Will Ford raise MSRP for 2008?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
CGoeschel said:
There's federal laws to protect consumers from dealers overcharging on financing. The maximum in most states that a dealer can mark up interest points is 2 points. Maybe we need federal laws to protect against ADM's.

i said nothing about over charging. i just stated that dealers will make money on finance. so why the finance guy needs to be payed out of the sale of the car is beyond me. he will get payed on the profit from the financing.

and no we do not need fed laws against adms. we have to many laws, restrictions regulation as it is in this country. i want the federal goverment out of my life not in it!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
magred, I agree 100% regarding loyalty. I checked with every dealer within an hour of me. None were interested in my long term business. So. I am going 2 hours away to a dealer that will sell it for MSRP. As a "reward" to him, I will return to buy future Fords. He is taking care of me on the GT500, I will keep coming back to buy my SUVs and Trucks.

and you will send everyone you know up there as well will you not?:D was it that hard to find a gt500 at msrp?

if you can not find one at msrp you have either not looked hard enough or dont have the patience to wait til next year! ;-)

bubbrubb

ON D BIT said:
or dont have the patience to wait til next year! ;-)
let me tell you that waiting for this car sucks a big fat one!!!! My allocation is for an 08 at this point, but if ADM is gone, I'm going to jump in bed with the first MSRP (or better?!?) GT500 I can get in my color/option choice :thumbsup:

speaking of waiting for this car... I guess I need to go talk to my dealer, but its pathetic that its something that I actually fear, because they either **** something up or try to **** me over... there has been a real change in attitude since Ford has started to hit the fan :kaboom:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
magred, I agree 100% regarding loyalty. I checked with every dealer within an hour of me. None were interested in my long term business. So. I am going 2 hours away to a dealer that will sell it for MSRP. As a "reward" to him, I will return to buy future Fords. He is taking care of me on the GT500, I will keep coming back to buy my SUVs and Trucks.
Well said. My local Chevrolet dealer called me today saying they just received a 2007 velocity yellow ZO6. Oh, by the way, this is the same dealership I went to about 3-4 months ago inquiring about a new ZO6. They had a used one on the lot, a pre-production one. I was not interested since it looked pretty well used. They stated I would not be able to get a new 2007 anywhere because they're all sold. Mistake #1(oh and I don't care if they received an extra allocation, they shouldn't have been so definitive in telling me there no way I'd be able to get a 2007.) I then asked them about it. It was a 2LZ fully loaded. I asked them what the MSRP was. They said $77XXX plus a $5000 mark-up. Mistake #2. I told them thanks, but no thanks. Kerbeck Chevy, along with many other dealerships, are currently selling new Z's at msrp, many are even discounting them a couple of grand. Of course, this makes me want to go elsewhere for every vehicle I purchase, not just pleasure drivers. I'd rather drive 100-200 miles to get the vehicle I want if they happen to be offering a better price. Loyalty does not have to be to a local dealership.

oldmodman

Established Member
I live in Los Angeles, a land of people that seem to have money to burn. Almost every dealer of every brand is adding extra profit markups to their prices. Try going into a Ferrari or Lambo dealership. EVERYTHING is sold for the next six to eighteen months at markups over 100K

Now I know everyone is going to say that those are exotic cars but here in los Angeles they really aren't. You can hardly get to the store due to all the damn F-355, Gallardo, Diablo, TT Porsche, A8r Audi etc in your way:lol:

So back to the real word. When I want to buy another Ford product I phone up a dealer just out of town. tell them what model I want to order, they fax me a blank order sheet, I fill it out and fax it back and in short order I have a confirmed price at 250.00 over invoice. I mail them a deposit check and when the car arrives I go out and pay for it. No dicking around. They sell another car with no effort. I get exactly the product I want at the price I want to pay, we are both happy.

It just pisses me off that even if I take the order sheet to a local dealer they just laugh and say that someone will walk in off the street and pay thousands more. I guess there really are plenty of people with more money than brains.

Damn I wish I was one of them:p

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:

Now you know why I send them people. I bet they get 15-20 people from me alone every year. They sold me my 01 GT,01 Cobra and my 03 Cobra on A plan. I got the first 01 Cobra in the country. We did the drag test on it for 5.0 mag. I also got one of the first 03 Cobras, we did the cold CAI and pulley swap stories in 5.0 and Race pages.
I had one of the first 07 GT 500's, but due to a mistake when it got ordered, I refused the car at MSRP. I'll now be getting an 08 for less than MSRP. That's their way of saying Sorry for the mix up!

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread