03 Cobra vs M6

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
I have to ask, how many BMW's have YOU owned!

None.

How many M6's not in M mode have you beaten by couple cars in a roll race while driving an '03 Cobra?

Just one for me, so far.

9746C

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
"In my rear view I see a late-model, dark colored BMW coming up kinda quick. He gets right behind me for a few seconds, backs off, changes lanes to get on my left, accellerates like he's going to pass but instead matches my speed"

"....see a well-dressed dude motioning something, and I figured he wanted to run. So at about 70mph I went to third and waited for him. His car jerked forward a little, then hesitated, and a moment later I hit hit. He hit it about the same time..."

"I could see him in both mirrors, looked down I saw I was doing about 100mph and braked sharply..."

"He appeared to back off it once I started braking and then he passed me. I returned to cruising at 75mph and he kept cruising way ahead of me."

Hmm, so if he wasn't racing, just cruising at 70mph, how did he get way ahead of me if I never went slower than 70mph and in fact went to 100mph or so?

I know! Because he was trying to keep up with me and couldn't, then passed me after I shut it down. He didn't even try it again.

You bmw guys are like in that movie liar liar, "the.....pencil...is....blue....!"

9746C

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
9746Cobra said:
I'm understanding what "BMW people" are like. :nonono:

9746C

its not like us "mustang people" dont have a reputation out there in car world either. :fart:

460hp to the crank seem kinda high for your mods. did you put it on a dynojet? not flaming you but just seems high to me from what ive seen on dyno days.

what does CPIE mean? chipped/pullied/intake/exhaust?

i saw someone mentioned that 4.10s can be tough to drive. can someone expand on that a little? im just curious cuz i have 4.10s and wonder what the difference is..

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
svt4stv said:
its not like us "mustang people" dont have a reputation out there in car world either. :fart:

460hp to the crank seem kinda high for your mods. did you put it on a dynojet? not flaming you but just seems high to me from what ive seen on dyno days.

Thats true Mustang guys have a rep too.

Never been on a dyno. 400rwhp is common for intake and catback cobras. Cars vary of course. Add 15% for drivetrain loss and you get 460hp at the crank.

9746C

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
svt4stv said:

what does CPIE mean? chipped/pullied/intake/exhaust?

i saw someone mentioned that 4.10s can be tough to drive. can someone expand on that a little? im just curious cuz i have 4.10s and wonder what the difference is..

CPIE - you got it.

Depending on your level of mods, 4:10s can be a handfull to launch on the street. If you are under 500 WHP or so w\ drag radials, its probably ok.

Most will agree that 4:10s are a bit much beyond that power level. The car makes enough torque to pull a taller gear. There are people with 4.10s with over 600 WHP and like it. I don't see that being alot of fun personally, but I'm not really a drag guy.

Last edited:

Beetle6986

Established Member
svt4stv said:
460hp to the crank seem kinda high for your mods.

Where have you been? Cobras generally have around 420 to the crank STOCK. Most will dyno over 400 RWHP (over 460 crank HP) with just intake and exhaust.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Beetle6986 said:
Where have you been? Cobras generally have around 420 to the crank STOCK. Most will dyno over 400 RWHP (over 460 crank HP) with just intake and exhaust.

He doesn't have full exhaust, only mid-pipes and an intake.

Beetle6986

Established Member
TacticalKaos said:
He doesn't have full exhaust, only mid-pipes and an intake.

The numbers I quoted don't require a full exhaust. I put down 435 to the wheels with only a CAI and catback. Another Cobra got 415 to the wheels with the same mods just before I had my run.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
Beetle6986 said:
The numbers I quoted don't require a full exhaust. I put down 435 to the wheels with only a CAI and catback. Another Cobra got 415 to the wheels with the same mods just before I had my run.

OK

C6 Z06

Established Member
I don't have anything against Porshe, they make some good sports cars, Mercedes is good, (though they have some electical issues too) the AMG"s kick ass, Audi makes average quality touring cars.

But BMW sux.

9746C

Here is what I don't understand 9746. Nothing to do with your race, but you first claim that BMW sucks and I asked how many have you owned. As a matter of I have owned many, and the quality and dependability is far better than all the other high and low dollar cars I have owned. This also includes my C6 Z. As much as I love the Z, the BMW is built better. Now read part of your next post below...................

I didn't know anything about the M6 until I beat this one and then read up on it. I had nothing against BMW's or it's fans. But seeing the behavior here I'm understanding what "BMW people" are like.

9746C

Now you know nothing about BMW and have nothing against them (see your first statement above). Now it's the BMW owners also know as "BMW people". Hopefully you can see when you contradict yourself with two different posts in your own thread, it also makes it hard to "swallow" the orginal post to start with. Don't hate what you don't know or don't own, that tends to belittle a person, yourself.

I own and have owned many high dollar cars, and yet I don't look down on an owner or car of lesser value. I like all cars, no matter the make or model, especially a fast one. I don't think you have seen the full potential of the new M5 or M6. Very fast cars and I know because I have raced both in my C6 Z . Good kill anyway, anything can happen on the street!!:beer:

C6 Z06

Established Member
SCM3 said:
Haha what a puts...A C5 beating a C6..haha, that C5 better be forced fed.
Is your ZO6 stock or do u have some mods? I went to the dealership the other day to go look at a C6Z. I still would love to get a video race against a C6Z but of course the Z would have to be stock. How do u like your car so far?

SCM3, believe it or not the C5 Z was stock.Hey, but he did beat me on the keyboard!!:-D My C6 Z is modded with just bolt-ons and has 520 RWHP, but I;m looking at doing a cam in it now. The car is great when it comes to fun factor, but it still was built by GM! :eek: I just sold one of my C6's (had 3) and also my 04 M3 vert and thinking about getting a new GT500 and or Viper. Just depends on if I can find a good deal or not. Great looking car you have by the way. :beer:

9746Cobra

spinnin4Vs
Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
Here is what I don't understand 9746... first claim that BMW sucks

Now you know nothing about BMW and have nothing against them (see your first statement above)...

I own and have owned many high dollar cars, and yet I don't look down on an owner or car of lesser value. I like all cars, no matter the make or model, especially a fast one. I don't think you have seen the full potential of the new M5 or M6. Very fast cars and I know because I have raced both in my C6 Z . Good kill anyway, anything can happen on the street!!:beer:

You have the chonology mixed up. I said I didn't know anything about the M6 in my first post. I don't know anyone that owns one. I did some net research, learned about them, and even said it was a cool car. The BMW fans assumed I was a BSing bmw hater and got all defensive.

So even though I wasn't, if people want to label me a bmw fan hater no matter what I say, I might as well have fun and become one.

Okay, I'd like to see this thread go away too!:beer:

SCM3

Established Member
C6 Z06 said:
SCM3, believe it or not the C5 Z was stock.Hey, but he did beat me on the keyboard!!:-D My C6 Z is modded with just bolt-ons and has 520 RWHP, but I;m looking at doing a cam in it now. The car is great when it comes to fun factor, but it still was built by GM! :eek: I just sold one of my C6's (had 3) and also my 04 M3 vert and thinking about getting a new GT500 and or Viper. Just depends on if I can find a good deal or not. Great looking car you have by the way. :beer:

Thank you but i much rather have your line-up... I would get a viper..I think most ford's are garbage. I know im on a ford website..but hey the only svt i like is the 03-04 cobra, bulletproof bottom end, and very cheap/easy to mod. I think the GT500 is a pig, its slow and a waste of money. But u already have a modded C6Z, so theres your speed. You should get a luxury cruiser like the new E63AMG..or M5.

SCM3

Established Member
9746Cobra said:
You have the chonology mixed up. I said I didn't know anything about the M6 in my first post. I don't know anyone that owns one. I did some net research, learned about them, and even said it was a cool car. The BMW fans assumed I was a BSing bmw hater and got all defensive.

So even though I wasn't, if people want to label me a bmw fan hater no matter what I say, I might as well have fun and become one.

I am the only BMW owner that has posted i believe..And im not hating, i just said BS. I would walk like there is no tomorrow and i couldn't even do that to an M6 in P400 mode. I dont even think i could put 3 cars on you in 30mph.
Not trying to be a dck im just saying there is an outlying factor that caused this to happen.

C6 Z06

Established Member
9746Cobra said:

It's all good man. We are all here for the same reason, cars and going fast. :beer:

C6 Z06

Established Member
SCM3 said:
Thank you but i much rather have your line-up... I would get a viper..I think most ford's are garbage. I know im on a ford website..but hey the only svt i like is the 03-04 cobra, bulletproof bottom end, and very cheap/easy to mod. I think the GT500 is a pig, its slow and a waste of money. But u already have a modded C6Z, so theres your speed. You should get a luxury cruiser like the new E63AMG..or M5.

SC, I agree the GT500 is way too heavy, but I like the look of it and it's cheap to mod unlike the vettes or the BMW's. I have found new Vipers over 10k below sticker, but with a new higher HP model coming I may wait to check that out. I do like the M5 and my wife said go for that (for her of course) and I saw an M7 the other day. Sad, but I did not even know they made an M7! Big heavy car! Amg = sweet and big $ also.

Beetle6986

Established Member
SCM3 said:

I don't know that anybody here values your opinion on FORD. After all, I'm sure you've driven plenty of Ford GTs and Vipers before you came up with the opinion that Ford was garbage and the Dodge wasn't. Sounds like you're in the typical defense mod - you made fun of my car, so I'll make fun or yours. :bash:

SCM3

Established Member
Beetle6986 said:
I don't know that anybody here values your opinion on FORD. After all, I'm sure you've driven plenty of Ford GTs and Vipers before you came up with the opinion that Ford was garbage and the Dodge wasn't. Sounds like you're in the typical defense mod - you made fun of my car, so I'll make fun or yours. :bash:

I have driven a Ford GT before...waste of money and slow for the price. I dont think all Ford models are garbage..just some. Just like i think the e90 Bmw's are garbage. Some years are good some are bad, its a subjective of course. Defense about what? I could buy a ford GT if i wanted too, i am just not that stupid to spend that type of money on an American car, when i could get a 997Turbo or a 360Ferrari, for the same price or less.

Users who are viewing this thread