Team Hellion

MRSUPRA

Established Member
Any info on the EDP kit? I looked on there facebook page, but I didn't see any info on price and components.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
I don't know anything about the kit. That's why I'm asking. And if they are exactly the same, I would be stupid not to buy the cheaper one.

If they are the same that's kinda F'd up! I wouldn't buy from a company that I know steals others ideas... Lack of integrity, Just saying :)

WnR32VSC

Established Member
The kit I have on my car form EDP is the 76mm. It's kinda like the jpc kit but I never had seen one in person before. I can post some pics if u like. My car is currently at finish line performance getting tuned. So far it has made north of 700hp on 10 pounds.

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
Most of the turbo kits that are made for these cars look similar in some way shape or form especially all the twin kits. They will all make great power but for me it all boils down to looks, price, fitment, warranty and customer service. This is why I'll be going with the Hellion twin kit. I like the idea of having a lifetime warranty on the stainless piping too.

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
Most of the turbo kits that are made for these cars look similar in some way shape or form especially all the twin kits. They will all make great power but for me it all boils down to looks, price, fitment, warranty and customer service. This is why I'll be going with the Hellion twin kit. I like the idea of having a lifetime warranty on the stainless piping too.

True words
Warranty is nice
However, what's the fastest proven bolt-on coyote turbo kits?
Single?
Twin?
Dyno #'s look good but timeslips are proof of spool time and power output in the usable world
I have seen impressive slips from JPC/CPR single and Fluid Concepts twin and some modified On3 twin

So far it's #1 JPC #2 Bud(Fluid) right now correct?

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
True words
Warranty is nice
However, what's the fastest proven bolt-on coyote turbo kits?
Single?
Twin?
Dyno #'s look good but timeslips are proof of spool time and power output in the usable world
I have seen impressive slips from JPC/CPR single and Fluid Concepts twin and some modified On3 twin

So far it's #1 JPC #2 Bud(Fluid) right now correct?
Too many variables on each car to pick which kit is the fastest but all the twin kits are pretty much based off the same design however some have bigger twins than others. For me I prefer the 6266 billet precisions they seem to be the perfect size for street and track plus most of the twin cars that are going mid 9's at full weight with 19" DR's are able to spool the twins with a converter and foot braking. That to me is pretty impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread