Whiteline transmission mount in development for mt82

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
looks like an easy install too. support the tranny and lower the cross member to install the inserts.

01bluesnake

Established Member
I was hoping for a real mount and not a insert. Back in the day, if we were just trying to fill a stock mount to make it a little more stiff, we would use polyurethane caulk and fill in the holes of the stock mount. Same effect as to what they are doing and cost about $6.

turd burglar

Established Member
Filling in the stock holes would help a little but not as much since the bushing material itself is so soft. You'd have 2 firm spots and they'd be surrounded by marshmallows instead of all around stability.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Well that's what Whiteline is doing lol. I was hoping somebody would produce a real mount instead of a half ass insert, otherwise i can just use poly caulk if i want it to be like there mount upgrade.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
I was going to fab a solid one with poly mounts but I figured NVH would be nuts. NICE find! I hope this comes out soon!

jdcobra

Established Member
Idk why steeda or even mgw, a company who makes amazing quality parts design an actually stronger mount with a bushing and not just a bushing.

01bluesnake

Established Member
Not a big fan of partial solution and a piece of poly for $35. That's like saying putting a bag on the head and banging a really ugly girl is a partial solution because she's cheap. You still have the crappy original mount just like you have the ugly girl. Fix is to get a quality piece that isnt a piggy back. If you want a partial solution, a $6 tube of caulk will be cheaper and do the same thing.

Last edited:

turd burglar

Established Member
But the entire bushing overall is a stiffer material, not just some filled in holes on a super soft bushing. I realize it's not as good as a full mount, but a better, more overall stable bushing is a better fix than some window sealant to fill the gaps

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
Emailed whiteline, here is what they said,

"Thank you for your inquiry!

The trans mount insert for the S197 chassis Mustangs is still currently under development.

The final product should be released in the next few months, but we have no firm release date at this time.

Follow us on Facebook and stay tuned to our website for any upcoming information!

Thanks you again for the inquiry, and thanks for your continued support of the Whiteline brand!

Best Regards,

Jan Pasia
Technical Service Coordinator
Redranger USA/ Whiteline USA"

Kinda interested in this now...

Users who are viewing this thread