Windham Weaponry AR15's

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Since you've been kicked in the nads with this reality check and you're realizing a lot of things about AR's for the first time, how about I toss another one your way.

JP Rifles

That's match grade...

Knight's Armament

That's top of the line....

I'm not suggesting somebody needs to spent $2K plus to get a good AR. As has been shown you can get quality under $800. But you WILL NOT get quality for less money and you WILL NOT build quality for less. We can argue all day about what is quality and you can find some moron somewhere that likes any brand out there and will swear its great. At the end of the day you have been handed information and what you do with it is on you. You can continue to argue for the sake of arguing and be ignorant for all I care but it's only showing what little you know.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
No I haven't....

I proved you can build a reliable AR for under $700. That's all you wanted.

As far as match goes; I'd pit mine against any massed produced version with confidence it'd hang. I wouldn't use the 6.8 though. As I'm sure you know the ballistics aren't the greatest.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I didn't say it was top notch, just reliable.

Wrong again. If it wasn't on a iPad I would pull up page after page after page of people's PSA's and other crap rifles failing. They are not quality, they are not reliable.

If you research PSA only looking for good feedback that's what you're going to find, if you look for the problems you're going to find just as much of that. Like I said, look up problems with PSA's and looks up problems with quality brands, it's not hard but you're not going to like what you see. PSA's and other shit rifles fail at a very high rate, and no its not because there's more out there.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Jesus Christ dude, you know you're wrong. First you're going back and forth playing a word game between quality and reliable when they are one in the same when it comes to guns and now you didn't say PSA rifle? Who gives a crap if you assembled it or somebody else, it's the same crap parts.

You're at your wits end and have nothing left and had nothing intelligent or factual from the get go. Don't worry though, a bunch of other clueless nuts wingers will be along to support you... Just try to make it through the night... Cling to your pile of parts, the spiritual powers will save you.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
Shot and handled one this past weekend. Put about 100rds of steel cased through it. Worked fine but I personally don't like anything other than metal for a lower. M&P15 Sport for the budget minded AR market. Regardless, best of luck to your purchase.

i'm here telling you that a COMPLETE Windham with removable carry handle (aka, sights on it) should sell around $800.

despite what you want to believe or what others may tell you PSA products are low quality. a $44 lpk is questionable at best...

$50 to $60 dollar lowers come with their own set of issues and evidence of cutting corners.
edit: i'm not the Windham arms champion... buy a Stag for $800 +/- and be done with it.

PSA's LPKs are made by LWschneider who are military contracted so...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=586494

That being said, I like my BCM middy dissipator :)

Last edited:

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
LOL, this turned into a pissing match.
Thanks for the advice and opinions and even other options I'm looking for a entry to mid level AR since the only long guns I have is a 10/22 and a Mossy 930 hd.
Paper targets, HD if needed
Like to stay under a grand. I was ready to buy in December 2012 but some piece of shit murderer screwed that up. Prices have stabilized so I'm in the market [at least researching right now] again

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
Shot and handled one this past weekend. Put about 100rds of steel cased through it. Worked fine but I personally don't like anything other than metal for a lower. M&P15 Sport for the budget minded AR market. Regardless, best of luck to your purchase.

Palmetto Armory Suppliers Revealed - Calguns.net

"military contracted" doesn't instantly = quality....

place "A" makes little metal parts.
Steve from "D" asks them to make part "X" and he's willing to spend $9 each on them.
John from "T" wants the same part but is only willing to spend $3 each.

who will get better parts?

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member

Palmetto Armory Suppliers Revealed - Calguns.net

schneider

If you go to that link it shows they make a lower receiver, NOT the actual LPK. I'll let redneck post up more hard evidence as I know he is going to. After I built my 4 AR's which was 3+ years ago I stopped going on arfcom and m4carbine so I can't find threads like he can and I definitely don't have the knowledge.

I will say this I don't know anyone else's "credentials" that are posting up in here but when a gunshop owner/ gunsmith (armedsuspect) and a person who has 50 grand plus in rifles and handguns with years of experience building dozens and dozens of rifles both AR platform and precision rifles as well as competing in tournaments (redneckbmxer24) tells you something is junk I would recommend you take a real hard look at what your saying is good and quoting as truth.

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
Hmm. I've been enjoying my $588 DPMS sportical for the past couple months. Didn't like the look of no forward assist or dust cover so I swapped the receiver out with an Anderson piece that does have them for $20.

HandBanana

Established Member
Jesus Christ dude, you know you're wrong. First you're going back and forth playing a word game between quality and reliable when they are one in the same when it comes to guns and now you didn't say PSA rifle? Who gives a crap if you assembled it or somebody else, it's the same crap parts.

You're at your wits end and have nothing left and had nothing intelligent or factual from the get go. Don't worry though, a bunch of other clueless nuts wingers will be along to support you... Just try to make it through the night... Cling to your pile of parts, the spiritual powers will save you.

Dude you are being a complete asshole. Relax, does your life suck that much that you have to e-battle with someone on SVTP just to avoid taking an interest in the sad, lonely existence that is your reality? If you tried to talk to these guys and especially me in person like this, you'd spend an awful lot of time on the ground.

Let it go, YOU HAVE NO VALID POINT TO PROVE. You may believe that you are the end-all in every gun discussion that arises here but your attitude and pompous demeanor just make you look like an ass.

IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION. You can swing from the nuts of certain manufacturers all you want but it doesn't change the fact that folks will end up purchasing what they want, not even remotely based on your EXTREMELY biased and poorly presented opinions.

Go out back and beat one of your kids with a hose or something, we're all stocked up on your arrogance here.

LOL, this turned into a pissing match.
Thanks for the advice and opinions and even other options I'm looking for a entry to mid level AR since the only long guns I have is a 10/22 and a Mossy 930 hd.
Paper targets, HD if needed
Like to stay under a grand. I was ready to buy in December 2012 but some piece of shit murderer screwed that up. Prices have stabilized so I'm in the market [at least researching right now] again

THANK YOU. Good God, this is ridiculous in here and so far off topic. Good luck to you sir and just buy what feels right in your hands. The great thing about an AR is that you can modify it endlessly if you're unsatisfied with it off the bat.

Last edited:

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
"military contracted" doesn't instantly = quality....

place "A" makes little metal parts.
Steve from "D" asks them to make part "X" and he's willing to spend $9 each on them.
John from "T" wants the same part but is only willing to spend $3 each.

who will get better parts?

Military gear worked just fine for me in firefights.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member

You're just upset I proved a good rifle can be built for under $700. Would I own said rifle? Not unless I had a small budget. You act like building an AR and getting it to work with decent parts is something like deciphering the Rosetta Stone when it's not. Maybe I just have a higher aptitude than others but I found it incredibly easy.

All it really requires is installing a few detents, couple nuts/screws, and paying attention to what spring goes where. Every man should have a punch set and hammer already so all you really need is the multiwrench. The vise block is good but not necessary. I build mine different though. Instead of using a punch to install roll pins I press them in with taped pliers. Easier and saves your lower from scratching.

I have around 1,000 rounds through my recent AR build with a PSA parts kit, and the only issues I've had are Troy Battlemags won't feed my hand loaded 62 grain BTHP rounds. Pmags do it perfectly.

Last edited:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
Dude you are being a complete asshole. Relax, does your life suck that much that you have to e-battle with someone on SVTP just to avoid taking an interest in the sad, lonely existence that is your reality? If you tried to talk to these guys and especially me in person like this, you'd spend an awful lot of time on the ground.

Let it go, YOU HAVE NO VALID POINT TO PROVE. You may believe that you are the end-all in every gun discussion that arises here but your attitude and pompous demeanor just make you look like an ass.

IT IS A MATTER OF OPINION. You can swing from the nuts of certain manufacturers all you want but it doesn't change the fact that folks will end up purchasing what they want, not even remotely based on your EXTREMELY biased and poorly presented opinions.

Go out back and beat one of your kids with a hose or something, we're all stocked up on your arrogance here.

I'm sorry that I know more about firearms than you and pretty much everybody else here with a few exceptions. Owning a few crappy guns doesn't make anybody an expert even though some think it do. When professional shooters, LEO's, and military operators seek your advice on firearms I may pay you some mind. My opinions are generated based upon fact and EXPERIENCE, not a biased opinion because that's what I bought. I've owned hundreds of guns that I sold because they were pieces of crap.

You still haven't answered my question about your credentials and how you know what mine are...

When you're experience is treated as expertise, get back to me.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
You're just upset I proved a good rifle can be built for under $700.

No, you proved you can build a rifle for that, not a good rifle. If you don't give a crap about quality you can build an AR for $500 but it's still going to be a POS that's not worth owning, not a GOOD, QUALITY, or RELIABLE rifle. You're playing the word game once again, it started as quality, then was reliable, and now it's good. It seems like slowly but surely you're realizing what a POS a $700 pieced together AR is.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
What you keep failing to realize is that when you buy a bunch of different parts, or one brand of parts that gets all there parts from several different manufacturers, stuff isn't going to work as it should. Joe blow doesn't came up a company and say "make me lowers with my name on them" he has to make a design which is typically very crude and submit it.

When you buy a rifle or parts from a company like CMT/STAG or LMT who makes every last part in house, they have a team of engineers who designing everything. Every last part is going to be the perfect spec to work with one another. It's not hard to comprehend why this is best and why this leads to a quality, reliable rifle. It's also not hard to comprehend why rifles cobbled together from different spec parts typically aren't quality or reliable.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
So everyone that builds their own AR has spec issues?

Plus quality manufacturers like Colt and Daniel Defense's LPKs are not built in house.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
I would no longer call colt quality, they're quality has slipped but that's beside the point.

Major manufacturers like colt and DD also have engineering teams that design everything. It's not a joe blow in his garage like smaller operations. There's a big difference.

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I would no longer call colt quality, they're quality has slipped but that's beside the point.

Major manufacturers like colt and DD also have engineering teams that design everything. It's not a joe blow in his garage like smaller operations. There's a big difference.

Lol we're done.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Dude calm down lmao. For a $680 gun, its a pretty good deal. Is an M&P for $1200 better, absolutely. I highly doubt anyone is going to find themselves in a combat situation involving their AR rifles in America. For the money and the occasional shooter, it is fine.

For someone like you who sound like you demand perfection out of every firearm you have, then no, it probably wouldn't work for you. You have much higher standard for your weapons and probably deeper pockets as well.

Send me the link to your 5.56 M&P for $655, if that is so, then I would buy that instead.

I didn't catch that he was upset, he was trying to give a detailed (and seems like educated) opinion. Exactly the kind of posters one would want on a forum. :dw:

Users who are viewing this thread