Whipple owners BEWARE!!!!!

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I just called...they would not let me order over the phone :nonono: Oh well, going to send in the order form.

I do not have any play or oil seepage....oil level is perfect thru sight glass, but I'm not going to take any chances as this blower has been run at 22psi for a long time now. 17 psi before that. Blower build date is from 07. Once I get the new coupler in I will post a pic of the original coupler.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Mike would'nt take your order over the phone?

The guy never gave me his name. I asked if I happened to be talking to Mike or Dustin...he said he wasn't and they weren't available (lol). I then asked can I order over the phone, he said no I have to fill out the order form off the website. I was like "ok". I hate when they won't give me a name. Guy was nice enough I suppose...but very anxious to get off the phone because other lines were ringing. Maybe I'll call back :shrug:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Got it ordered thru Dennis. Shipping today. :rockon:

Went ahead and ordered a black tshirt, a white tshirt, and a red hat as well...hope the wife doesn't notice :poke::lol:

va boy

Established Member
Thanks James for refreshing this thread. I need to examine my coupler as well. I have a generation 1 2.3. I need to crack it open anyway because I seem to be using a very small amount of oil. It's strange because everything is bone dry, no apparent leaks anywhere around, and I know my Whipple isn't just using oil, not at the rate that I have to top it off every once in a while anyway? Oh well, the joys of a used TS, what can ya do? Anyway, thanks again for passing along the info to rest of us man.

MY DREAM

Established Member
No prob bro, just trying to do my part and contribute to the site. Many have helped me out and I want to do the same. Let me know what you find.

James

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Got mine swapped today. The original looks like new, no signs of even the slightest fracture. Like I posted earlier, this blower has a build date in '07, ran 17psi '07 to '09...then essentially 22psi since 2009 to present.

Users who are viewing this thread