why is everyone scared of miles?

Dusten

Established Member
In an earlier post I commented on "garage queens". There is a difference from driving your car 3 - 500 miles per month and the guys who put 150 miles per year on them. It is the latter that I don't understand, unless it is a true classic, why are you wasting your money just to hand the next owner a pristine car?

Its not wasting money if you still enjoy the car in other ways. And what if the intent is to hand the car over to family, or a kid?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Meh. I'm already at 42k miles on my 2015 WRX after 15 months of owning it. I have a DD but I still enjoy driving my WRX to work sometimes. The only time I worry about millage is if I have a plan of reselling later. Some people have low miles just because they don't travel far for work and you can't really drive a high HP car during shit weather which means for some people, the car will sit for 2-4 months. I've also noticed a lot of muscle car owners are also either military or people who travel a lot of work which means they won't be around to drive the cars for periods of time. Then there are just people who like to own something just to say the own it. I mean, there's lot of reasons why really.

jbs$

Established Member
Its not wasting money if you still enjoy the car in other ways. And what if the intent is to hand the car over to family, or a kid?

I being older than most of you have witnessed several situations where the intention was to pass a prize car(s) on the the next generation. In the three cases that come to mind, the kids did not want the car(s). It did not fit their lifestyle, nor the stage that they were in in their current job or living arrangement. All said "please sell the car and send cash". Now your condition may be different, but don't count on it.

Dusten

Established Member
I being older than most of you have witnessed several situations where the intention was to pass a prize car(s) on the the next generation. In the three cases that come to mind, the kids did not want the car(s). It did not fit their lifestyle, nor the stage that they were in in their current job or living arrangement. All said "please sell the car and send cash". Now your condition may be different, but don't count on it.
I'll gladly sell the car and get drunk with the money. But as the recipient of a car owned by my family for 47 years i know how special the car can be.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
And this is why I don't get married.

Pounding the same vag will get me bored from doing it so much.

Just using your logic is all....

Users who are viewing this thread