Windham Weaponry AR15's

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I would no longer call colt quality
Now this is good entertainment. Run hemihunter!!!:lol:

Oh let me list my credentials so i dont upset anyone. I regurgitate what i read on ar15.com forums and youtube videos. i do own a daniel defense m4 i had custom built by DD's build a gun over a year ago. I cant tell why the fancy upgrades i had installed actually do. Thank fully while building it online, they gave a brief description. I can assure you any upgrade i chose wasnt needed. I got them because i could. I'm too lazy to research that stuff and honestly didnt care. I just like going on my property and shoot targets and hear it go bang with crap steel ammo. My buddy's m&p 15 and colt does an equally good job. I will have to go tell them to sell their rifles since they arent quality rifles.

You may laugh at that, but that's the truth. With that said hemihunter, you may want to ignore my ignorant suggestion about getting the < $700 m&p 15 sir after my above credentials. Good luck with your choice.

Last edited:

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
it's none of my business what guns you fellas buy, build, own and shoot. all i can do is make an honest attempt to impart my knowledge and experience on the subject we're discussing.

what you choose to do with the information i offer is up to you. believe me or don't, i'm not going to loose any sleep over it. the rifles and components that many of us KNOW to be sub-par aren't that way because we say so but because they actually ARE lower quality.

since the odds of you needing to dust a tweaker in your hall at 03:00 are very low, the quality of your rifle will only be measured in fun at the range. good luck, have fun.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
Time for an update.
After researching enough AR's to take over a third world country I went with the M+P Sport. I got it at Gander [ ironically not my favorite place ] for $699 plus 4 free 30 rd. mags.

Just got back from the range after putting 300 through it[ generic 5.56 range ammo] and it ran flawlessly.
I'm not worried about using it for HD I have enough handguns for that. This fills a void in my long gun 'category' since like I said before I needed a center fire rifle to take care of that need and for a starter/ basic/plinking/ Zombie Apocalypse AR it fits the bill for me.
I'll leave it pretty much stock except a descent red dot and some magpul stuff up front.
Thanks for the help/advice/ opinions all are appreciated.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Time for an update.
After researching enough AR's to take over a third world country I went with the M+P Sport. I got it at Gander [ ironically not my favorite place ] for $699 plus 4 free 30 rd. mags.

Just got back from the range after putting 300 through it[ generic 5.56 range ammo] and it ran flawlessly.
I'm not worried about using it for HD I have enough handguns for that. This fills a void in my long gun 'category' since like I said before I needed a center fire rifle to take care of that need and for a starter/ basic/plinking/ Zombie Apocalypse AR it fits the bill for me.
I'll leave it pretty much stock except a descent red dot and some magpul stuff up front.
Thanks for the help/advice/ opinions all are appreciated.

Glad we could help.

I wouldn't be hung up on getting a red dot. I really like the 1-4X power scopes that Nikon and Bushnell make. They give you a few more options while shooting.

Granted it isn't tacticool but it is much more practical

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
I have heard good things about them...but I have no personal experience.

If you are looking for a cheap SHTF gun, you should just buy the S&W MP15. Otherwise, build your own, and get an upper from Palmettostate Armory.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
OP - Glad you got something you are happy with. For the budget you had in mind the S&W is a better choice than the Windham.

I have to say that reading these gun threads on SVTPerformance is always amusing. So many opinions and haters.

There are very few on this forum that I feel are actually very knowledgeable about firearms. Redneckbmxer24 is one who knows what he is talking about. Sure he has strong opinions that you may not agree with, but Cory is more knowledgeable than most.

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
I'm sorry that I know more about firearms than you and pretty much everybody else here with a few exceptions. Owning a few crappy guns doesn't make anybody an expert even though some think it do. When professional shooters, LEO's, and military operators seek your advice on firearms I may pay you some mind. My opinions are generated based upon fact and EXPERIENCE, not a biased opinion because that's what I bought. I've owned hundreds of guns that I sold because they were pieces of crap.

You still haven't answered my question about your credentials and how you know what mine are...

When you're experience is treated as expertise, get back to me.

Just curious, what operators seek your advice?

And +1 on the Stag rifles, I have a 2T at home thats been an extremely good and accurate rifle with no failures to speak of after a good few thousand rounds of firing/drills.

Users who are viewing this thread