Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Pancakes & Twin Turbo

uh62347,1272979669,trollface.png

Last edited:

Deranged2013

Established Member
Paxton or tvs, go all I need is one word response

Let me make it more confusing. I'm having the same delema. I'm down to Vmp Tvs, Paxton, and JPC's single turbo kit. Everyday I do more research and keep changing my mind. Best bang for the buck, Paxton! Sorry but I can not help you. I can't decide either.

scott_0

Established Member
TVS all day, no waiting for boost

D.T.R

Established Member
if i had to go S/C, i would go twin screwed.. and work on traction in order to be able to take advantage of the instant power.
The lack of torque on the centris would really annoy me. Not to mention that any other power adder car with similar or slightly less WHP as a centri car will most likely win a race if it was to happen.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Let me make it more confusing. I'm having the same delema. I'm down to Vmp Tvs, Paxton, and JPC's single turbo kit. Everyday I do more research and keep changing my mind. Best bang for the buck, Paxton! Sorry but I can not help you. I can't decide either.

If you want to go for a ride in a paxton 5.0, i'm in Virginia Beach, va. We could meet up, hell there is a 2011 5XR in my local mustang club, still has stock tune, but it moves pretty good too, If you came here I bet she would take you for a ride in it as well.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I say paxton, but any FI kit on a 5.0 is going to be sweet. I just picked up the jpc return fuel system and 3.6" pulley from beefcake. I will be running e85 after install.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
This topic is beat to death. If you buy a paxton its because you cant afford a tvs and you will be disappointed with the power. Paxtons are ugly too, tvs looks like it belongs under the hood.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
100% true that this has been beaten to death, you will be happy with which ever you choice, I like the paxton under the hood, and with tial bov upgrade it sounds like a jet when the bov opens up.

Deranged2013

Established Member
If you want to go for a ride in a paxton 5.0, i'm in Virginia Beach, va. We could meet up, hell there is a 2011 5XR in my local mustang club, still has stock tune, but it moves pretty good too, If you came here I bet she would take you for a ride in it as well.

The wife and I do take weekend trips to va beach. I will take you up on that offer next time we head that way. Maybe around the end of Sept. Birthday trip. Thanks!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Both kits a great. Both will give you a ton of power. My vote is Paxton and save a couple grand. But if budget is not an option, then I say whipple since EVERYONE goes with the TVS. Whipple just to be a little bit different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread