Why can't we get a complete car?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the thing that blow my mind is that you think that everyone wants the SAME THING IN A CAR??!!!!! The person that wants a better stereo is NOT the same person bitching that it weighs an extra 250 lbs! That's why they are called OPTIONS! not something that is standard on every car! Why would you not buy a 4cylinder mustang? OMG I'm appalled that you would sacrifice fuel economy!! that's outrageous! Why not buy a fiesta?!! The idea that you would consider a gas guzzling mustang over a fiesta which has great economy is insane! That's the mental you are approaching this argument with and its making you look like a close minded ass.

it IS POSSIBLE to want the extra performance that a 350 offers AND want a nice stereo too. The 350 with a fat cow of a stereo is still a better car than a loaded GT. So if a loaded GT isn't enough car for you then what? You have to do without things to upgrade? That is piss poor marketing, you are just being blind to that because your opinion of a car is different that what other people want.

Not at all. If you don't want this car, buy something else. That's why Ford and other manufacturers produce more than one model. Which is what I have said all along! You can't build the performance that Ford wants while handing out options that keep them from reaching those goals.

8gtoklr

Established Member
It looks and sounds like it does and your nitpicking the radio isnt good enough, roll your window down its all the sound you"ll need.

side story I spent 58k on Lexus hybrid with Levinson surrond, nav ....and guess what it had for stereo output....a tape cassette player! I had to run a cassette with 3.5 speaker jack.

stop your whining lol

#firstworldproblems

Last edited:

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Wow!

The bitching about this car and how Ford decides to build an option them is crazy. I have to laugh. I see people saying how the mustang weighs too much. It needs subs and amps. It needs more power than the hellcat. How the mustang does not perform or keep up with the vette z28 GTR. and then when Ford builds a specific car for performance you guys bitch, it's too much money, it doesn't have the luxuries that "I" want.

Bottom every so called needed item added to the car decreases performance and takes away the original goals for this vehicle! If you do not want what Ford was attending to achieve with this build buy something else.

Yet those same things you want will decrease it's performance.

Then you would BUY THE R. My God, the passenger seat decreases performance. Most of us will decrease its performance compared to a professional driver. Maybe we should hire a driver and watch them drive it so we can say "Yeah that's my car, I can't drive it as fast as him so I just watch"

This is not a track only car and should not be treated as such. A track car has one seat and a roll cage.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Not at all. If you don't want this car, buy something else. That's why Ford and other manufacturers produce more than one model. Which is what I have said all along! You can't build the performance that Ford wants while handing out options that keep them from reaching those goals.

name a model of mustang that will meet the abilities of this car AND offer me a nice stereo to boot.... ready? go.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
It looks and sounds like it does and your nitpicking the radio isnt good enough, roll your window down its all the sound you"ll need.

side story I spent 58k on Lexus hybrid with Levinson surrond, nav ....and guess what it had for stereo output....a tape cassette player! I had to run a cassette with 3.5 speaker jack.

stop your whining lol

#firstworldproblems

really? so its not up to me how I spend my $30k-$40k-$50k You cant have the car you want and a good stereo? what if the car had manual windows? would you buy it? AGAIN its not the R version!! its a production car ANYONE with the money can order

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member

stop your whining lol

#firstworldproblems

I agree. Not whining at this point. Just trying to get the challenged to understand there is more to life (at least to me and some others) than that last .0001 sec around a fake track I will never be on.

Definitely a first world problem. LOL to that.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Then you would BUY THE R. My God, the passenger seat decreases performance. Most of us will decrease its performance compared to a professional driver. Maybe we should hire a driver and watch them drive it so we can say "Yeah that's my car, I can't drive it as fast as him so I just watch"

This is not a track only car and should not be treated as such. A track car has one seat and a roll cage.
you cant buy either until you go on a diet.. dont forget that.. because oerweight people reduce performance.

Lemers

Established Member
you cant buy either until you go on a diet.. dont forget that.. because oerweight people reduce performance.

Yeh, I'm running and lifting everyday and maintaining weight. It seems all the weight I'm loosing from my gut is going to my chest and arms.

Like I've said, I have a good six pack under my keg

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
The gt350 with sub and amp will not either. The reason it's not being offered.
I refuse to argue with your ignorance further.. You're either a 15 year old girl (I have one of those in my life already ) or the mind of a 15 year old girl.

Good day, and good luck with your attitude and views in life. I wish you the best.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
I refuse to argue with your ignorance further.. You're either a 15 year old girl (I have one of those in my life already ) or the mind of a 15 year old girl.

Good day, and good luck with your attitude and views in life. I wish you the best.

Just posted a similar response but the system did not take it.

He is trolling or has a severe disability. Either one makes me done with him.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Just posted a similar response but the system did not take it.

He is trolling or has a severe disability. Either one makes me done with him.
He is entitled to his opinion even if I think it's ignorant.. Just because I think he's ignorant doesn't make him wrong or make me right, my opinion is just that, my opinion. But us arguing with him isn't doing anything. In light of the conversation... Yes, the car is amazing, but not being an R code car, it wouldn't make the car a fat cow by offering a couple luxuries.. It would be more appealing to certain people if they could sacrifice some of the raw performance with a nice sounding stereo.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
He is entitled to his opinion even if I think it's ignorant.. Just because I think he's ignorant doesn't make him wrong or make me right, my opinion is just that, my opinion. But us arguing with him isn't doing anything. In light of the conversation... Yes, the car is amazing, but not being an R code car, it wouldn't make the car a fat cow by offering a couple luxuries.. It would be more appealing to certain people if they could sacrifice some of the raw performance with a nice sounding stereo.

It will happen eventually. The Boss didn't have the Nav option, so there is head way made.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It will happen eventually. The Boss didn't have the Nav option, so there is head way made.

I might start a thread complaining that Ford won't offer the GT350 in red interior. I can make the point that BMW, Porsche, corvette, etc offer it as an option why won't Ford? I absolutely have the choice to purchase the GT350 with black int or one another option with the red.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I might start a thread complaining that Ford won't offer the GT350 in red interior. I can make the point that BMW, Porsche, corvette, etc offer it as an option why won't Ford? I absolutely have the choice to purchase the GT350 with black int or one another option with the red.
Intelligence at its finest.

I rest my case. Come on back over to my thread and discuss how you can't spend $40k on a gt Mustang

Lemers

Established Member

Why would you want an interior? It's a racecar. Interiors are a waste of money and extra weight

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Guys, the powers that be have decided what content got cut and what didn't. The time to lobby for option choices has probably passed for the first year of GT350 production. The bottom line is that product planners are obviously aware of the original GT350's mission statement and they've done a pretty good job of carrying that philosophy forward, especially given that many modern-era enthusiasts aren't as willing to give up creature comforts as much as our predecessors would. From an ancient C&D article on the 1965 GT350...

C&D said:
In all honesty, it cannot be said that the Mustang GT350 is the sort of a car a sane man would enjoy driving at all times and under all conditions. The noise level is very high, the ride is very harsh, and at low speeds one must put plenty of effort into steering and braking. Then too, the engine has somehow become a bit fussy, although it will actually pull away from 1000 rpm. And, when you do get out on the open road it feels like the wind, and is, in fact, the nearest thing to a real racing car that one is likely to find on the public roads. The jouncing, and all the chuff and bang from the side-exit exhaust pipes, is simply part of the fun. Not a lady’s car by any stretch of the imagination; probably not even a gentleman’s car for that matter; but surely a man’s car, in the tradition of the Blower Bentley or the Cad-Allard, and in this day and age any car one’s wife would refuse to drive is a pearl beyond price.

There are plenty of "lady's cars" available for purchase in 2015. Political correctness be damned - I'm glad Ford can still produce a "man's car" without the typical emasculation that a liberalized America festoons upon us.

DMotorsports

Established Member
There are plenty of "lady's cars" available for purchase in 2015. Political correctness be damned - I'm glad Ford can still produce a "man's car" without the typical emasculation that a liberalized America festoons upon us.

Amen!

Users who are viewing this thread