Why can't we get a complete car?

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
The GT350 is a track oriented car whether you guys believe it or not. If the base 350 takes out the Z28 on track for $20 less msrp are you seriously going to complain that it does not have another 150lbs in stereo equipment(sub and speakers)? If you want a stereo buy the M3!

Ridiculous comment proving my point. Why would Ford make people do that? Where is the logic of chasing away buyers to prove some sad machismo point of "we don't need a radio in a car that can turn".

Lemers

Established Member
The GT350 is a track oriented car whether you guys believe it or not. If the base 350 takes out the Z28 on track for $20 less msrp are you seriously going to complain that it does not have another 150lbs in stereo equipment(sub and speakers)? If you want a stereo buy the M3!

The GT350 has a VIN so it is more street oriented than track.

Telling someone to go buy an M3 cause they want a stereo would be like me telling you to buy a 2016 M-FR500-B302S because you want a track car.

Bottom line is that our money spends just like your money and we all have our reasons for liking this car. it's a limited car that costs a lot, Ford should help customers get it the way they want it.

jlauth

Established Member
So I test drove the first GT Performance pack my local dealer received back in October and had it had 401A, I'd most likely had bought it. But at this point in my life, I do not like modding much any more, I am willing to pay the O.E.M. engineers to build me a car.

The whole point of "modding" cars is to personalize them. So you want a 100% personalized mustang from the factory? Ford is great because they know that 90% of Mustang owners modify these cars, and they actually condone it and produce parts for it. They make these cars to cover target market, and typically the GT350 owner is wanting to pound the bass. Maybe you should be lookin at the 300C with the Beats by Dre speakers?

Last edited:

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I'll buy a GT350 with tech package and drive it daily. On occasion I will find a track.

I would probably include the track package if ford will allow it to be ordered with the tech package. I don't understand why Ford makes those mutually exclusive? It's not like the parts overlap.

Going by the rough draft order guide leaked, the Technology package sems to be parts of the Electronics and Track package combined.

Tech has (summarizing them**)

• Magnaride
  • HD springs
  • Nav/XM/Sync 3/ 7 Speaker system
  • Power leather cooled & heated recaro seats
  • dual zone HVAC
  • Drive modes

The Electronics is
  • Nav/XM/Sync 3/ 7 speaker system
  • Dual zone HVAC
  • Turn singal mirrors/Universl GD opener

Track Package is
  • Magnaride
  • HD front sprigns
  • Oil/Trans/Diff coolers
  • Drive modes
  • STB Brace

So a lot of stuff overlaps the packages. If you order the Tech you get Magnaride but no external coolers and bracing etc. The Track also doesn't give the option for leather nor powered seats. Electronics is pretty much completely covered in the Tech package.

I personally will go with the Track and Electroincs package. I prefer cloth & manual seats for a car like this and having the extra coolers won't hurt. Could care less about seat coolers and warmers for what I will use this car for.

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Ridiculous comment proving my point. Why would Ford make people do that? Where is the logic of chasing away buyers to prove some sad machismo point of "we don't need a radio in a car that can turn".

Because they did not build this car to add another 150lbs of additional weight so that it would could not have peak performance on the track. Being it is a street car, they have to add a bunch of weight and luxury items already such as the nav and such. You want the car for the performance but want to add subs and weight to take away performance? Seems counter intuitive to me...

Lemers

Established Member
Going by the rough draft order guide leaked, the Technology package sems to be parts of the Electronics and Track package combined.

Tech has (summarizing them**)

• Magnaride
  • HD springs
  • Nav/XM/Sync 3/ 7 Speaker system
  • Power leather cooled & heated recaro seats
  • dual zone HVAC
  • Drive modes

The Electronics is
  • Nav/XM/Sync 3/ 7 speaker system
  • Dual zone HVAC
  • Turn singal mirrors/Universl GD opener

Track Package is
  • Magnaride
  • HD front sprigns
  • Oil/Trans/Diff coolers
  • Drive modes
  • STB Brace

So a lot of stuff overlaps the packages. If you order the Tech you get Magnaride but no external coolers and bracing etc. The Track also doesn't give the option for leather nor powered seats. Electronics is pretty much completely covered in the Tech package.

I personally will go with the Track and Electroincs package. I prefer cloth & manual seats for a car like this and having the extra coolers won't hurt. Could care less about seat coolers and warmers for what I will use this car for.

If I'm reading the guide right... You can only get the electronic package as an option on the R (putting the radio and HVAC back into the R). You won't be able to get the electronic with the track package on the base.

So on the base GT350 which is what I was talking about, you can't mix the tech and track.

So, why can't I get the coolers on the same car as the tech?

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Because they did not build this car to add another 150lbs of additional weight so that it would could not have peak performance on the track. Being it is a street car, they have to add a bunch of weight and luxury items already such as the nav and such. You want the car for the performance but want to add subs and weight to take away performance? Seems counter intuitive to me...

Yes. Like a Z06, an M4, an S7, a C63, a 911GT3, a Ferrari California, a Ford GT, etc. and in no way is the GT350 a track only car. You want the track car you get the R.

I guess when the Z06 passes you on the track you'll say "this can't be, the Z06 has a full Bose sound system?!?, it must be slower on the track"

There is no reason not be able to include a great stereo as an option on the standard GT350. AN OPTION. You don't want it, don't get it. No way it weighs 150lbs either. You already have a stereo. that sub and amp do not weigh 150, probably not even 50. If your that concerned about the weight remove the seats, the air, the sound deadening material etc. OH Wait! they did that, its called the GT350R.

There is also no reason not to offer the coolers and the Nav.

Last edited:

jlauth

Established Member
Yes. Like a Z06, an M4, an S7, a C63, a 911GT3, a Ferrari California, a Ford GT, etc. and in no way is the GT350 a track only car. You want the track car you get the R.

I guess when the Z06 passes you on the track you'll say "this can't be, the Z06 has a full Bose sound system?!?, it must be slower on the track"

There is no reason not be able to include a great stereo as an option on the standard GT350. AN OPTION. You don't want it, don't get it. No way it weighs 150lbs either. You already have a stereo. that sub and amp do not weigh 150, probably not even 50. If your that concerned about the weight remove the seats, the air, the sound deadening material etc. OH Wait! they did that, its called the GT350R.

There is also no reason not to offer the coolers and the Nav.

How about you upgrade you stereo after buying one, instead of making a pointless thread about how Ford didn't make a car that you are definitely buying the way you wanted it.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
How about you upgrade you stereo after buying one, instead of making a pointless thread about how Ford didn't make a car that you are definitely buying the way you wanted it.

Funny. Every thread on this site has a point you approve of but this one?

It wasn't supposed to drag on forever. But it is something to talk about which, correct me if I'm wrong, is the whole point of sites like this.

Also, I like factory components only in a car like this. Especially in a car like this.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I guess I would order one and see how it sounds before getting upset about anything. 7 speakers seems like a lot in such a small cabin, it will probably sounds pretty decent.

Dadz500

Established Member
I don't care how the stereo sounds. I just want the car. if the stereo sounds like crap I will upgrade it with amp and speakers and keep stock heading so it all looks stock. The funny thing is that in the last 10 years I have gone from being a total "audiophile" to just not caring. My 2014 Porsche Cayman S won the Spring Break Nationals last year for best sounding stereo and came in 3rd for best install. I guess the older I get the less I care about the radio. I did it in the Porsche because I wanted to add nav so I just figured I would do it "right" if I was going to do it at all.

When I get my GT350 I would be fine if it had a single speaker jammed up under the dash like my 67 Vette. This car is for driving and I only want to hear that awesome sounding flat plane crank motor!

But I do certainly understand and agree with your point that it should at least be optional. In all these other high end street/race cars you can get the upgraded systems, the non R should be the same for the people who want it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The upgrade from the Shaker 500 to the Shaker 1000 is a 70lb increase in the GT500. Tell me again how 70 extra lbs helps performance?
Since Ford is going after the GT3 and z28 times on track with the non r 350 I'm assuming the engineers believed another 70lbs of weight did not help their goal/s.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
If I'm reading the guide right... You can only get the electronic package as an option on the R (putting the radio and HVAC back into the R). You won't be able to get the electronic with the track package on the base.

So on the base GT350 which is what I was talking about, you can't mix the tech and track.

So, why can't I get the coolers on the same car as the tech?

Electronics can be added to the R to bring back HVAC and sync etc. Its a waste for that car, but can be done. The electronics and track can be combined on the base 350 (atleast I haven't seen otherwise). If you order the Technology package it looks like that cannot be combined with any other package including the R.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
From a quick 5 minutes of research the biggest stereo available in the 15 Porsche GT3 is Sound Package Plus(Includes: Audio system with 9 loudspeakers and a total output of 235 Watts). And Yet the base Mustang GT stereo is 390 watts and 6 speakers....

Troponin

Established Member
They are unnecessary costs for a purist's street legal race car. Ford's vision for the GT350 was just that, a pure race machine. The car is "complete", because it has everything you want in a track car, but they added some things to it that would make it more pleasurable to daily, like AC and a stereo.

As others have stated, do it yourself or look elsewhere. If you don't think the GT350 is complete, then you're not who Ford built it for.

A new GT500 would actually be better suited for you. More power, and a suspension that is still going to handle almost any condition you will see on the street. The new suspension they are using in the Mustangs is pretty stout.

Lemers

Established Member
Electronics can be added to the R to bring back HVAC and sync etc. Its a waste for that car, but can be done. The electronics and track can be combined on the base 350 (atleast I haven't seen otherwise). If you order the Technology package it looks like that cannot be combined with any other package including the R.

Here is the link to the option page of the ordering guide on this forum. I suggest you read it again

http://www.svtperformance.com/?attachment_id=11965

The electronic package IS NOT an option on the base GT350. You can not get the any package that includes the nav with the track pack on the base GT350.

So, I will get the tech package and add the coolers later.

Users who are viewing this thread