Which turbo kit

ryan03svt

Established Member
Finally bit the bullet and bought a complete fuel system with ID1000 injectors, so it's time to start looking for the proper turbo kit. For a long time I've been a fan of turbos so supercharging is out of the question. I'm looking for input on the JPC single, CPR single and Hellion Twin turbo kits. Since all the prices are relatively similar $6,799 for JPC. $7,299 for the CPR single and $7,495 for the Hellion Twin kit, money isn't the deciding factor. I'm looking to do the install on my own, so I'd like to hear testimony of people who have installed these kits themselves. I'm sure they are all great kits, I'm just looking on incite to make my decision a little easier.

Thanks,
Ryan

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
We sell the motiva TT kit and also the on3 TT kit, let me know if you have any questions/pricing on either of them.

-Thomas

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Opinion may be a little biased because I've only installed one kit but...

My CPR kit fit with no issues. Tolerances were damn nice and kit makes power. 10.6 @ 135 on pump @ 3,800 with a stick and a 1.73 60 shows me how well it performs @ 8.5lbs. I was in the same spot OP for about 8 months. Couldn't make a damn decision. I feel like for the money, you get more for the kit. Headers, k-member, no mid-pipe needed, and top of the line WG and BOV. I wish you were close as I'd let you inspect it from top to bottom. I didn't have that luxury when making my choice. I constantly get comments on how it looks and how quiet it is until I mash the pedal. It spools stupid fast even with a T6 and I wouldn't want it spooling any quicker to be honest. I couldn't imagine it spooling any faster

[video=youtube;v-suBC7zsMY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-suBC7zsMY&app[/video]

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Dammit! Wrong vid!

[video=youtube;MoDY8WqH0c4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoDY8WqH0c4&app[/video]

[video=youtube;JUbzX0ubk0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbzX0ubk0M&app[/video]

If I can help make your decision easier OP, whatever it is, let me know. 7 grand is a chunk of money to spend for sure!! :beer:

Last edited:

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
It all comes down to your needs and wants.

If your looking for a good easy to install kit for a street car our kit is probably the best route to go. With a 1200hp potential and an extremely responsive turbo our kit can easily accommodate you for any of your needs.

Give me a shout if you have any questions about the turbo kit itself.

http://www.jpcracing.com/jpc-racing-2011-up-5-0-mustang-single-turbo-system/

Angry50

Established Member
i was looking at the same thing there also seems to be a new single turbo kit by EDP(Exhaust Driven Performance) i have seen good reviews on their single.

CPRsm

Ours probably takes longer than any to install with all the parts we provide. The kit is cheaper to ship on a pallet than in boxes lol
Kmember, tubular core support, headers, and a 5in down pipe some call over kill. But we've made well over 900rwhp thru mufflers with no cutouts. Our 4.5 thick Garrett cored intercooler works VERY well. You also have a selection different turbos depending on your goals, ranging from stock to over 1400rwhp. Keep it down to earth if you want, and you can keep you sway bar. We've had to split a lot of hairs to make the kit stand out.

mattaglover

2011 5.0
Established Member
I am in the same position as you OP. Something that I just learned about was that the front sway bar needs to be removed on some kits. What kits will let you keep it? I like to hit the canyon roads and road courses when I am in Cali.

Just saw the post above.

Last edited:

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
I like both the JPC and CPR, both really nice.. You get more parts for the money with CPR, but JPC uses stock headers I believe so install with that and less parts would be easier since you are doing it yourself... Both perform great and I have a Paxton so im no help there

I would probably go JPC myself because I would be doing the install on jack stands, but you can't go wrong with either one.

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
i was looking at the same thing there also seems to be a new single turbo kit by EDP(Exhaust Driven Performance) i have seen good reviews on their single.

I'll be doing a write up (already started) on my EDP kit. Danny has been great to work with, and the kit looks top quality.

feel free to PM me with any questions.

Its very similar to the JPC kit, from what I can tell. I like that everything is V-banded, personally.

Angry50

Established Member
I'll be doing a write up (already started) on my EDP kit. Danny has been great to work with, and the kit looks top quality.

feel free to PM me with any questions.

Its very similar to the JPC kit, from what I can tell. I like that everything is V-banded, personally.

look forward to the write up. i am deciding between a wastegated V3 or a single but leaning to the single

wakebum2507

EVLTWNS
Established Member
I'll tell you this: I had a paxton, with wastegate set up @10LBS, full fore fuel sys, E85, etc.

it still wasnt enough. the power curve was nice, but lacked torque.

the money it takes to make a paxton/vortech fast, reliably, is high. turbo high.

need 8 rib set up, headers, 8 rib harmonic damper, etc. then a 75 shot on top of that to get the turbo-like torque off the hit.
(these are the reasons I made the change)

Last edited:

sspstangbanger

Pushrod Killer!
Established Member
I have seen the CPR stuff in person and the fit and quality is super nice.
The power comes in very quick and I would put a single over the twin kits any day.
I am biased though
4880c5e37fcb31d3d659be28f87dc3b1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread