Who's lost interest in their cobra?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
I think it makes a world of difference if the Cobra is strictly a pleasure vehicle

even if I didn't live in Michigan, I wouldn't be happy with it as a daily driver

Brad

Banned
I don't think I could daily this car... At least not mine since it's far from stock... nonetheless boring... :bored:

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
this is a dissapointing thread to read being a future cobra owner :( Now it makes me wonder if dropping that kinda money is worth it?

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Man I cant believe you guys and the lackluster enthusiasm regarding your terminators. A lot of guys would kill to have one. And those of you not driving it for 8 month stretches:nonono: I daylied mine up until just recently, and still would if I wasnt worried about eating up the Hoosiers and the price of gas. Even so, I still drive it a few times a week and get pissed off every time I get in my truck. Since me and the gf broke up, my Cobra is the highlite of my life:)

Brad

Banned
Smokey1226 said:
this is a dissapointing thread to read being a future cobra owner :( Now it makes me wonder if dropping that kinda money is worth it?

It's a fun car don't get me wrong, but lets be realistic, you're spending 25-32k on a used one, it's a complete rattle box, gets horrible gas mileage, etc...

Yeah it's fun, the only times in the past year I've had mine out would be going to car shows, other than that it's garaged.

If I had to daily this car it'd have been sold years ago.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
I can agree with you, at times it does get tired of only having one car to drive.. but since I bought my 01 Explorer 4x4 I find that when I get into my Cobra that it's like owning a brand new car..

Of course now it's been 130 days since I've driven it, (it's parked in long term storage with the car cover tied on, and battery disconnected) while I've been on this deployment. I can't wait to get back, remove the cover, connect the battery and fire it up and go for a 300 mile trip..

Brad

Banned
striker_29 said:
I have never noticed a single rattle in my car anywhere. Not even the slightest.

either you're hard of hearing, or you have a master crafted mustang, because in my experience they're all cheap rattle boxes.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Brad said:
either you're hard of hearing, or you have a master crafted mustang, because in my experience they're all cheap rattle boxes.

Well now that you mention it I do usually have the stereo blasting, and my hearing isnt that great. But, I have ridden in real rattle boxes (mustangs included), and my car falls nowhere close to that category.

acrod

Established Member
I hope no one bought a mustang thinking its going to be quiet and a nice ride, for that you shouldn't have got one. I mean its a mustang for gods sake not a bmw. Just because its a cobra doesn't make it any less prone to every other mustang problem. I mean I bought my cobra knowing what I was going into and what I wanted to do with it. You can't expect to mod a car and get the same sedate drivability you have when the car is stock. Its fun as hell to drive everyday I get in it, everytime I step in my saturn I miss driving the cobra more.

Brad

Banned
acrod said:
I hope no one bought a mustang thinking its going to be quiet and a nice ride, for that you shouldn't have got one. I mean its a mustang for gods sake not a bmw. Just because its a cobra doesn't make it any less prone to every other mustang problem. I mean I bought my cobra knowing what I was going into and what I wanted to do with it. You can't expect to mod a car and get the same sedate drivability you have when the car is stock. Its fun as hell to drive everyday I get in it, everytime I step in my saturn I miss driving the cobra more.

Thats not the point, I'm not saying, "I had no idea mustangs were like this," I'm just saying mine has lost its novelty.

Yes the rattles and harsh ride were very cool for 3 years, the open exhaust and bleeding ears... But I find I have to force myself to drive the thing these days.. :shrug:

mtb01

Established Member
I regret selling mine, but at the same time I got so anal about watching the weather to see if I could drive it. It would sit in the garage and I would clean it even if it didn't need it. I wanted someone to enjoy it and DRIVE it. But if the right one comes along at the right price I'll be on it like white on rice.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
you guys are nuts or just have a lot of money, why would you spend that kinda money and not drive it to the max. I understand you want to keep miles relitively low for resale (or w/e) but we all know there are way to many of these things to just hold them in a garage their whole life hopen they are going to make us money. They arent....maybe its b/c im young and have to bust my a$$ to get the money but i feel if im going to drop that kinda coin i want to drive it every time i can. Of course not in snow/salt but rain and w/e that can all be cleaned up.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
I dont think I get bored of it. I would never sell it, or part with it. I think I have the problem that I always have to keep modding it, I mean I loose sleep over this crap. I dont drive it as much as I should, that makes me sad. I mean that why we buy these things. I agree with the weather comment above, plus I hate detailing my car. Then when you do drive it stone chips, get cought in the rain, ect. It drives me nuts. Than I have to remind myself ITS ONLY A CAR, but I love it. I have no regrets about purchasing it, or the quality of the car. I also think if I was half the maniac driver I was before, this car would be fun on a whole new level. If this donsent make any sense to you its ok, it makes sense in my head...LOL

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I love my cobra, but its not my daily driver.I also do many events with our local SVTOA .I have no rattles with my cobra and highway milage is 24 -27 and track milage is 6.
I am still doing mods, track tires and wheels, subframe connecters, brakes. I do all work myself as I have funds to do them.I also help other with their mods as I am a ford tech.
I even gave some thought to buying a new svt500 but I think its too big and too high priced.When I look at the bang for the buck the cobra wins every time.Besides when I drive it I smile from ear to ear. What a great car!!!!!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread