Who plans on getting a RS?

DeltaT

Hmm, production starts in January so I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I shopped around at about 20 dealers outside the San Jose/Bay Area and, after getting a royal screw-job from one dealer, struck an MSRP deal with a dealership in Pennsylvania. It's their only allocation. Stealth Grey, RS2 interior, Forged 19" wheels but no Pilot Sport Cup tires. They require some warmth to work their best and the Super Sports will be excellent from the get-go and good for learning the vehicle dynamics.

The I had another MSRP deal come late to the table here in CA. After I put that deposit down they tried to come back for $2500 ADM, "the big boss wants it". Well, I went straight to the VP/owner and explained that I expected them to honor the deal we struck before taking my deposit, and he agreed. That seemed to flow down to the Sales Mgr. and salesman pretty quick because they called back and honored the MSRP deal. Same order as above.

My thinking - the PA order has a $500 deposit and appears that it will come in first. If it does I can pay to have it shipped here for about $1100 or if the roads are clear and clean I could fly out and drive it back. If the CA car comes in first I have a guy in PA that will take my place in the deal. And I could fly direct to the CA city for <$300 and drive home in a few hours.

Now it's hurry up and wait. Even the first built cars will take ~4-6 weeks to make it from Saarlouis Germany to the east coast dealers, and the west coast cars still have to go through the Panama Canal so will take 1-2 weeks longer. So the first, non-press cars should actually get delivered Mid-Feb to Late Feb for the east, and March for the west.

Lots of info, including some Ford dealers and support folks over at focusrs.org.

Jim

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Hmm, production starts in January so I'm not sure that's going to happen.

I shopped around at about 20 dealers outside the San Jose/Bay Area and, after getting a royal screw-job from one dealer, struck an MSRP deal with a dealership in Pennsylvania. It's their only allocation. Stealth Grey, RS2 interior, Forged 19" wheels but no Pilot Sport Cup tires. They require some warmth to work their best and the Super Sports will be excellent from the get-go and good for learning the vehicle dynamics.

The I had another MSRP deal come late to the table here in CA. After I put that deposit down they tried to come back for $2500 ADM, "the big boss wants it". Well, I went straight to the VP/owner and explained that I expected them to honor the deal we struck before taking my deposit, and he agreed. That seemed to flow down to the Sales Mgr. and salesman pretty quick because they called back and honored the MSRP deal. Same order as above.

My thinking - the PA order has a $500 deposit and appears that it will come in first. If it does I can pay to have it shipped here for about $1100 or if the roads are clear and clean I could fly out and drive it back. If the CA car comes in first I have a guy in PA that will take my place in the deal. And I could fly direct to the CA city for <$300 and drive home in a few hours.

Now it's hurry up and wait. Even the first built cars will take ~4-6 weeks to make it from Saarlouis Germany to the east coast dealers, and the west coast cars still have to go through the Panama Canal so will take 1-2 weeks longer. So the first, non-press cars should actually get delivered Mid-Feb to Late Feb for the east, and March for the west.

Lots of info, including some Ford dealers and support folks over at focusrs.org.

Jim

The date was given to me by our dealer. He's pretty on point as we order all of our cars through him. I'll try and get more info from him as I'm headed to pick up our GT350 right now.

Jared

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Can't wait to read a real review on this car. Hopefully since production was 'signed off' by Raj in the latest Ford video, they should be getting a press event together soon?

I wonder if all the '16 cars are going to be pre-orders only. I want to see the car and sit in it before I make any rash decisions. I'd probably trade in the Jeep for one to get a fun car again.

I've also got my fingers crossed that Subaru comes out with a hatchback WRX around the same time. The fast, AWD, hatchback, sub $40k market really needs a kick in the ass.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Hope so because I've been starting research on the Golf R and I like what I'm seeing. The interior looks much more premium than the RS and any Subaru and comes with a very good DSG trans.

I really hope the DC auto show has an RS I can sit in and not just look at on a rotating table.

DeltaT

They show it previewing again to be scheduled.

Mine has been "Selected for Scheduling" and I am hoping to find out a build date in the next couple weeks. The Ford rep on our forum is tracking about 98 cars in this status for the U.S., and ~150 that are "In Pre-processing" which is the stage prior to "Selected for Scheduling".

Still hoping for a delivery around April. Lots of crappy information out there at the dealers on the RS.

Jim

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Just got my GT350 3 weeks ago and am waiting to hear from my dealer for an allocation for their first RS at MSRP. Its going to be one cool assed car :D Good luck to all those looking to get one, I hope all of you do without stupid ADM......Steve

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Ours shows selected for scheduling. Hopefully that will change soon.

Last edited:

x2svt

Established Member
RS On Order. White- RS2 Package- Moon Roof- Winter Tire and Wheels. At MSRP...

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
Ordered mine, but will be the first of the 17s. I just went and bought a Focus ST3 just to wait it out as the Focus Platinum was boring me to death.

Had my GT350 out yesterday in 15 degree weather, but what a piss that car is, but I love hot hatches we live in good times......Steve

SVTPete83

Established Member
The wife has been searching for an allocation withing 500 miles of norcal. No luck so far. She wants a gray one to replace her audi a4. No argument from me!

snakecharmer

Established Member
The RS is probably the first car of that type and size I've ever seen that pushes my "want" button. It's pushes the bounds of what I'm willing to pay for a car in that size range and I would definitely not consider it if the dealers mark them up.

Color me very interested, but not completely sold.

Users who are viewing this thread