08 GT500 vs 11 5.0. Is this normal?

blackvette101

Established Member
Hey everybody I'd like your opinion on if this race i had today was a predictable outcome. I own a 2008 GT500 (non shaker1000) that is completely stock except for a K&N air filter. My brother owns a red 2011 5.0 California special manual (with shaker1000) it has the ford racing procal tune with the K&N air filter.

We got a chance to go at it today. our first run was a 1st gear. I ended up spinning first and second (stock bald tires) so he was able to put like 3-4 cars on me. Our second run was a second gear pull in which i pull about a door on him instantly and then i was barely inching away on him and i mean litterally inching he fought me for every inch and i was about 1/2 a car ahead by 120+ is this what should have happened?

in case anybody was wondering if its the driver i taught him how to drive and he is good but definately not better.

Spd2Stang

I just WOT in my pants
Established Member
about right, 5.0's are not the cream of the crop over a f/i car but they hold their own with just a tune and bolt ons.

if he adds some exhaust and intake you may be the one fighting for those inches.

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
stock 08 GT500 440rwhp 3900lbs (stock suspension and tires :( )
tuned 2011 5.0 GT probably around 390rwhp 3600lbs (grippier tires and better suspension)

sounds right to me.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
just as others have said... it sounds about right. Get some sticky tires, some LCA's to control the wheel hop, and the pulley/cai/tune from justin at VMP. A whole different ball game!

blackvette101

Established Member
lol ok thanks guys just making sure something wasn't wrong with my car. And yeah im just going with a whipple 4.0 because his 5.0 is a daily driver he is building a gen 1 viper. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread