WhiteLine UCA, GO CHECK YOURS NOW!!!

Laloosh

Established Member
Only reason I am writing this thread to maybe prevent somebody from getting seriously hurt. A buddy of mine linked me to this thread.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...3624-suspension-attention-failure-inside.html
So i crawled under the car real quick just make sure mine is ok and this is what I saw....
photo1-1_zps093dbcf9.jpg

That is a very quick and shitty picture but you can see that thing is about to completely let go. I already pm'ed whiteline about this issue. I strongly suggest everyone who has this mount goes out RIGHT NOW to check it. My car is not a daily drivers, but yours might be.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Damn that would b pretty ugly if that let go

Edit: so much for isolated incident. I was about to order a white line uca a couple days ago based on reviews... Good thing I didn't

Last edited:

corruptor

Established Member
Great... I know the issue is related to the UCA, but makes me wonder about their LCA brackets. I just got my Whiteline LCAs relo brackets welded in.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Welp....that just insured my purchase of BMR suspension products from Van @ Revan Racing. Oh yeah, Van....make that....stop...HAMMERTIME!!! Oh, I mean....Hammertone.

Van@RevanRacing

Laloosh

I'm happy that my post made it your way and you can take the necessary precautions for your safety. You didn't find out the hard way it had failed.

Completely agree. Way too thin. I think there are other product problems as well.

Van

kingnut

Established Member
**** me. now im thinking about changing mine out or putting the stock one back on.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Somebody do an undercar vid of one of those arms in some wheel hop.. holy crap. Not a very stout piece.

Laloosh

Established Member
I had other problems, you can't set anything greater than 1.2 ish degree pinion angle on a stock height car. That didn't bother me that much though. I notified whiteline about this but never got an answer, this was when I first got the mount a coule months ago. In all honesty I'm not here to bash anyone, I just don't want people possibly getting hurt cause of something that could have been prevented.

Ratchet

Established Member
Awesome. Guess I have to go home and look now and put my stocker back in for now till they decide if they are going to do anything. :bash:

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
This happens often in the aftermarket suspension industry, usually when companies do not own and beat the piss out of the cars that they build/offer components for.

Very unfortunate to see.

86merc

Established Member
Its not crushed, it got yanked towards the car pulling the two ends together. That metal is way to thin.

Did it distort from being pulled or did it hit the rear end housing? It looks like it is distorted at the bottom at about the same width of the housing where the bushing is housed. Like it hit the housing as the suspension went through the full range of motion.

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
Did it distort from being pulled or did it hit the rear end housing? It looks like it is distorted at the bottom at about the same width of the housing where the bushing is housed. Like it hit the housing as the suspension went through the full range of motion.

Great point. See below.

Sorry to hear this.

As asked above, did you install everything at one time?

Something I have seen over the years, is some manufacturers have/do offer UCA systems that actually contact the differntial housing when the suspension is compressed. You may want to lift the car up and check for contact marks on the UCA.

If you want to call me and discuss, I would be happy to assist you in locating the noise.

Ratchet

Established Member
Alright, who has the best deal on BMR or Steeda? My whiteline is coming out. Not taking any chances with this thing even if mine does look alright.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Im glad I saw these threads. Ive always thought of getting the whiteline uca. But now ill only be getting bmr.

THIS

Which is why I love this community, people don't get banned or posts removed for revealing the truth about products

Users who are viewing this thread