Who's lost interest in their cobra?

dew.man

Established Member
WickedDropTop said:
...Ive been tossing around the idea with the wife about a M3 vert,,,man is that a freaking nice car...

I went through that before I went from my 01 to the 03!

And then I test drove the M3. Wasn't one bit impressed (even without taking cost into consideration)...

Brad

Banned
Romans8:28 said:
Ya know getting "tired" of a terminator reminds me of the guy who is married to an absolute knock-out, ultimate 10........ yet after a few years (or months) flirts with all the skank and has an affair or two with something much less.......

Familiarity breads contempt

It's a car not a women! You sir have spent way too much time with your cobra.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
I love both of my Cobras and would never sell them unless I absolutely need the money to put food on the table for my family.

Mine was a daily driver for almost 2 years but now I drive it once or twice a month due to work commitments. I do however enjoy every single second of every drive I take on the car that being at the track or on the street. Also my 03 has absolutely no rattles and it rides as smooth as any 600 RWHP vehicle could possibly ride.

Either enjoy the car or save yourself the grief and sell it...

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
My eye has been wandering over the Viper ads on autotrader. But I use my Cobra as a daily driver and need the flexibility and extra seats. So I am having everything upgraded and expect to love it all over again - clutch, ported Eaton, roll bar, five point harness, brake cooling, heat exchanger, coil overs, red pill, etc., etc.

04Venom

Established Member
Cold Brew said:
The people saying they are sick of their cobras and dont drive them are probably old timers in their 50's. Dont let that sway you from getting a cobra, I got one, and I LOVE driving it everyday. When Im at work I cant wait to get off to drive the car home. I actually enjoy driving to and from work:D

Take it easy on us geezers (54) fellas, I've got 4 Fords in the garage and you can have my Cobra if you can pry my cold dead hands off the steering wheel (to paraphrase Charlton Heston)! The fun never stops with the Terminator.

Brad

Banned
No kidding......... I am to conclude that you do not understand analogies?

Yes, except your analogy is highly flawed in my opinion since the cobra isn’t that, “perfect 10,” to begin with… Not to mention you're making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Maybe if you said, "It reminds me of that guy who dated his highschool sweethard for 5 years, then discovered she's a low quality gold digging tramp who's no longer fun in bed, then cheated on her with a hot college slut who'll bang all night, then wake up early to make silver dollar pancakes. " It'd ring more, "realistic." To each their own!

I didn’t post this to spawn a philosophical debate, or to argue with people as to how awesome or lame the mustang is… I posted simply to see how many other people are in the same boat. Based on this thread I’m not entirely alone.

I do find some hilarity in the posts trying to argue their position, like their love for the car is truth where my discontent with it is some type of sin...

Brad

Banned
Lazerred98cobra said:
Brad how much for your car i know a guy looking!

I'd like to see low 30's for it... here are some pics you can show him

I don't have a pic of the speedster cover, but it's got that and a saleen light bar.. deleted rear seat, corbeau CR1's... diablo delta chip, innovate wideband.. LFP heat exchanger etc etc etc etc............

incar1.jpg

inpipe5.jpg

niceblower.jpg

05.jpg

the mod list is pretty big, but it makes between 505-530whp and 540ish torque, it's been on the dyno so many times in varying conditions it's hard to give an exact number... It's never had a nitrous dyno, and it's never been hit with over a 75 shot... I've only used one bottle on it, and it was mostly a 25 jet... You can def tell it's alot faster though, I'd guess low 600's easy on the 75 shot

Nicky Pass

...boom goes the dynamite
Established Member
I don't get sick of it....its more like I want something different about evey 2 months!! I see a C6 and I think....I want one. Then I realize they are popping up everywhere! Then I think about getting an Escalade, but then I KNOW I'll miss the performance! The bottom line is that there really isn't a better car for the money. I mod in "Mod-eration"....it gives me something to look forward to and keeps me intersted.

Brad

Banned
Nicky P 03 SVT said:
I don't get sick of it....its more like I want something different about evey 2 months!! I see a C6 and I think....I want one. Then I realize they are popping up everywhere! Then I think about getting an Escalade, but then I KNOW I'll miss the performance! The bottom line is that there really isn't a better car for the money. I mod in "Mod-eration"....it gives me something to look forward to and keeps me intersted.

What do you during chi town winter? You have another car right???

jvert

Established Member
I wish I had the problem you guys had....getting board with the Cobra. Im still searching for my snake.

Romans8:28

Established Member
Brad said:
Yes, except your analogy is highly flawed in my opinion since the cobra isn’t that, “perfect 10,” to begin with… Not to mention you're making a mountain out of a mole hill...

Maybe if you said, "It reminds me of that guy who dated his highschool sweethard for 5 years, then discovered she's a low quality gold digging tramp who's no longer fun in bed, then cheated on her with a hot college slut who'll bang all night, then wake up early to make silver dollar pancakes. " It'd ring more, "realistic." To each their own!

No offense, but do you have any idea of anal you sound?

I simply posted MY opinion on the subject in the form of an anology only to have you pick it apart and go so far as to tell me what YOU think I should have said (as if we were discussing a technical matter). Since when does a question like this require a particular answer complete with basis?

Quid pro qou......

This is a question not a debate, you sir spend to much time criticizing OTHER people opinions

Oh yeah....... on more thing......... exactly who is "making a mountain out of a molehill" ?

Would you be the pot or the kettle?

Last edited:

Brad

Banned
No offense, but do you have any idea of anal you sound?

No, nor do I care.

I simply posted MY opinion on the subject in the form of an anology only to have you pick it apart and go so far as to tell me what YOU think I should have said (as if we were discussing a technical matter). Since when does a question like this require a particular answer complete with basis?

Yes, your opinion, everyone has one, I simply altered it to give you an idea as to how I feel about my car... Which brings us back to everyone having their own opinion.

Quid pro qou......

This is a question not a debate,

You're turning it into a debate!

you sir spend to much time criticizing OTHER people opinions

No just putting things into perspective so people understand my position, my intention wasn't to discredit you.

Oh yeah....... on more thing......... exactly who is "making a mountain out of a molehill" ?

You.

Would you be the pot or the kettle?

I was going to ask you the same thing.

Romans8:28

Established Member
Brad said:
No, nor do I care.

Yes, your opinion, everyone has one, I simply altered it to give you an idea as to how I feel about my car... Which brings us back to everyone having their own opinion.

You're turning it into a debate!

No just putting things into perspective so people understand my position, my intention wasn't to discredit you.

You.

I was going to ask you the same thing.

Are you for real?

Read my original post......... it was GENERIC analogy about becoming "tired of something"

YOU decided to apply it to yourself and insult me in the process

I think you are begining to have some "e-issues"

Last edited:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I only get tired of mine when something isnt working right or another aftermarket piece of crap component doesnt fit right, rattles, doesnt work right or whatever and I get to spend another couple of weekends with my car in the shop getting it fixed.

then when its all working I forget about all the time spent at the shop.

and with more knowledge comes the ability to get closer to the right part the first time lol, so much less time spent redoing stuff then before.

its actually getting better and better, I get to drive it a lot more know, everything is working like its suppose to so Im actually more excited about it now then when I got the car in the first place :)

Users who are viewing this thread