Why Is The Mach 1 Section Always Dead?

bigdawg77

Need New hotrod
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I wouldn't trade either of them for anything and that's the truth... I have big plans for the both of them! :D

Dont wanna sell my little sis that pretty blue one :)

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
bigdawg77 said:
Dont wanna sell my little sis that pretty blue one :)

Sorry, buddy! She'll have to find another one! I'm not giving mine up without a fight!!! LOL

There's definitely a bunch of great deals on here if you keep your eyes open. Make sure to check out The Market!

Someday I'll have the Mach 1 TT'd like SOS... Those are my big plans! :beer:

swervo

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Sorry, buddy! She'll have to find another one! I'm not giving mine up without a fight!!! LOL

There's definitely a bunch of great deals on here if you keep your eyes open. Make sure to check out The Market!

Someday I'll have the Mach 1 TT'd like SOS... Those are my big plans! :beer:

TT machs are fun. Just wish I had a built block to push more boost.:burnout:

swervo

Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Stock block???????????? Please say no.

unfortunately yes, it's still the stock block. Im going to save money for a forged bottem end when I go over to iraq. Already have a teksid block and spare intake manifold and 04 mach heads sitting in my garage.

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
swervo said:
unfortunately yes, it's still the stock block. Im going to save money for a forged bottem end when I go over to iraq. Already have a teksid block and spare intake manifold and 04 mach heads sitting in my garage.
Got ya!! Kinda sucks knowing you have the power on tap, but can't use it. I really need a new block as well. I wanna get a Teksid block built well enough to handle whatever i throw at it. I have the stock block, but forged internals so i'm good for now, but i know i've still got more on tap. Best of luck and be safe in Iraq!

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Got ya!! Kinda sucks knowing you have the power on tap, but can't use it. I really need a new block as well. I wanna get a Teksid block built well enough to handle whatever i throw at it. I have the stock block, but forged internals so i'm good for now, but i know i've still got more on tap. Best of luck and be safe in Iraq!

I'm afraid to push mine further than 10lbs. I have a knock in my driverside head, cylinder closest to the firewall. We're thinking the builder didn't put the "rockers" in exactly like he took them out (I know I know ...stock cams with 31k on them; couldn't afford FOUR cams at the time!) :bash:

TheBlkMach1

Leroy is back.
Established Member
swervo said:
Yeah, I cant wait to get a built motor, plus another tranny and the new lethal performance/fore precision fuel system.
Gotta love Lethal. There are only about 15 minutes away from my house and two of my buddies work there so i always get taken care of.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
TheBlkMach1 said:
Gotta love Lethal. There are only about 15 minutes away from my house and two of my buddies work there so i always get taken care of.

I just want to make it clear that I hate you :burn:

:beer:

swervo said:
Yeah, I cant wait to get a built motor, plus another tranny and the new lethal performance/fore precision fuel system.

I must check this out! I already have a -6an dual line kit (capable of 1000+hp), but I hadn't realized they were selling fuel kits now.

Last edited:

Cody6405

Established Member
I was holding of on the mid pipe because i want to buy long tubes so that way i am not waisting money on a mid pipe that wont work with the headers i want.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Cody6405 said:
I was holding of on the mid pipe because i want to buy long tubes so that way i am not waisting money on a mid pipe that wont work with the headers i want.

If you want to maximize yoru CAI and catback, then yes...I would get a tune. Most places will discount a retune at a later date if you get one now, but that depends on your tuner's shop. Very smart waiting on the mid until the LTs come..the mid and LTs will lean y our car out a fair amount...so I would tune it right after they are done.

I am honestly surprised at the people that do LT's on stangs (modulars). If you ahve to pay to have them done..you are looking at $1G, easy..I would put that towards some other mods, that would be better...DRs, suspension, rims/tires...or some kind of FI....But that's just me.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
If you want to maximize yoru CAI and catback, then yes...I would get a tune. Most places will discount a retune at a later date if you get one now, but that depends on your tuner's shop. Very smart waiting on the mid until the LTs come..the mid and LTs will lean y our car out a fair amount...so I would tune it right after they are done.

I am honestly surprised at the people that do LT's on stangs (modulars). If you ahve to pay to have them done..you are looking at $1G, easy..I would put that towards some other mods, that would be better...DRs, suspension, rims/tires...or some kind of FI....But that's just me.

I thought the same thing until my buddy with an '01 Cobra dyno'd at 315 RWHP with just full exhaust and intake. LT's, catted x, cat-back, and intake. That's it. He gained 20 RWHP from the tune and 17 RWTQ. Very impressive.

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Cody6405 said:

gotcha! Rick at Amazon Racing is great. If you get the SCT hand-held from him, you get free e-mail tunes for life.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I thought the same thing until my buddy with an '01 Cobra dyno'd at 315 RWHP with just full exhaust and intake. LT's, catted x, cat-back, and intake. That's it. He gained 20 RWHP from the tune and 17 RWTQ. Very impressive.

I agree with the numbers being impressive.......but paying $1G+ for them (installed and cost of tubes and Tune extra)......I would rather save that for a different route.....but if everyone had the same opinion, the world would be boring. :beer:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ponygt65 said:
I agree with the numbers being impressive.......but paying $1G+ for them (installed and cost of tubes and Tune extra)......I would rather save that for a different route.....but if everyone had the same opinion, the world would be boring. :beer:

LOL Very true... I would love cams and full exhaust.... You probably couldn't beat that sound. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread