"Willing to pay NADA CLEAN TRADE-IN for Terminator

dom418

Established Member
New financial advice....."Who needs a 401k to retire when you have a terminator in the stable?"

Seriously a lot of guys swinging their nuts around here and getting puffy chested. Now I know why people see us as arrogant. 13/14 shelby owners aren't far behind with their illusions of grandeur. Everyone's got a crystal ball these days.

Who cares?!

Blackoyote

Established Member
I can care less about what the cobra did or didn't do for the auto industry..

So, what you're saying, is you care a lot? Lol.

On a side note, if this car at the specialty dealership is a 'steal' and has been sitting there for half a year, it's not a steal...there's a reason it's still there.

im4darush

Established Member
Why do we have to blow things out of proportion? Nobody here thinks a cobra is their key to retirement, and I dont remember seeing any nuts swinging.

There are a few simple facts that have been stated, and I dont see why folks are getting so bent out of shape. We live in a big world and lots of people out there selling lots of things. Is it possible that you may find a cobra out there for 15k? Sure!! But buyer beware as you may end up being the butthurt one after you bring it home. Things are cheap for a reason. And if they sit around for 6 months at this 'steal' price then one must question.....hmmm......why has it been there so long if it is such a steal??????

Blackoyote

Established Member
And to go back to the OP...what bank is basing loan value off of TRADE value? When I was looking to buy your car just a few months ago (which was over NADA) I had zero problems getting full asking price loaned from multiple institutions...right off the top of my head I can tell you 100000% Nationwide will go over Retail value (thought they say they'll only do book value), or get a loan through Lightstream.

And don't take this as criticism at all because I don't blame you or anyone else who does this...but it's funny how when selling a car lots of people will try to say their car is worth more because of mods, but when looking to buy they sing a completely different song (just seeing some of your other posts). I can't count how many times I've seen this from people buying/selling on here.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
So, what you're saying, is you care a lot? Lol.

On a side note, if this car at the specialty dealership is a 'steal' and has been sitting there for half a year, it's not a steal...there's a reason it's still there.

Well, it has a clean carfax, nothing wrong with it and low miles. Not everyone wants a 12 year old car. Also, being the grammar police isn't a good rebuttal/argument. It's just a way to attack someone instead of what they said. This is known as a strawman logical fallacy.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
Why do we have to blow things out of proportion? Nobody here thinks a cobra is their key to retirement, and I dont remember seeing any nuts swinging.

There are a few simple facts that have been stated, and I dont see why folks are getting so bent out of shape. We live in a big world and lots of people out there selling lots of things. Is it possible that you may find a cobra out there for 15k? Sure!! But buyer beware as you may end up being the butthurt one after you bring it home. Things are cheap for a reason. And if they sit around for 6 months at this 'steal' price then one must question.....hmmm......why has it been there so long if it is such a steal??????

I was inferring that members on here would qualify it as a "steal." I see it as a decent price.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
And to go back to the OP...what bank is basing loan value off of TRADE value? When I was looking to buy your car just a few months ago (which was over NADA) I had zero problems getting full asking price loaned from multiple institutions...right off the top of my head I can tell you 100000% Nationwide will go over Retail value (thought they say they'll only do book value), or get a loan through Lightstream.

And don't take this as criticism at all because I don't blame you or anyone else who does this...but it's funny how when selling a car lots of people will try to say their car is worth more because of mods, but when looking to buy they sing a completely different song (just seeing some of your other posts). I can't count how many times I've seen this from people buying/selling on here.

I agree. Some will give you full asking price but they probably won't factor in for mods. If they value the car at $18k, but the seller wants $30k for all of the mods, then they probably won't give you the $30k. I agree 100% with the mods perspective. People on here and elsewhere want to get out of the car what they put in it for mods but don't want to pay that when buying a modded car. Historically, people don't get out what they put into cars. If you can, then fine.

Blackoyote

Established Member
Well, it has a clean carfax, nothing wrong with it and low miles. Not everyone wants a 12 year old car. Also, being the grammar police isn't a good rebuttal/argument. It's just a way to attack someone instead of what they said. This is known as a strawman logical fallacy.

Lol, where did I grammar police you or attack you? Just pointing out you said a common statement incorrectly, and conveyed the completely wrong message. Grammar policing would be telling you that you put a period in the wrong place.

Either way, just because a car has a clean CarFax that doesn't mean anything. There's something wrong with the car if it's such a steal, period (care to share the link with us?). I'm not in the camp that thinks these cars are complete gold mines, btw. If one of these cars goes up for sale and is priced correctly though, it doesn't usually last because of the fact there ARE ALWAYS people looking for these cars for a great deal.

im4darush

Established Member
Ok look. There is only one thing that stands between you and any particular good deal. And that very important thing is having the ability to stand in front of that good deal before you pay for it. Once you are there, and lay your eyes upon it, can you say for certain that it is a good deal. I can not tell you how many times in my life I have been let down chasing down these 'good' deals. Never trust what you are told. Specifically by dealers. It is there business to hide the bad so that they sell their inventory for as much as they can. I applaud anyone who is smart with their money and wants to get the best deal possible. Just shows that mom and dad have raised you right and gave you the tools you need in this world. Just be smart and realize that people are not giving these cars away. If it is cheap, there is a reason. Your job is to uncover what that reason is and decide if it is still worth it. I would guess that if there are instances where these cars are given away in perfect shape with low miles, those instances are few and far between.

If you want a screeming deal, keep looking. But do not buy sight unseen!!

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
Lol, where did I grammar police you or attack you? Just pointing out you said a common statement incorrectly, and conveyed the completely wrong message. Grammar policing would be telling you that you put a period in the wrong place.

Either way, just because a car has a clean CarFax that doesn't mean anything. There's something wrong with the car if it's such a steal, period (care to share the link with us?). I'm not in the camp that thinks these cars are complete gold mines, btw. If one of these cars goes up for sale and is priced correctly though, it doesn't usually last because of the fact there ARE ALWAYS people looking for these cars for a great deal.

It's on Autotrader, zinc yellow vert with 48k miles for over $16.5k in Austin Texas. I emailed the dealership about 20 minutes ago and asked them if they would take $15.5k. Haven't heard back yet, that's why I was kind of hesitant to post the link. That car is pretty much just an example I was giving to show that you can get a decent deal. There is a possibility that the car could be sold now. Who knows. I did talk to them about a month ago and they sent me some pics and it does appear to be stock. How about we all just agree to disagree and give the thread back to the OP? I'm getting tired of this and I really need to get some Liability Recons done here at work.

2005LS2Goat

Established Member
Ok look. There is only one thing that stands between you and any particular good deal. And that very important thing is having the ability to stand in front of that good deal before you pay for it. Once you are there, and lay your eyes upon it, can you say for certain that it is a good deal. I can not tell you how many times in my life I have been let down chasing down these 'good' deals. Never trust what you are told. Specifically by dealers. It is there business to hide the bad so that they sell their inventory for as much as they can. I applaud anyone who is smart with their money and wants to get the best deal possible. Just shows that mom and dad have raised you right and gave you the tools you need in this world. Just be smart and realize that people are not giving these cars away. If it is cheap, there is a reason. Your job is to uncover what that reason is and decide if it is still worth it. I would guess that if there are instances where these cars are given away in perfect shape with low miles, those instances are few and far between.

If you want a screeming deal, keep looking. But do not buy sight unseen!!

That is also why I'm cautious about buying something out of state. This thread has gotten out of hand. So I apologize for highjacking the OP's thread and hope he finds a great car for himself.

Last edited:

im4darush

Established Member
Few things on this zinc 03 on autotrader. It is listed at $16800. A vert does not bring as much as a coupe. A zinc vert is a double whamy. 49k miles and the asking price is not that out of line on this particular car. Keep in mind we have no detail on it aside from the fact that is has those nasty ass headlights installed. Does it need tires? Etc..

In general 17K asking for a zinc 03 vert with just under 50k miles is about where the price should be for this car with no mods. Upgraded blower coupes with all supporting mods and ~30K miles are selling for 22-24K. But we are talking about cars that are making 550-600rwhp with all kinds of money spent. This car you have presented is right where it should be in terms of price. If it needs tires....even less.

Rob_Stylez

Established Member
Smackdown? why? Only thing on here has been a lot of unsubstantiated opinions and history lessons. I can care less about what the cobra did or didn't do for the auto industry. I'm not going to overpay for it because of nostalgia and history. And yes, all GM cares about is making money. Because they suck at that is irrelevant. I've contacted a dealer today, which has a cobra for what people on here would consider a "steal." For some reason it has been sitting on the market for about half a year. And this is more of a specialty dealership. I've listed the facts on how GTO's and Cobras are comparable cars, such as comparable HP, price, interior, gas mileage, cost, cost of ownership, but the only thing biased cobra owners have given are their subjective opinions and nostalgic mutterings. None of you replying back to me have a car you're going to sell or are looking to buy a cobra for cheap like the OP does. Just a bunch of butthurt fanboys who think their car is made of gold and forget to realize that it's just a car too that breaks down and costs money to operate.

Smackdown EXACTLY... no one here is helping the OP with his WTB thread not even you, theres 'Just a bunch of butthurt fanboys who think OUR CARS ARE made of gold and forget to realize that it's just a car too that breaks down and costs money to operate.' If you knew the rules of this forum, your supposed to be selling the OP a Cobra that meets his price/needs. And if your not, then Mods are supposed clean up the FS thread and/or give us infractions... ask me how I know :lol1:

And its pretty embarrasing that your insulting me or any other fan boys and your looking for one of these so called vehicles made of gold haha

New financial advice....."Who needs a 401k to retire when you have a terminator in the stable?"

Seriously a lot of guys swinging their nuts around here and getting puffy chested. Now I know why people see us as arrogant. 13/14 shelby owners aren't far behind with their illusions of grandeur. Everyone's got a crystal ball these days.

Who cares?!

I dont think anyone mentioned their retirement accounts... but nevertheless this is a pissing match :rollseyes

Users who are viewing this thread