Which turbo kit

onefastmf

Established Member
When I was looking for a kit, I looked at single turbo kits It was between jpc and CPR. My opinion is the jpc kit seems kind of just thrown together in a way, and CPR kit seems to be very well thought out from start to finish and that why I went with CPR. No disrespect to jpc I'm sure they did put a lot of time into design. Just not as much as the CPR

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
True words
Warranty is nice
However, what's the fastest proven bolt-on coyote turbo kits?
Single?
Twin?
Dyno #'s look good but timeslips are proof of spool time and power output in the usable world
I have seen impressive slips from JPC/CPR single and Fluid Concepts twin and some modified On3 twin

So far it's #1 JPC #2 Bud(Fluid) right now correct?

For the record if you're talking about the on3 8.86.. that was my car and the kit is unmodified, out of the box.. carry on

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Pretty bold words from someone that's never seen the kits side by side. Just saying :)

Well me key words are this, same. If they mirror JPC's kit then hell yeah I'm sticking to my word.

And yeah them ON3's will MAKE u a believer.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol. People just can't accept the fact that on3 works as well as it does.

Some people just like wasting money I guess.

I was extremely close to going the on3 route...

CPRsm

You think anyone that spends more than an on3 kit wasted money? You got some things to learn since your jdm days old timer lol. :D:lol1:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Not at all.

There are just TONS of people who want that kit to fail just because it's cheap and Hecho en China

And I'm a little disappointed at your lack of DSM knowledge...

Every single one of them were made in the good ol US of A.

No JDM ness.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
JPC, CPR & Armageddon are the only kits at this time I would spend my money on. Do other kits work and work well... YES! But I choose to spend the money NOW on higher quality materials and parts to lessen the possible headaches. What can i say, I'm a quality snob LOL! :-D

Last edited:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Funny. I didn't have to modify anything on my Hellion Kit. Maybe the shop was incapable of doing the install? I did mine in my garage on jack stands and it wasn't hard at all. :shrug: I still have my A/C line and it works fine. I did wrap it a bit more with some header wrap, but hasn't giving me any issues yet. Would a shorter line be nice? Sure, but a lot of people wouldn't want to install the kit if they had to evacuate the system and recharge. I will be putting a shorter line on when I swap my motor because by that time it will be a lot easier to mess with with no motor in the way and I have the tools to do it at my house.

While time consuming, it was not hard. The headers and piping are built by a factory that does this for a living, not some guy in the back of some dirty shop.

I looked at all the kits when I was ready to purchase. I did not like the single kits out there. Any of them. I don't want to remove my sway bar. (JPC) And I don't want a "Non-OEM" fan to worry about or Trans Cooler Lines being in the way either. I also really don't like the placement of the turbos on any single kit. So that had me looking for a twin kit.

I was originally going to purchase the Fluid Kit knowing all the guys at PBTH. (Even before the name changed from Twin Turbo 5.0) But they were very uninterested in working with me and still don't have kits in stock today unless you live in SF and have them install it. Good thing I didn't give the $1000 deposit and wait.......and wait......and wait......for 2 years!

That had me looking at the Hellion kit. The Armageddon was not even out at the time, and now that it is, I still would choose to go with Hellion. When the price of the kit becomes more than 30% of the car, it usually turns people away. Not that I think it's a bad kit, the price point was not what I was looking for and I do not feel the quality is any better.

I first saw the kit at SEMA and spoke to John for an hour or so and he eagerly answered every question I had. I am very meticulous and he answered every question exactly as I would have if I was in his shoes. We seemed to agree in a lot of things when it comes to the kit and it made good sense.

I have since spoken to both John and Jeff several times and have never had an issue getting ahold of Hellion. They have always been great to work with and are very willing to answer any questions I had. I have received calls from John asking how the install was going and I have even received emails from him at 10 PM at night! That to me shows passion and not someone trying to push parts.

I am very happy with my kit and still wouldn't hesitate to make the same decision again.

There are plenty of cars going just as fast and making just as much power with the Hellion kit as any.

My car drives like stock and I can drive it anywhere.

Here's the motor for anyone that has not seen it and a link to the detailed build thread if anyone cares to read.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...own-Has-Begun!-Hellion-TT-Install!&highlight=

9766862733_1b6d9df247_o.jpg

CPRsm

Not at all.

There are just TONS of people who want that kit to fail just because it's cheap and Hecho en China
I don't think it's that people want it to fail as much as what's expected because of posts from past customers.

And I'm a little disappointed at your lack of DSM knowledge...

Every single one of them were made in the good ol US of A.
No no, that's not what I meant. I meant technology has come a long way since 25 years ago or so, of your jdm days. "Lag" and out of boost power isn't really a problem like you think. But then you bought the slowest spooling form of FI. Your posts confuse me!! Lol

ford20

Established Member
Too many variables on each car to pick which kit is the fastest but all the twin kits are pretty much based off the same design however some have bigger twins than others. For me I prefer the 6266 billet precisions they seem to be the perfect size for street and track plus most of the twin cars that are going mid 9's at full weight with 19" DR's are able to spool the twins with a converter and foot braking. That to me is pretty impressive.

Hmmmm I think it is pretty easy to see which cars are the fastest. Time slips seem to prove that fact.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't think it's that people want it to fail as much as what's expected because of posts from past customers.

Fair enough but there are more customers stoked with them than there are disappointed from what I can tell.

No no, that's not what I meant. I meant technology has come a long way since 25 years ago or so, of your jdm days. "Lag" and out of boost power isn't really a problem like you think. But then you bought the slowest spooling form of FI. Your posts confuse me!! Lol

So you contend a turbo coyote is as powerful as a centri coyote while OUT of boost? That's laughable at best.

Lb for Lb while IN boost no one can compete with turbo... no argument whatsoever.

CPRsm

So you contend a turbo coyote is as powerful as a centri coyote while OUT of boost? That's laughable at best.
Is that based on actual experience or hearsay? I've got more than one customer that have owned both. Give ya one clue as to which they liked better ;)

SMOKIN 02

Established Member
Hmmmm I think it is pretty easy to see which cars are the fastest. Time slips seem to prove that fact.
Hows this. So all the cars that are in question here are built the same and weigh the same. Apples to oranges for comparison. Some have alot of engine work and others are stock blocks some are full weight and others have weigh saving mods. Like said to many variables to compare. Shit I know of one 2000 mustang gt convertible that ran 8.90's with a home built turbo system on a stock coyote crate motor and has run numerous low 9's.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Is that based on actual experience or hearsay? I've got more than one customer that have owned both. Give ya one clue as to which they liked better ;)

Don't change the subject! Not arguing what somoene "likes" more because that is pure opinion and subjective.

Answer my original question.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member

But wait... What's the clue? Lol

I dont have a turbo, I have a Paxton because I got it before any turbo kits were out. I wish I would of waited and got CPR or JPC. Also hellion twin kit would be a consideration

CPRsm

But wait... What's the clue? Lol

I dont have a turbo, I have a Paxton because I got it before any turbo kits were out.
haha, no more hints!

And I'm sure you're happy with yours. My posts are just for information or to dispel myths. What I think is better doesn't make something else junk. All the kits work well. The coyote is too efficient not to make power. There's only be one kit that could pressurize the intake without horsepower as a byproduct.

Don't change the subject! Not arguing what somoene "likes" more because that is pure opinion and subjective.

Answer my original question.

I didn't change the subject lol. Their "opinion" is based on how the car moves while out of boost. It's all opinion unless someone has dynoed them out of boost. Not dynoed. Moves more effortlessly w less pedal input. But not than N/A, because we are essentially blocking the exhaust. But, even against N/A we can easily pedal past at light throttle. Just need to give the pedal enough load and turbine speed will come up quickly and pumping losses will disappear, and you still don't have to be in boost. But if you need something more direct I guarantee out of boost a turbo has more power. I guarantee it so much that's why our kits are T6 now lol. We had to go T6 to calm the turbine speed down. Ecoboost didn't have shit on our T4 setup lol. But that was the problem. The boost to pedal oscillation was difficult. Once it hit a pound or two it was a damn run away train

Now answer mine. Is your opinion based on personal experience or hearsay.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing I disagree with there... Truth is (and you alluded to it) once you hang a giant restriction in front of the exhaust you will absolutely lose some responsiveness.

Finding the happy medium is key. A turbine housing and/or wheel too small and things happen too quick and you run into tuning issues like you talk about. Plus it falls over on the top end.

Interesting you went with a t6 hot side to clean this up.

And you already know enough of my history to understand where im coming from so.............

Once my pig gets running ill have official personal experience. :) That said it doesn't take a degree in rocket science to understand why a centri car with free flowing exhaust would be more snappy down low than a t6 powered turbo car LOL....if that turns out to NOT be true i'll be the first to post up I was wrong.

Last edited:

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
haha, no more hints!

And I'm sure you're happy with yours. My posts are just for information or to dispel myths. What I think is better doesn't make something else junk. All the kits work well. The coyote is too efficient not to make power. There's only be one kit that could pressurize the intake without horsepower as a byproduct.

Eh, happy? Yeah I guess... 100% satisified? No Lol but I guess you never really are... Who knows maybe when I build my motor I switch to turbo.

I know what you were saying I was just being a dick lol. But In my opinion, turbo is and feels much better than a centri when comparing same boost and similar set ups. Which is why I want one

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Fair enough but there are more customers stoked with them than there are disappointed from what I can tell.

Say WHAAAA

Tried to find a meme to show how silly this is, but...google has failed me.

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member
Gimmie11 I've had both the CPR kit and the Paxton.....hands down a turbo coyote is more fun to drive. The Paxton just takes longer to build boost which gets boring and you actually have to spin the hell out of them to get in full boost. I really didn't think it was that big of a deal until I swapped it out.

When I cruise around with the C02 bottle closed on a 6-7lb spring I get more enjoyment out of my car vs when I ran 11lbs on the Paxton. You don't build boost until roughly 3900rpm with the Paxton where I've seen boost on my 80mm turbo below 3k. Either way an FI coyote will be fun but all boost isn't created equal is all I'm saying.

Users who are viewing this thread