Will Push The Buy Button Next Week

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
they all make enough power to kill your motor.
A complete Paxton setup can be had for about $5-5500 including injectors and a tune.
A complete TVS setup is about a thousand more but folks love the instant torque.
Turbo add another thousand but widely considered the best if you are looking long term.
Best bang for buck... Paxton... its what I did because im a cheap ass. And I LOVE the kit. Car Effin rips.

You forgot to read the part where the OP would need a $1200 convertor...
Paxton is the best bang for the buck on a stick car, but a TVS is the shit on an A6!
If your looking to spend a shit ton of $$$ on a 1000+ WHP ride, then turbo's will get you there.

gimmie11s... When are you taking that Paxton to the track? We need to see some #'s!

Last edited:

cjd223

Established Member
I have been the turbo route before - '87 Buick T-Type. Don't want that again. It spools up just like a centrifugal supercharger. IMO you will need a converter with a turbo. Now if someone would come up with a small/large turbo combo then I would be interested. Too bad no one has come up with a turbo/sc that is driven by an electric motor. I know Volvo has one in the prototype stage.

Riptide

Established Member
Either of the aforementioned combos (VMP or paxton+converter) are going to be harder to hook on the street if that matters to you.

466roller

Established Member
FWIW I just installed a VMP Gen 2 kit on my 13' in under 8 hours. The thing literally falls on. The front cover does have to be modified but it's virtually unseen once the kits installed. I'm still working with Justin to tweak the tune and he's been updating my tunes within hours. I contemplated all FI. I've had turbo cars before and loved the power but for this car I decided to go VMP and haven't regretted it one bit.

2012csgt

Established Member
Don't forget about the baby Vortech V3. Put a 2c converter in it and a Lund tune and it will drive awesome, better than stock, and be a bat outta hell when WOT.

4VFTW

Established Member
The filter location on the procharger is a non factor. My iat after a pass is 20 over ambient at the Maf. Nobody complains about turbos sucking hot enine air, but on the procharger it's a deal breaker?

DaBigBone

Established Member
I had a TVS and loved it. I'll probably be going with a paxton/vortech setup next though. A little bit cheaper, plus it's a little easier on the motor.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
We carry vmp, roush, vortech, paxton, procharger, EDP, on3 and motiva. Shoot me a PM OP and we can go over pro's and con's and pricing for them all.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
They're all good, tial too I'd you go Paxton So add more $$$$ Tvs is fun And a monster on the street.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
a converter is def not a requirement.

to get the most out of any s/c a converter will help, it will benefit a centri more, but all power adders can benefit from one

burke985

Established Member
ive had my roush kit for almost a year and a half and while i dont track it often i do beat on it regularly. Ran great for 10k miles so far and has seen 9psi since day one

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread