Whiteline transmission mount in development for mt82

jdcobra

Established Member
Just installed it and could instantly tell a difference leaving the house. Total of 7 bolts to drop the crossmember after supporting the trans, two bolts to remove the mount, some grease, a little push and VIOLA!!

Slow shifting with windows up, radio and AC off, I could notice a very slight increase in noise. Wouldn't notice it if I wasn't try to listen for it. Did one wot pull through middle of third and every shift was flawless. Deffinately worth the $$$.

Trans has a Barton shifter/mount, jhr line, Amsoil Synchromesh and now a Whiteline bushing. And now I'm looking forward to a rematch with a friend that has a H/C/I, full exhaust, gears, tuned and 1.6 rockers LT1 fire chicken. I beat him last time, now with some suspension goodies, IT'S ON!!! :rockon:

Nice!

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Edited original post. I've found that the bushing insert can actually be mounted from either side of the trans cross member, so there is no issue with installing this on a car equipped with a Stifflers DS loop.

Last edited:

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Per the instructions from Whiteline, the mount goes in from the front. I'll go take a pic in a sec. Seems that there should be enough clearance. It only protrudes through the back of the mount maybe 1/2". You could always trim the top two points. The lowest (longer) portion, sets recessed in the crossmember.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Yeah, I just edited my posts after I found the instructions per Whiteline.

Vorshlag installed theirs from the rear of the mount, and this is where I got my concern.

Will be ordering one today.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
And I was wrong, the two upper (smaller) pieces, don't stick out at all. The lower prtion does but in the pics, it sits recessed in the crossmember.

203A2FC5-4172-4D64-A7EA-15FE44EE23EC-869-000001C59E528200_zps1c1cdb08.jpg

B85085AA-9A06-42E4-A43A-0B8F53F9BA2D-869-000001C592CE7CCB_zpsffd88bbe.jpg

c_reber

Established Member
Has anyone thought about putting some 3M window weld in there? We used to use it for filling motor mounts to make them much more stiff than the stock piece (but not totally solid like aftermarket mounts).

Its about $15 bucks for a whole tube of it.

jdcobra

Established Member
Just installed it and could instantly tell a difference leaving the house. Total of 7 bolts to drop the crossmember after supporting the trans, two bolts to remove the mount, some grease, a little push and VIOLA!!

Slow shifting with windows up, radio and AC off, I could notice a very slight increase in noise. Wouldn't notice it if I wasn't try to listen for it. Did one wot pull through middle of third and every shift was flawless. Deffinately worth the $$$.

Trans has a Barton shifter/mount, jhr line, Amsoil Synchromesh and now a Whiteline bushing. And now I'm looking forward to a rematch with a friend that has a H/C/I, full exhaust, gears, tuned and 1.6 rockers LT1 fire chicken. I beat him last time, now with some suspension goodies, IT'S ON!!! :rockon:

Did you install it on a lift or on 4 jack stands?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
first batch went out today, 2nd batch will go out mid next week, whiteline has many more coming, they just didn't anticipate the popularity of the product, they are working hard though

NoSlo5oH

Established Member
Beefcake, if it's not too much trouble, will you please post a list of the last names of customers who have these bushings on order; in the order in which they were received? Lastly, I noticed that the shipping rate on your website is now less than it was when I placed my order. Is the shipping now going to be handled via USPS instead of UPS?

Thanks

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beefcake, if it's not too much trouble, will you please post a list of the last names of customers who have these bushings on order; in the order in which they were received? Lastly, I noticed that the shipping rate on your website is now less than it was when I placed my order. Is the shipping now going to be handled via USPS instead of UPS?

Thanks

shipping hasn't changed, it's based off where you live

we ship everything ups, I don't trust the post office at all.

as far as listing everyone's personal name, I will not be posting that information on a public forum

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member

Thanks

The beef cant post names on a public website its against privacy rules, best he can do is give you an eta on yours. But you raise a good point about the shipping. I would like to know as well!

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
no one knows, that's the honest answer, whiteline is dividing them up as they come in, they said it will be 30 das probably before all the orders are filled completely

Users who are viewing this thread