Who plans on getting a RS?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I dont know if it is a true or not and wouldn't know what would be realistic. It is Ford of Kirkland which is pretty big I think.

Even Galpin won't get that many allocated to them.

Kirkland is not showing any in inventory or any at the plant.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Lol, what a bunch of bull on their part. I did think 8 sounded like too much, but they are in the vicinity of Seattle and Bellevue so plenty of wealthy buyers.

DeltaT

I also finally got a build date and a VIN# after being selected for scheduling for 5 months: June 9. So I should see mine by Halloween if not a bit sooner. Stealth Grey, forged wheels, RS2, no moon roof. MSRP for me. Guys started receiving them last week in SoCal and this week on the East coast.

Jim

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
She's on her way!

8eefdd6952ebbc0b00912531440b1311.jpg

andymarkv

Established Member
She's on her way!
I can't wait to hear your review of this thing!!
There have been sooooo much journalist love....and yet, when I read on a forum a "regular guy" that test drove one...he was not as impressed as he was hoping.
AWD is AWESOME....but if you can mod a readily available ST, for similar fun in a DD, for 2/3 the price? Its worth investigating.

Since you're a group of guys that have driven all sorts of stuff, looking forward to your honest opinion.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
There's a few videos of these cars in Europe right now and a few of them are at the strip. Fastest one I saw was running a 13.4 but I don't know if it was modded. As I had anticipated, there are rumors they will bring the limited RS500 back.

SVTPete83

Established Member
They are just hitting the streets here. First dyno numbers are out and box stock the one I saw was 290\320 on 93.

-SVTPete

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A member here will have his soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I'd love to have one. Although I am getting great power from my Mazdaspeed 3, the RS will be capable of so much more and be able to put the power down. This... or the alluded to Bronco? Decisions... decisions.

Sent from my OnePlus 2

CompO_Eric

Arch Enemy of the Prius
Established Member
I'm still trying to locate a dealer to order one through... So far, it seems like 5k is the mark up. I think I might just wait it out if that's the case.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Hey Nick, is it possible to still get courtesy delivery on a car that has a vin but not built and delivered to the dealer yet?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Nick, is it possible to still get courtesy delivery on a car that has a vin but not built and delivered to the dealer yet?
If it already has a VIN, it'd be a really big pain in the ass. Not impossible, but small chance. A lot of people would have to jump through hoops, and they would have to do it rather quickly.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Our car just arrived in Jacksonville. Should be at the dealership in the next few days. We'll make sure to update everyone once it shows up.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'm still trying to locate a dealer to order one through... So far, it seems like 5k is the mark up. I think I might just wait it out if that's the case.

I have a dealer friend that will treat you right if you're still interested. PM me if so.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A forum members showed up today...in Stealth. It's amazing.

I'll let him post pictures though when he picks it up.

RobG64

Established Member
I have a dealer friend that will treat you right if you're still interested. PM me if so.

No luck for me with dealers in Southern Maryland. Would appreciate a point in the right direction if you could help. Also sending a PM. Thanks!

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
A forum members showed up today...in Stealth. It's amazing.

I'll let him post pictures though when he picks it up.

IXzpx4h.jpg

fNcwLKM.jpg

:)

Thanks Nick.

I don't have many pictures right now, these are just a few from my phone. It will get proper pictures when it's detailed.

The car is awesome by the way, launch control is a blast, the tires on the hot asphalt actually left 4 black tire marks about 6' long. If you are cruising at the slowest pace possible, it feels like an ST, which isn't a bad thing because they are still nice cars, but if you even breath on the throttle the car tells you that it's serious.

It has infinite grip too, I'm starting to believe the writers that it is a mini-GTR/R8.. I haven't driven either but this is on another level compared to the various ST's, Mustangs and Camaros I have driven. I over cooked a turn and the car had no issues keeping me in check, it's going to require some learning to figure out how to drive it closer to the limit because it doesn't feel like it will hold but it absolutely does with no qualms. It's also not a car I would suggest finding the limit on the street.

Brakes are also awesome. Lots of stop and they are as smooth as a babies bottom.

It gets decent attention, glad I got stealth gray though, I definitely get more than I want.

Thanks again, Nick. Everything was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread