Will Ford raise MSRP for 2008?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
From what Ive been reading about future models coming, the one to watch out for is going to be the 1000 limiteed run of Boss mustangs they're talking about over on Stangsunleashed.com.

the boss will be another special edition car just like the bullitt and mach 1. what that means is that ford will build 3-5 thousand units for each build year, and maybe more. does anyone remember the mach debacle? one year, no more than 6k produced? they made a lot more than that.

there is another r coming. gt500kr will have around 550hp with a weight near 3300lbs. at least those are the current goals. with a retail price of 60k-65k this will be the car to own.

bottom line dont believe anything you here from a dealer. they are in it to make money, no matter how lies they need to spew!

CGoeschel

Established Member
drmustang said:
Excellent idea, I'll take one too.

LOL...Ill take one too! I had a current owner call us today and offer to sell us his 600 mile GT500....he wants 60,000.00. He's gouging us, the dealer!! Damn you customers!

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
LOL...Ill take one too! I had a current owner call us today and offer to sell us his 600 mile GT500....he wants 60,000.00. He's gouging us, the dealer!! Damn you customers!
:lol:

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
CGoeschel said:

:rolleyes: So what did you offer? And if you let people special order, how do you account for the overhead which you describe? By overcharging on the lot units, a special additional fee on the special order, or do you eat it because these are special customers?

And out of curiosity, how many women work in your dealership in sales?

CGoeschel

Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
:rolleyes: So what did you offer? And if you let people special order, how do you account for the overhead which you describe? By overcharging on the lot units, a special additional fee on the special order, or do you eat it because these are special customers?

And out of curiosity, how many women work in your dealership in sales?

We did not make an offer on the car. We sell special orders on most mainstream car and trucks at 1% over invoice (usually between 250 and 500 dollars). There's nothing to "eat" as even though we sell it just a little over invoice, we still have holdback to pay the overhead and expenses, plus the fact that the car sells right away, we dont have to pay flooring on the unit either. We have 7 women on our staff out of 38 sales people at the moment.

CGoeschel

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
why should they offer on a used gt500? they can purchase gt500 from ford new for around $36k dollars(no option coupe dealer price).

We only get them when Ford allocates us a unit. Currently we have 4 sold and 3 more allocated.

magred

Established Member
CGoeschel said:
I hate to stoop to this level but you've drawn me into it. You're in **iot. Im not trying or do I need to justify the ADM's. If you think that Wal-Mart and Costco and all these other "wholesalers" are making a "little" profit with a "little" markup on their goods (that they buy from manufacturers in HUGE BULKS at EXTREMELY LOW PRICES), your really are out of your mind and there is very little hope for you to ever understand. So go about your business and we'll go about ours as a top 30 dealer in the nation, selling and servicing our customers with above and beyond customer service and selling GT500's at current market value. Good luck!
You calling me an idiot when you are the car salesman is kind of funny. You may want to take a business class or two and then you might finally get a clue. I would say that I know how to run a business since I am doing quite well. On the other hand, you are the salesman who is used to talking crap trying to get a customer to bite. I, for one, know how a business operates and I do this by making a profit but not by trying to screw my customers. I have seen a huge amount of growth each year by passing on savings to my customers. And you know what? They come back. I believe in passing on savings to the customer along with customer service. It too is a product that customers buy when they buy the product. This is something you dealerships and salesman need to understand. I guess if you had a clue you wouldn't be a car salesman trying to justify to people why you have ADMs. I don't sugar coat stuff so I call it like I see it. You need to get an education on economics and quit trying to defend from a one sided perspective. I and others know what you dealerships are trying to do to people and I for one love to see the cars come back and bite you in the ass. You act like you are doing people a favor and then justify a damn ADM. Give me a break. As I stated earlier, you have dealerships that offer the cars with no ADM and they create dealer loyalty and then you have the ones trying to rip people off and they have no loyalty. A good example was posted if you could read without the blinders is of the number one Corvette dealership in the country, they are that way because they didn't have any ADM. When in contrast dealers who had the huge ADM lost prospective customers because of the huge markups. You people are shortsighted and can't see beyond next week. I guess that is because you are thinking only of the commission instead of the big picture. Not only do you leave a bad taste in people but you piss people off to the point that you drive people to the competition. Don't believe me? How many threads and how many people have you talked to who said that they will look at getting a new Corvette, new Camaro, or one of the upcoming Dodge Challengers due to the huge ADMs? But being that you salesman and dealerships only deal in the present, you can't see that you are causing brand and car resentment. Sure, I'll buy a GT500 when the prices drop but I'll be damned if I will put money into someones pocket when they are trying to gouge me. I could easily pay for the car now as I am currently waiting for a new Z06 but for me it is the principle. Hmmm, there's a reason they call them "Stealerships". And I am the one stooping by carrying on a conversation with a car salesman!!! You know the question "How do you know a car salesman is lying?" . Because he is talking!!!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
magred said:
You calling me an idiot when you are the car salesman is kind of funny. You may want to take a business class or two and then you might finally get a clue. I would say that I know how to run a business since I am doing quite well. On the other hand, you are the salesman who is used to talking crap trying to get a customer to bite. I, for one, know how a business operates and I do this by making a profit but not by trying to screw my customers. I have seen a huge amount of growth each year by passing on savings to my customers. And you know what? They come back. I believe in passing on savings to the customer along with customer service. It too is a product that customers buy when they buy the product. This is something you dealerships and salesman need to understand. I guess if you had a clue you wouldn't be a car salesman trying to justify to people why you have ADMs. I don't sugar coat stuff so I call it like I see it. You need to get an education on economics and quit trying to defend from a one sided perspective. I and others know what you dealerships are trying to do to people and I for one love to see the cars come back and bite you in the ass. You act like you are doing people a favor and then justify a damn ADM. Give me a break. As I stated earlier, you have dealerships that offer the cars with no ADM and they create dealer loyalty and then you have the ones trying to rip people off and they have no loyalty. A good example was posted if you could read without the blinders is of the number one Corvette dealership in the country, they are that way because they didn't have any ADM. When in contrast dealers who had the huge ADM lost prospective customers because of the huge markups. You people are shortsighted and can't see beyond next week. I guess that is because you are thinking only of the commission instead of the big picture. Not only do you leave a bad taste in people but you piss people off to the point that you drive people to the competition. Don't believe me? How many threads and how many people have you talked to who said that they will look at getting a new Corvette, new Camaro, or one of the upcoming Dodge Challengers due to the huge ADMs? But being that you salesman and dealerships only deal in the present, you can't see that you are causing brand and car resentment. Sure, I'll buy a GT500 when the prices drop but I'll be damned if I will put money into someones pocket when they are trying to gouge me. I could easily pay for the car now as I am currently waiting for a new Z06 but for me it is the principle. Hmmm, there's a reason they call them "Stealerships". And I am the one stooping by carrying on a conversation with a car salesman!!! You know the question "How do you know a car salesman is lying?" . Because he is talking!!!

Well said!:thumbsup:
But i do have a few car salesman friends who are straight up guys. They are selling the GT 500's for MSRP NO MARK -UP for the reasons you just stated.

Tim:beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Ok, well i havnt had time to reply to this thread because i was in surgery yesterday. But I can actually read now so I'll comment.

My comments were based strictly on the fact that everyone THINKS car dealers are rolling in money. Customers come in, beat up the dealers for thier bottom dollar and leave with the car dealer MAYBE making a few hundred dollars.

Yes dealers DO make money on a service business but with the technological advancements in cars, the service intervals are being more and more spread out, and with the undercutting of price from the small independent shops, it is making it much more difficult to make a profit when matching these prices.

The NUMBER ONE goal of a New Car Dealership is to make a Profit on a New Retail Vehicle. But we really cant even do that anymore. Why? Cause of really horrid product, gas prices, and TOO MANY days supply of new vehicles at the manufacturer.

There are so many independent used car dealers now that we can't keep up with the used car market. This is why we are currently getting out of the Ford Dealer thing while we still have our shirts on. And are Focusing on heavyduty trucks (Haulers guys) and a good used market.

So yes, apparently as some of you have pointed out my vagina is apparently a bit sandy over this topic.

Reason being is that I am SO sick of people complaining about people charging MSRP for cars. For those of you that think we make a BUNDLE of money at Invoice. You are terribly mistaken. Say you make $800 in holdback, average vehicle call it an Exploder. Well after you've paid your manager and yoursalesperson, the F&I guy that had a hard time making anything on the backend because rates are so competitive and extended warranties are useless cause the factory INCLUDES them now, you have maybe $250 to put into the bank, to pay all of your other bills. So for those of you that think we MAKE a TON of money at invoice, you're wrong.

MSRP for this car, the GT500 is a good deal. Especially right now, and a few months from now. It's OUR, the markets, fault for the markups. WE demanded the vehicle, and it does, despite what some might say hold alot of exclusivity. So because of this dealers are going to charge more.

Back to the topics at hand, Ford Motor Company is BLEEDING. They see dealers are making money, so as usual they want to dip into the dealers pockets to make some of that money, which in turn dips into yours and mine.

I apologize for anyone i offended, or put a hair across thier ass.

ONDBIT, i wasnt referring to you, i know you werent complaining.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
We did not make an offer on the car. We sell special orders on most mainstream car and trucks at 1% over invoice (usually between 250 and 500 dollars). There's nothing to "eat" as even though we sell it just a little over invoice, we still have holdback to pay the overhead and expenses, plus the fact that the car sells right away, we dont have to pay flooring on the unit either. We have 7 women on our staff out of 38 sales people at the moment.

Strange, as you went to great lengths to expain why your having a huge volume on the lot was to add to the sales enticement, which adds to cost. So things can't be quite as tough as described or you would never allow a special order at such low return. As that would ruin your entire business model, assuming you have one. And surely such asute business people could find a way to sell the highly priced used GT500 at a profit because its inherant market value is so low relative to its percieved value.:poke: Or is that another misconception of yours that the MSRP is so far under its retail value that you could not make a buck on it sold on its merits sans hype?

And as for my question about the number of female sales people, if you cared so much about your customers, why so few when 80% of all new vehicle purchase decisions are made or heavily influenced by women? And 78% percent of women are dissatisfied with their new vehical purchase(those are the auto dealers industry associations numbers by the way)

Last edited:

CGoeschel

Established Member
And as for my question about the number of female sales people, if you cared so much about your customers, why so few when 80% of all new vehicle purchase decisions are made or heavily influenced by women? And 78% percent of women are dissatisfied with their new vehical purchase(those are the auto dealers industry associations numbers by the way)

You never heard me say things were tough. Sales are doing well in our market compared to many other Ford markets, so Im not complaining about not doing well. I just cant believe that on a vehicle that has a limited production of around 10000 units that you think Ford is alienating you the customers by letting dealers get market value for them. Ford let the first one go at Barrett Jackson for 600,000 and Edsel Ford himself was there applauding. The good news was a portion of that went to the Carroll Shelby Foundation.

We heavily advertise for women sales professionals and we'd like to have more working for us. As a matter of fact our dealership has a higher percentage of women than any other dealer in our city and a good woman salesperson tends to have a higher closing ratio than men in most cases.

Svt Pilot

Established Member
magred said:
How many threads and how many people have you talked to who said that they will look at getting a new Corvette, new Camaro, or one of the upcoming Dodge Challengers due to the huge ADMs?

You dont think the new Camaro and Challenger will have ADM's when they first come out?:??:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
the dealers dont make any money on financing? why dont i believe that????????? the are many local multi million dollar mortgage company's and they dont sell a thing. all they do is finance and they make great money. yea so the 20k financed on a car will not turn the profit like a 200k financed home, but you get the picture. dealers will make an extra profit on every financed deal.

hell here locally a ring of dealers does whatever they can to get special financing. thats right even if the buyer does not need they push the financing through. why? because they make more money that way!:idea: no wonder this dealer can spend 1 million in advertising every month and turn a very nice profit!

CGoeschel

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
the dealers dont make any money on financing? why dont i believe that????????? the are many local multi million dollar mortgage company's and they dont sell a thing. all they do is finance and they make great money. yea so the 20k financed on a car will not turn the profit like a 200k financed home, but you get the picture. dealers will make an extra profit on every financed deal.

hell here locally a ring of dealers does whatever they can to get special financing. thats right even if the buyer does not need they push the financing through. why? because they make more money that way!:idea: no wonder this dealer can spend 1 million in advertising every month and turn a very nice profit!

There's federal laws to protect consumers from dealers overcharging on financing. The maximum in most states that a dealer can mark up interest points is 2 points. Maybe we need federal laws to protect against ADM's.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
magred, I agree 100% regarding loyalty. I checked with every dealer within an hour of me. None were interested in my long term business. So. I am going 2 hours away to a dealer that will sell it for MSRP. As a "reward" to him, I will return to buy future Fords. He is taking care of me on the GT500, I will keep coming back to buy my SUVs and Trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread