"Willing to pay NADA CLEAN TRADE-IN for Terminator

geno9790

Established Member
I have a pre-approval through my bank and am able to pay 110% of NADA clean trade-in. Due to the age my bank kind of restricts what they will loan. Now I have seen whippled cobras go for 16-17k etc so I know someone has got one they are willing to part ways with. I am ready to go.

landonvan

Established Member
Well we are glad that you gave your cobra away. But the fact is that these are now specialty vehicles. With fewer and fewer of them the price will stay in the 20+ range with less than 50k miles. And the reason they are on the forum for so long is not that they are priced to high. Its that not everyone is looking for a 03-04 cobra. Most people just think they cool GT mustangs.

geno9790

Established Member
then I guess im just looking for a give away... I would of bought that 03 whipple cobra out of Canada for 15,500 15,800 all day....he must of just been giving it away too....

lucheski

Established Member
Another reason they staying longer is age group of people wanting cobras tends to be younger people who can't get loans for the cars because of the banks NADA policies. A few years ago when Nada was close to the actual market value these cars sold quickly

geno9790

Established Member
Another reason they staying longer is age group of people wanting cobras tends to be younger people who can't get loans for the cars because of the banks NADA policies. A few years ago when Nada was close to the actual market value these cars sold quickly

Exactly, not only young people but not a lot of older people have an extra 5-6k sitting around to buy one when you can get a 2007 or 08 gt500 for 26k and finance the whole thing easily. But again deals are out there and I just keep seem to miss them!

BUSHDIVING82

Established Member
Well said. At the end of the day NADA "retail" is what it is, and that's what most credit unions will go off of. Last time I checked $18k for an 03 cobra and $20k for an 04. Not everyone has 26-28k lying around to dump on a car, or for that matter 6-8k to cover the difference of what a bank will give. That's why terminator for sale threads are collecting dust....

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Can't afford one, then don't buy one. If you read a bunch of the threads, it'll say "don't have to sell."

azc0bra

Established Member
That Ontario car was a fluke.... Good luck with your search for a 16k whipple Termi. Although some guy had a salvage high mileage car with a Kb in that price range.

cj428mach

Established Member
Can't afford one, then don't buy one. If you read a bunch of the threads, it'll say "don't have to sell."

Ditto. Most of the nice cars worth owning are owned by people that aren't in financial situations that would require them to sell them. I know if I was going to sell my car I'd be able to put a price on it that I felt it was worth and wait for a buyer because I "wouldn't have to sell it."

Best of luck to you OP but if you don't have the funds, I'd wait until you do as there are a lot of ragged out cobras out there.

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I love how one or two cars sell low and that's the new standard :D

Good deals can be found. I've seen a whipple vert for $17.5k, but supply and demand play a huge roll with these limited production cars... especially with very obsessed owners like myself lol. I can see a lot of 90k+ mile whipple owners who might be interested in the offer, but for the lower mileage cars it will be more difficult. Not impossible, but difficult. You might get lucky, but be careful with which responses you get from people who might want to pawn off a car with low compression or that was once a roller. You get what you pay for.

Last edited:

shauncurt

Established Member
Your a couple weeks late OP. I just sold my 60k mile 04 whipple coupe for $18. Truth is...I bought it for less and I had options in that price range. Be patient, well maintained high power Cobras can be had in your budget. Just not on SVTP lol

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member

THIS!! Mine is for sale .. always will be. but it will come at a premium because a)it is worth every dime and b)I can afford to wait till someone that appreciates it, and wants it bad enough will pay what I want or close to it. These cars, even at 12 years old are worth more that what some of the others will be at 12 years old. and SOME of them are destined to go up in price eventually. maybe I will see it maybe I won't I don't really care.

StangsfeverFOX

Established Member
i have a 0w coupe with a 2.6kb and built irs with tranny - 72xxx miles and all supporting mods with good suspension, tublar k member, full arh exhaust with borla stinger catback with good m/t tires and I wouldn't let it go for less then 21k with what I see.. if you want a twin screw cobra for 16-17k then welcome to the 100xxx+ mile club and im sure they will be like 7/10 exterior and interior cars... why not save up 3k more ontop of your approved loan and get one a little more worth while, because if you cant save up a couple grand before you have a payment then how do you expect to afford it after you buy it?

tarheels15

Established Member
whipple cobra

The longer you wait these cobras will drop its just they way it works out here in cali stock 50k mileage cobras can be had all day long for 15to 16k clean title anything over that and they just sit.From a buyers perspective look at what the blue book value is on an 03 cobra with 18k miles which is under 19k but yet ppl on here are asking more cause of actual market value.At the end of they day a car is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay and i never in my life would pay over 18k for a whipple cobra clean title with over 50k.for 17k ur getting a whipple cobra with just under 70miles just look around.no disrespect to anyone on this site just throwingin my 2cents as i was in the market for one a while back thanks

dom418

Established Member
OP yo may have to up your budget a little. I know potential buyers always reference blue book but Cobras have never brought blue book. Credit unions are the way to go for a loan.

As for the Cobras that just sit for sale in the market section, they are overpriced plain and simple. A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay right? Well nobody is going to overpay anymore. That's why they sit. The whole "don't need to sell" cracks me up. Basically the seller is saying I'm going to overinflate my price and see if some idiot bites. I love the 03-04 cobra but I'm a realist.

I expect low mile stock examples to bring strong money. Those are rare. Modded terminators are everywhere, and you only get a fraction of your money back. Issue with SVTP is the "SVTP tax"

04Cobra03

Established Member
Sorry OP but it will be hard to find one at that price. It's a sellers market. I paid several thousand over book value for my Conp orange low mile stockish terminator. I called on several torch red ones and asked to buy them for high book and was basically laughed at. Even cars with accident history. You get the impression that termi owners are all dicks. Basically I realized if I wanted the car that bad I had to throw down the extra cash. If you really want a whipple cobra id find a stock eaton car with higher mileage for $16k or so and put a whipple and supporting mods on it. I do know how you feel because I was there but like others say, they are specialty cars now and a lot are disappearing to foreign countries so you never know how many will be around later

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread