Who's lost interest in their cobra?

spinscan

Established Member
I never get tired of mine. I don't hear any rattles and I have good hearing. I wouldn't have a car for 8 months and not drive it. That's just crazy imo.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I started getting bored with my car since I got the cobalt. I can drive the cobalt balls to the wall on the street, which I can't do in the cobra, mostly because it's too fast, but also can't handle nearly as well. The cobalt also puts the cobra to shame with regard to rattles, ride, interior, stereo, sunroof, and all that good stuff.

Lately I've been tossing around the idea of selling, and maybe going for a viper, GT 500 or Porsche next summer.

The cobra still owns at the drag strip. Still 100x more fun to race than the cobalt.

o4cOb|2a

Wheel Hop 4 Life
Established Member
Havn't lost interest.. Have plans that can't be funded yet lol. I don't think I could ever take a step back to a slower car for a every now and then driver. So its got to be a 500 hp or higher car if I'm going to replace it someday.

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm sick of the car for a few days after a track event...but it's not completely about the car though. After using up 150 in rotors, 220 in track pads, 5 to 7 tanks of gas, not including the trip gas, the motel, food and spares..with the car smelling of smoked pads and rubber...I'm all car-ed out.. I temporarily hurt both physically and financially...

There is a large feeling of satisfaction as well though...

Cold Brew

Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
this is a dissapointing thread to read being a future cobra owner :( Now it makes me wonder if dropping that kinda money is worth it?

The people saying they are sick of their cobras and dont drive them are probably old timers in their 50's. Dont let that sway you from getting a cobra, I got one, and I LOVE driving it everyday. When Im at work I cant wait to get off to drive the car home. I actually enjoy driving to and from work:D

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Unfriggin Real How Can You Possibly Get Tired Of The Ripe Your Face-off Torque And Pure Acceleration Of A Blown Cobra, Dude Put The Pipe Down And Sell That Car To Somebody With A Pulse!! Because You My Friend Are On Crack!!!!!!!!!!!!! Late

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Unfriggin Real How Can You Possibly Get Tired Of The Ripe Your Face-off Torque And Pure Acceleration Of A Blown Cobra, Dude Put The Pipe Down And Sell That Car To Somebody With A Pulse!! Because You My Friend Are On Crack!!!!!!!!!!!!! Late

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Holy hell I cannot believe what I am reading. I will never get tired of this car and cannot see how anyone would. . . . . . .unless of course, as someone has already mentioned, you are older. Meaning you have been there and done that in regards to driving fun cars such as these. I can understand how priorities change once you get older and sports cars are no longer in your interests because you want something that is refined and "comfy" (someone gotta buy those 300 C's and SUV's) ;).

Granted I have only had an 03 Cobra for a couple of months but I can't see myself ever getting tired of it. HOWEVER, I did have a 94 GT for 10 years (in my sig) before this car and loved it more and more as the years went by. The day I sold it was very hard for me and I miss it everyday (had a lot of good times in that thing). Up until the end of my ownership of the car I still would do look backs at the car after parking it and think to myself "damn I love that badass car." I enjoyed driving it more so in the end than I did in the beginning and never once got bored with it. Now, that GT is nowhere near the car this Cobra is and so you can imagine how I feel about the Cobra.

I guess it helped/helps that the GT (and now this Cobra) were/are not my daily drivers but for the first 7 years that I had the GT it was. Even after I got a second car I still drove the living piss out of the GT (still drove it 4 or 5 days out of the week, every week. . . . unless of course I was on vacation or something). I am more sensible with the Cobra though because I want to keep the miles somewhat low, but I find it very hard not to drive it every morning to work.

Brad

Banned
Cold Brew said:
The people saying they are sick of their cobras and dont drive them are probably old timers in their 50's. Dont let that sway you from getting a cobra, I got one, and I LOVE driving it everyday. When Im at work I cant wait to get off to drive the car home. I actually enjoy driving to and from work:D

I'm 26... So that rules out that theory...

Brad

Banned
03MUSCLE said:

Least intelligent comment goes to you... You win absolutely nothing!

Brad

Banned
Snagged said:
Holy hell I cannot believe what I am reading. I will never get tired of this car and cannot see how anyone would. . . . . . .unless of course, as someone has already mentioned, you are older. Meaning you have been there and done that in regards to driving fun cars such as these. I can understand how priorities change once you get older and sports cars are no longer in your interests because you want something that is refined and "comfy" (someone gotta buy those 300 C's and SUV's) ;).

Granted I have only had an 03 Cobra for a couple of months but I can't see myself ever getting tired of it. HOWEVER, I did have a 94 GT for 10 years (in my sig) before this car and loved it more and more as the years went by. The day I sold it was very hard for me and I miss it everyday (had a lot of good times in that thing). Up until the end of my ownership of the car I still would do look backs at the car after parking it and think to myself "damn I love that badass car." I enjoyed driving it more so in the end than I did in the beginning and never once got bored with it. Now, that GT is nowhere near the car this Cobra is and so you can imagine how I feel about the Cobra.

I guess it helped/helps that the GT (and now this Cobra) were/are not my daily drivers but for the first 7 years that I had the GT it was. Even after I got a second car I still drove the living piss out of the GT (still drove it 4 or 5 days out of the week, every week. . . . unless of course I was on vacation or something). I am more sensible with the Cobra though because I want to keep the miles somewhat low, but I find it very hard not to drive it every morning to work.

I've had my 03 for almost 5 years now, I'm pretty much all set with it.. Yeah it's fun to drive once in a while but the truth of the matter is I'm just not interested in it anymore...

I used to drive it whenever I could, now when the GF asks, "lets take the mustang out," I'm like, "nah too much a pain in the a$$," which is true...

If I could get 35k for it, it'd be gone in a flash, anything less than that it's not worth it to sell, so it just sits..

Last edited:

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Sell it Brad, you don't deserve a car like it anyway. Stop being such a puss.

JMHO.

:loser:

edit: forgot the loser smiley.

It's been expensive lately, but I'm keeping mine for aslong as I can.

Last edited:

Special Blend

Signature Seizure
Established Member
Brad said:
Thats not the point, I'm not saying, "I had no idea mustangs were like this," I'm just saying mine has lost its novelty.

Yes the rattles and harsh ride were very cool for 3 years, the open exhaust and bleeding ears... But I find I have to force myself to drive the thing these days.. :shrug:

Sell it:bash:

Brad

Banned
foofinator said:
Sell it Brad, you don't deserve a car like it anyway. Stop being such a puss.

JMHO.

:loser:

edit: forgot the loser smiley.

It's been expensive lately, but I'm keeping mine for aslong as I can.

You're right, I don't deserve it.. I should sell it to a real troo lyfe street racuh like yourself!

Special Blend said:
Sell it:bash:

It's been up on ebay, craigs, etc.. I'm just asking too much money for it.. I'll just continue to post it and lowering the price until I get a real buyer.. Up until now it's been people who show up and the first words out of their mouth are, "test drive." Nobody's test driving it without cash in hand.

ammr19

Established Member
Terminators as is from the factory are not bad at all. This car handles well and is very predictable at the limit. I think some people need to learn how to drive the car and just enjoy it. Learn car control, skid recovery, and weight transfer in both wet and dry conditions. Learn speed shifting, power shifting, and heel-toe downshifting. When you learn how to use what you have, it makes it more enjoyable. Do mods on what you feel will make the car more enjoyable and improve durability (like for me a shifter, more braking power, and cooling mods). Some rattles are normal with a car that has a tighter suspension and a good amount of power, so if it's bugging you figure out what's causing the rattle and fix it. You got to make up your mind if you want a performance car or a luxury car.

IndiaHatCobra

Established Member
Anyone in their right mind gets sick of pushing a 50lb clutch in through an an hour of rush hour traffic to and from work. This is the second 03 Ive had (other was a gt) and both ARE rattle box's that squeek and groan even when you treat them right. My luck of course, my buddies got a 99 with 70k on it, and it feesl tighter then either of mine were when they were brand new, strange...Ive been tossing around the idea with the wife about a M3 vert,,,man is that a freaking nice car, but it just doesnt have the mean and nastyness of a cobra.

ammr19

Established Member
WickedDropTop said:
Anyone in their right mind gets sick of pushing a 50lb clutch in through an an hour of rush hour traffic to and from work.

Come on man! Are we Cobra owners or just a buch of whining pusses. If the clutch is to heavy then train your legs or do some research on a clutch that is lighter than the stock one.

Last edited:

Romans8:28

Established Member
Ya know getting "tired" of a terminator reminds me of the guy who is married to an absolute knock-out, ultimate 10........ yet after a few years (or months) flirts with all the skank and has an affair or two with something much less.......

Familiarity breads contempt

Users who are viewing this thread