"Willing to pay NADA CLEAN TRADE-IN for Terminator

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
At the end of the day good deals can be had but its all going to even out:

-Stock cobras for $16k
-Twin screw cobras for $18-20k (same price if you decide to mod a stock one)
-Roller for $8-10k + $5-6k to put it back together .. You get the point

Supply, demand, but most of all the condition of the car and the preference of the buyer for the car to be in perfect condition will play a huge role in the price.

It all depends on how important the car is to the seller, how desperate the seller is, if a dealer is selling it for book value, etc. some colors that are less desirable might go cheaper. It's really all over the place, so if OP is looking long enough one can be found.

luke1333

Banned
Established Member
At the end of the day good deals can be had but its all going to even out:

-Stock cobras for $16k
-Twin screw cobras for $18-20k (same price if you decide to mod a stock one)
-Roller for $8-10k + $5-6k to put it back together .. You get the point

Supply, demand, but most of all the condition of the car and the preference of the buyer for the car to be in perfect condition will play a huge role in the price.

It all depends on how important the car is to the seller, how desperate the seller is, if a dealer is selling it for book value, etc. some colors that are less desirable might go cheaper. It's really all over the place, so if OP is looking long enough one can be found.

Stock cobra for $16k???? what with 100k + miles on it?

and OP i will buy for NADA retail value but good luck hahaha

mcallister

Established Member
These cars don't go for what you'd think. I sat on my 2.9 whipple cobra for a year before it sold. I got 18.5 out of it after starting at 25. You'll find one in your price range, some people are dreaming with some of the prices they think their car will bring.

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
These cars don't go for what you'd think. I sat on my 2.9 whipple cobra for a year before it sold. I got 18.5 out of it after starting at 25. You'll find one in your price range, some people are dreaming with some of the prices they think their car will bring.

how many miles did it have?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
As everyone can see, the prices vary all over the place. One thing is certain- they will always hold their value.
It really depends on both the buyer and the seller. I remember negotiating for mine and realizing its hard enough to find a terminator, then its even more difficult to find one in great condition. In my case, only 299 were made in SY and I had to have screaming yellow, so what am I going to do if the seller doesn't budge on his price? I can't just go to my local dealer and pick one up.
It depends on who is looking and when. I chased down an old Craigslist ad that expired to search for my SY Cobra..now just a week ago a guy couldn't sell his for while at only $18k with 75k miles. If I was looking now that car would have sold in minutes. Get my point?

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
If you research what the Grand Nationals sold for over the years, you will see Cobras are on the same path. Look at nada on a 87 GN now, $44k that's almost double what these cars sold new!! Low mileage cars will always bring a premium over high mileage. I thought about maybe selling my 04 with 12k miles on it, but I wouldn't take less than $27,500, call me crazy but I don't have to sell it either.

HandBanana

Established Member
It's not you, it's the site. I've had a few also.

Good to know.

As far as the price range goes, it's a matter of supply and demand. You get a desperate seller who needs the money for whatever reason and he/she will be willing to negotiate damn near down to the bone sometimes but folks like myself who DO NOT need to sell don't really give a damn what Tom, Dick and Harry down the street and across the country are willing to sell their cars for, the price is the price. Only way you're coming across a well-built Whipple/KB,TVS Cobra with under 75k on it for that price range is if the seller really, really needs to move the vehicle.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
These guys are trying to get 4-10k over NADA retail...much less trade in.

Supply and demand doesn't only apply here in the US. These cars are becoming very popular over seas as well. I see them all over Instagram in Kuwait, Dubai, Germany etc. I've had a few offers from people over seas on my car as well.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xiHZorrMsqU

The title of this post cracks me up all day. "Willing to pay Trade in value" lol. More like PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE someone sell me a Terminator at trade in value lol. These cars won't see low trade in values unless they are hurt motor or horrible condition.

Also, as these cars come down a little in price and the "new generation" of Cobra buyers get them and daily drive them, the value of the left over garage queens will rise. Not that I bought my car to make a profit, but to enjoy. It's interesting to discuss though

Last edited:

mr. b_98GT

Established Member
I think you will have to save up more $ or wait for that one owner that throws up his twinscrew 03-04 desperation sell ad, or find one with 90k+ miles on it with a twinscrew and other supporting mods to get one for $16-$17k. I was in the market for most of last year, and the only ones I saw selling for $16-$17k where mildly modded, mid to high mileage cars. There were a few great deals that slipped through my fingers, or deals I passed on because I didn't want one in that particular color. There is a reason that a few dealers out there that specialize in selling 03-04 Cobras are pricing well kept, low to mid mileage Cobra's in the $20k's, whether they have a stock Eaton or a twin-screw, it is quite simply because they are still selling for that much. Good luck with your search, but if you really, really want one with a twin-screw that is in great condition, and you want one like NOW, then you will most likely have to come up with more $ on top of the loan, or get lucky finding that one seller that actually needs to sell fast.

Last edited:

MonteSS

Just keep looking. We car guys always believe what we have is worth more than it really is, just due to the sheer amount of time and $$$ we've all put in.

Can't really blame us, but if you're not in a hurry you won't have any trouble finding what you're looking for. Don't let anybody else tell you different.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Mine is always for sale, but you wouldn't like the price I'd ask.
THIS! first 50k in my hand can have my car. IF I decide to list it, the price will be 32k ... rock bottom 30k.

Just keep looking. We car guys always believe what we have is worth more than it really is, just due to the sheer amount of time and $$$ we've all put in..
Horseshit. I am well aware what my car bluebooks for Believing it is worth more has ZERO to do with my asking price. it is what I am willing to sell it for, nothing more, nothing less and two shits not given about what other people say or think about that price.

it is 100% true that a vehicle (including TERMINATORS) are worth what the buyer is willing to pay. it is also true that if you want one bad enough you will pay the asking price or close to it. otherwise move on and wait for a deal more to your liking, but expect to be waiting a considerable time. The MARKET says these cars are worth a certain amount, and the market has never paid much attention to NADA

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
I note the few people posting trying to back up OP's claim of 15k whippled cobras all day long have very few posts. You may want to look for a 99-01 cobra or a nice GT.

Wrong website to throw this out and hope it sticks to the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread