Why can't we get a complete car?

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
So I test drove the first GT Performance pack my local dealer received back in October and had it had 401A, I'd most likely had bought it. But at this point in my life, I do not like modding much any more, I am willing to pay the O.E.M. engineers to build me a car.

Now it just hit me and I looked up the stereo in the options sheets. 7 Speakers.

7 speakers in the GT350. Why? Why no Shaker? I enjoy music as much as I enjoy my cars. I do not like entry level stereos and I certainly don't want some hack putting an aftermarket stereo into my 53K + options GT350. I don't plan on modding it at all. Would the sub really had slowed it down that much? Would it really matter to anyone if I was to buy a car and enjoy it the way I want too? To get a great handling Mustang from the factory I must forgo lower notes in my music?

Blah blah the motor sounds....well I will drive it without the stereo sometimes, I am certain of that. But whats wrong with blasting my tunes through a high quality stereo sometimes as well?

Flame me if you must, but I have my wallet and my money spends just like anyone else's. I'd a paid a few hundo more for the shaker and been happy as h*ll.

and while I am b*tching. Maybe the'll make a Lincoln for people who actually like cars.

End rant.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Can't make everyone happy. Most people won't care the lack of shaker stereo (myself included). Besides even the shakers sound like shit. I have it in my Raptor and the highs aren't very crisp and lows are muddy. I am not a big audio person and even I think its need upgrading. I will have the audio system upgraded this summer in the raptor.

and yeah if its not totally necessary (subs and all) it will be deleted from the car. Less weight in this car the better. I will be getting electronics package in mine just for the touch screen. The Sync 3 looks intriguing and much faster than whats in my raptor now. Plus the 20 or so buttons on the standard infotainment area looks way to cluttered. The 8 inch screen cleans the look up a lot

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
As mentioned and from what I've read, the Shaker isn't really worth the money and you can replace the speakers with better quality units for the price of what the Shaker system costs. Also, Ford says here that you get the "Shaker Audio" and I'm not sure what all it consists of, but if all you're missing is a sub then that's a very simple addition. https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../shelby-gt350-mustang-the-legend-returns.html

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
As mentioned and from what I've read, the Shaker isn't really worth the money and you can replace the speakers with better quality units for the price of what the Shaker system costs. Also, Ford says here that you get the "Shaker Audio" and I'm not sure what all it consists of, but if all you're missing is a sub then that's a very simple addition. https://media.ford.com/content/ford.../shelby-gt350-mustang-the-legend-returns.html

I had read that several times, but was reacting to the lack of the word Shaker on the leaked option sheets.

Thanks for the link, I see it there.

The shaker system, while not top quality, can be adjusted to sound adequate. Without the sub, I am unhappy. The lows are clearly not there in the base unit and it distorts much quicker at higher volumes. In this case, i'll take take the shaker and not cut up, add wires or modify my GT350.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
01SVTSnake

agreed.

The worst thing about the Focus I bought for my kids is the sync. The three does look like it will be much better.

specizripn

Established Member
Do yourself a favor. Don't get the stereo crap and just go aftermarket. OEM sound systems are never that great, especially if you're an audiophile...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You dont like cars you like music, specially if you are complaining about the GT350 and its engineering! Buy an audi or merc and pay the 10k audio upgrade fee...The GT350 is obviously not the car for you!

7 Speakers is a lot of a on road race car....

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
You dont like cars you like music, specially if you are complaining about the GT350 and its engineering! Buy an audi or merc and pay the 10k audio upgrade fee...The GT350 is obviously not the car for you!

Except I'll never race it and I am not buying an R so the few extra pounds mean nothing to me. No reason not to have a decent stereo in a non R car.

Also, I did not complain about the engineering. I said I am willing to pay for the engineering rather than mod. I love the engineering, that is why I am buying one. But why do I have to by a German car to get that engineering with a freaking stereo? Why in 2015 is this not possible? Why cannot Ford deliver the complete package?

Last edited:

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I thought you were going to bitch about 7 speakers being too many for a track oriented car. IMO, they should offer a stereo DELETE option.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member

Arguable defense for the 350R, not for the 350 IMO. You know what you get with a R car, you expect to get creature comforts and certain upgrades on the "regular" 350

mavisky

Established Member
If you're not going to race it then wait for the eventual GT500 which will probably be available in squishy leather and with all the audio options they have available. Maybe the entire GT350 line isn't for you.

That or go buy a Porsche, you can option just about anything the way you want with them, although you will still find the occasional stupid package where you can't get the led headlights without also getting the alcantara center covered seats.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
If you're not going to race it then wait for the eventual GT500 which will probably be available in squishy leather and with all the audio options they have available. Maybe the entire GT350 line isn't for you.

That or go buy a Porsche, you can option just about anything the way you want with them, although you will still find the occasional stupid package where you can't get the led headlights without also getting the alcantara center covered seats.

Well it is the suspension for the twisties and a balanced car I am looking for.

Although I am a fan of Porsche, I also am in the reality of 1 kid in college, one going to start in 1.5 years and another 3.5 years behind that. My time for a 100K car is not now.

Ford has done me the greatest service in producing the GT350. It is the car I want and from the company I want it from and at (if the predictions are right) a great price as well. But as Black92 pointed out, it did list Shaker in the press release and if that turns out to be true my bitching was for naught.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The GT350 is a track oriented car whether you guys believe it or not. If the base 350 takes out the Z28 on track for $20 less msrp are you seriously going to complain that it does not have another 150lbs in stereo equipment(sub and speakers)? If you want a stereo buy the M3!

Lemers

Established Member
I'll buy a GT350 with tech package and drive it daily. On occasion I will find a track.

I would probably include the track package if ford will allow it to be ordered with the tech package. I don't understand why Ford makes those mutually exclusive? It's not like the parts overlap.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
This is fascinating, have 2 mustangs with no radio, avoided nav and shaker in another, and a car with 11k miles, where literally have only turned on the radio twice (wife in car). So for me a radio doesn't matter, very interesting the opinions in this thread.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I'll buy a GT350 with tech package and drive it daily. On occasion I will find a track.

I would probably include the track package if ford will allow it to be ordered with the tech package. I don't understand why Ford makes those mutually exclusive? It's not like the parts overlap.

Same here. I cannot wait.

Users who are viewing this thread