You have twenty thousand dollars...

Peasey

Established Member
a mid-60's Ford truck with late model Mustang drivetrain. For $20k it wouldn't be pretty, but it would be a lot of fun to drive. 001.jpg

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
Let me throw a curve ball at you. SR20DET in a Datsun 510. 6 speed trans, turbo 4 cylinder, lightweight and independent rear.

Beat me to it. Guy that sets up my racecar races a 510....those things are great. If I get rid of the CMC car, I'd like to build a track prepped 510...not sure if I'd stick with a semi- race L16 or L18 with Mikunis or swap to the SR20DET

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
New Edge V6/roller/whatever with a clean body. Strip, cage, race seats, Griggs setup, forged 4.6, used blower setup, wide wheels, built 8.8. Have fun, hurt feelings.

SVTPete83

Established Member
94 v6 with a coyote swap and Griggs suspension. Figure 500 for a v6 stang with a blown motor, 10k for coyote swap, the rest for suspension and some wheels and tires.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Without a doubt a Miata the early generation (na), put a 1.8L in it and a small quick spooling turbo. Gut it, cage it, suspension it, with some lightweight 14" wheels and sticky tires and it'd be ready. Then deposit the remaining 7-8k dollars and go rape and pillage with it. Miata is always the answer for a reason, for those who have never got to own one or drive one, you need to. They are incredible cars!

shurur

Established Member
Without a doubt a Miata the early generation (na), put a 1.8L in it and a small quick spooling turbo. Gut it, cage it, suspension it, with some lightweight 14" wheels and sticky tires and it'd be ready. Then deposit the remaining 7-8k dollars and go rape and pillage with it. Miata is always the answer for a reason, for those who have never got to own one or drive one, you need to. They are incredible cars!

Some of us can't fit in the miatas....lsx in a 944.....or ff cobra coupe...>$20k

Last edited:

Sladester2

Established Member
If i was to get a mustang, a fox. If a ls, an fbody. All about the strip. Plus, 20k isnt enough to buy then build a terminator like I'd like.. can have a much faster foxbody or f body for the price

Users who are viewing this thread