Why can't we get a complete car?

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Here is the link to the option page of the ordering guide on this forum. I suggest you read it again

http://www.svtperformance.com/?attachment_id=11965

The electronic package IS NOT an option on the base GT350. You can not get the any package that includes the nav with the track pack on the base GT350.

So, I will get the tech package and add the coolers later.

Looking over it, in the text it doesn't specifically not available with xxx package in terms of electronics and track. Granted by the blocks to the right of the text it would seem to indicate the track package may be self standing. The guide above is also just a rough draft so changes may have since been applied.

I would be willing to bet the electronics is available as an option on the base GT350. During the reveal in LA before the R was around they said an 8 inch touch screen with sync would be available

Last edited:

Lemers

Established Member
Looking over it, in the text it doesn't specifically not available with xxx package in terms of electronics and track. Granted by the blocks to the right of the text it would seem to indicate the track package may be self standing. The guide above is also just a rough draft so changes may have since been applied.

I would be willing to bet the electronics is available as an option on the base GT350. During the reveal in LA before the R was around they said an 8 inch touch screen with sync would be available

I shouldn't have to explain how the options sheet works but here it goes...

The gray boxes indicated that the item "is not available"
The "I" means included
The "O" means option

There are 2 columns "900A" and "920A"

The Tech and track packages are options for 900A while the electronic is an option only on the 920A.

The electronic package is grayed out for the 900A and does not indicate it's an option for 900A.

You can get the Nav is available for both electronic package for the R and the Tech package for the Base

I know it only a draft because of things like showing yellow as an option on both cars but then yellow isn't available on the R on the next page need to be corrected.

I hope there are a lot of changes to this draft (I want guard or liquid blue available). I'm not holding my breath for major changes to this in the first year. Short of minor corrections I believe this draft represents what we will be able to order. And I don't think you will be able to get the 8"display on the base with track package. We will be forced to pick comfort or performance not both on the base GT350

Lemers

Established Member
It's been stated liquid blue will not be available. Too complicated a process, show cars only.

Yeh, I know that's far fetched. Now why not Guard? Looks like the GT350 is being built on the same line as other mustangs. It shouldn't be too hard to make all mustang colors available.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Yeh, I know that's far fetched. Now why not Guard? Looks like the GT350 is being built on the same line as other mustangs. It shouldn't be too hard to make all mustang colors available.

and this would be in the spirit of the thread. Because someone, somewhere decided Guard was wrong for the GT350 and now (assuming you wanted guard) you simply cannot have it. No extra costs involved, paint is already there but to quote the Soup Nazi "No Guard for You!".

Guard with black stripes with white accents seems like a nice combo to me.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
From a quick 5 minutes of research the biggest stereo available in the 15 Porsche GT3 is Sound Package Plus(Includes: Audio system with 9 loudspeakers and a total output of 235 Watts). And Yet the base Mustang GT stereo is 390 watts and 6 speakers....

This is irrelevant to how a stereo sounds. Without a speaker designed to deliver lower HZ, the lower notes are simply not there.

Lemers

Established Member
and this would be in the spirit of the thread. Because someone, somewhere decided Guard was wrong for the GT350 and now (assuming you wanted guard) you simply cannot have it. No extra costs involved, paint is already there but to quote the Soup Nazi "No Guard for You!".

Guard with black stripes with white accents seems like a nice combo to me.

I agree with you. This will be a $50k+ car manufactured in very limited numbers. Most will be sold prior to production. There is no reason that anything that fits in it or is available shouldn't be an option.

You want a shaker? Does the shaker fit? Yes, put it on the option sheet

You want a a certain color? Is it available? Yes, paint it that color.

Hell, if they had a reasonable up-charge for special paint (no more than $1k) I would get it.

The only things that shouldn't be offered as an option should be "down grades" or items that won't work with the changes to the trim.

Ford wouldn't someone down grading the engine to a 5.0 or maybe the adaptive cruise control won't fit in the new grill. Those are reasons to exclude my choice as a consumer.

And I've got it. "The shaker would gonna slow you down" argument. But let me have the choice, not make it for me.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
The GT 3 has this special lower speaker?

You should know with all of your research.

From Porsche

"Sound Package Plus
The optional Sound Package Plus is ideal for your racing soundtrack. Nine loudspeakers and a separate amplifier with a total output of 235 watts create a sound experience that has been perfectly tuned for the car’s interior.
Sound settings can be customized using the CDR or the optional CDR Plus audio system or Porsche Communication Management (PCM)."

So sleep well everyone. You will out run the GT3 on a racetrack because they added an amp as an option.

From Chevy:

"Bose® Advanced 10-Speaker Audio System
Engineered for the distinctive acoustics of Corvette®, this 10-speaker system includes a bass box and 2 subwoofers optimized for excellent sound quality."

2 Subs....2? WTF. Now I am sure there is no respect here for the Z06 now. Surely a crappy car now that they had the audacity to put 2 subs in it.

From Ford:

"Our buyers are so insecure in their manhood we cannot add automatics or decent sounding sound systems to our vehicles. If we do, they will turn on each other and we will have no one left to sell cars to."

I thought we were about done with the sub crap but On D Bit wants to argue about it.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

From Porsche

"Sound Package Plus
The optional Sound Package Plus is ideal for your racing soundtrack. Nine loudspeakers and a separate amplifier with a total output of 235 watts create a sound experience that has been perfectly tuned for the car’s interior.
Sound settings can be customized using the CDR or the optional CDR Plus audio system or Porsche Communication Management (PCM)."

So sleep well everyone. You will out run the GT3 on a racetrack because they added an amp as an option.

From Chevy:

Engineered for the distinctive acoustics of Corvette®, this 10-speaker system includes a bass box and 2 subwoofers optimized for excellent sound quality." Two subs that when it takes forever to get around the Nürburgring Nordschleife or to hit 150mph you can at least have the full harmonics of your favorite music alive within your mind.

2 Subs....2? WTF. Now I am sure there is no respect here for the Z06 now. Surely a crappy car now that they had the audacity to put 2 subs in it.

From Ford:

"Our buyers are so insecure in their manhood we cannot add automatics or decent sounding sound systems to our vehicles. If we do, they will turn on each other and we will no one left to sell cars to."

I thought we were about done with the sub crap but On D Bit wants to argue about it.

Noted

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member

From Porsche

"Sound Package Plus

From Chevy:

"Bose Advanced 10-Speaker Audio System
Engineered for the distinctive acoustics of Corvette, this 10-speaker system includes a bass box and 2 subwoofers optimized for excellent sound quality."

From Ford:

"Our buyers are so insecure in their manhood we cannot add automatics or decent sounding sound systems to our vehicles. If we do, they will turn on each other and we will have no one left to sell cars to."

You just don't get it.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Some interesting and rather animated perspectives.

Ford has a vision to share but nobody is duty-bound to follow it.

Never look a canvas (in disguise) in the mouth. Rather, take what you can get and run with it.

Lemers

Established Member
Never look a canvas (in disguise) in the mouth. Rather, take what you can get and run with it.

So I should buy a white GT350 and paint it Highlander Green!

No really I need to decide between

Blue with Black Stripes

Avalanche or Magnetic with either Black or blue stripes

Black without stripes

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
You just don't get it.

Same to you.

Oh my God! I just got it. I have to have the car I pay for just the way you think a Mustang should be or I am considered an idiot. Grow up.

Just released from Ford: the sub adds 1500 pounds and the car will flip to its roof and sit there if they add it to the options sheet.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Some interesting and rather animated perspectives.

Ford has a vision to share but nobody is duty-bound to follow it.

Valid point.

The original post was pretty much just a b*tch fest as I do not want to remove the interior trim and run wires in my brand new "collectible car". But again, The b*tching may be for nothing, it might sound great or I may not care. But if the box was there, I'd have checked it.

Lemers, I am thinking Avalanche Grey with the black stripes. Really want to see that one on a real car.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member

From Porsche

"Sound Package Plus

From Chevy:

Engineered for the distinctive acoustics of Corvette®, this 10-speaker system includes a bass box and 2 subwoofers optimized for excellent sound quality."

From Ford:

no.... hes just the Kanye West of other peoples wants and needs in cars. If it doesn't fit into his ideals of what he wants in a car then its stupid and unnecessary. He did the same sh!t in my thread as well. I'm with the OP on this one for sure. If you want a 350 you should be able to get it (within reason) with everything you want in the car. Not everyone wants to track their car, but they want the car itself and would still like to keep some of the creature comforts that make the experience more enjoyable for daily use.

Lemers

Established Member
no.... hes just the Kanye West of other peoples wants and needs in cars. If it doesn't fit into his ideals of what he wants in a car then its stupid and unnecessary. He did the same sh!t in my thread as well. I'm with the OP on this one for sure. If you want a 350 you should be able to get it (within reason) with everything you want in the car. Not everyone wants to track their car, but they want the car itself and would still like to keep some of the creature comforts that make the experience more enjoyable for daily use.

+1 I agree. It doesn't hurt to offer choices.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Wow!

The bitching about this car and how Ford decides to build an option them is crazy. I have to laugh. I see people saying how the mustang weighs too much. It needs subs and amps. It needs more power than the hellcat. How the mustang does not perform or keep up with the vette z28 GTR. and then when Ford builds a specific car for performance you guys bitch, it's too much money, it doesn't have the luxuries that "I" want.

Bottom every so called needed item added to the car decreases performance and takes away the original goals for this vehicle! If you do not want what Ford was attending to achieve with this build buy something else.

Yet those same things you want will decrease it's performance.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Wow!

The bitching about this car and how Ford decides to build an option them is crazy. I have to laugh. I see people saying how the mustang weighs too much. It needs subs and amps. It needs more power than the hellcat. How the mustang does not perform or keep up with the vette z28 GTR. and then when Ford builds a specific car for performance you guys bitch, it's too much money, it doesn't have the luxuries that "I" want.

Bottom every so called needed item added to the car decreases performance and takes away the original goals for this vehicle! If you do not want what Ford was attending to achieve with this build buy something else.

Yet those same things you want will decrease it's performance.
the thing that blow my mind is that you think that everyone wants the SAME THING IN A CAR??!!!!! The person that wants a better stereo is NOT the same person bitching that it weighs an extra 250 lbs! That's why they are called OPTIONS! not something that is standard on every car! Why would you not buy a 4cylinder mustang? OMG I'm appalled that you would sacrifice fuel economy!! that's outrageous! Why not buy a fiesta?!! The idea that you would consider a gas guzzling mustang over a fiesta which has great economy is insane! That's the mental you are approaching this argument with and its making you look like a close minded ass.

it IS POSSIBLE to want the extra performance that a 350 offers AND want a nice stereo too. The 350 with a fat cow of a stereo is still a better car than a loaded GT. So if a loaded GT isn't enough car for you then what? You have to do without things to upgrade? That is piss poor marketing, you are just being blind to that because your opinion of a car is different that what other people want.

Users who are viewing this thread