1000HP CPR Single Aluminator

Bud

Established Member
Man, sorry to hear about the hurt motor. On the upside the car is in one piece (didn't drive over your own oil/coolant) and end up hurting the car. Hopefully you figure something out about the motor, has to suck to get all ready and have that happen first track day out.

stretchb

Established Member
I really want to send the motor back to ford but id like to know what they found out with yours or did for you 1st. I also dont want to wait forever while they take their time. Its a shitty situation..

mine was supposed to be there today ? has taken almost 2 weeks just to get there.

should be covered under the 24month 24,000 mile warranty ?

Deespeed99

Established Member
mine was supposed to be there today ? has taken almost 2 weeks just to get there.

should be covered under the 24month 24,000 mile warranty ?

Keep me in the loop. Im going to sit on it this weekend and think about it.

Man, sorry to hear about the hurt motor. On the upside the car is in one piece (didn't drive over your own oil/coolant) and end up hurting the car. Hopefully you figure something out about the motor, has to suck to get all ready and have that happen first track day out.

I agree. Hopefully its nothing too too serious or my credit card is about to be used again lol.

SignalZero

Eat mor Chikin
Established Member
:rockon: 151 is making some serious steam! It will be a little bit before I swap the auto in but I can't wait for the kit.

Hope they get you taken care of on the motor... Glad to hear your happy with the results so far (with the exception of the motor)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Unfortunately could only get 2 clean passes in. 1st hit off the trailer was 151 at 13lbs (12.7 exact). The last pass we think the oil pump gears failed or something went wrong with the motor. It still went 150 but it had got hurt at the 1000' mark. Im really really curious now if mine has billet gears in it. I honestly am really upset because i feel like im the 3rd or 4th person to have issues with this aluminator crap. I know its circumstance but still. Either way dustins kit is a serious monster i did not expect the initial pass to be what it was. Adam @ Rev auto is a hell of s tuner also.

I dont care if you're a paid vendor or not you acting like an a$$ 24/7 is quite annoying. I havent made a pass in a car for almost 1.5 years (last pass was on my turbo hayabusa in 2012) the car was setup with a boost leash a week ago with CO2 instead of the eboost i had on it. We had it on the dyno last night and it made 757 sae @ 13lbs on wastegate in 3rd with the converter unlocked just to see if the controller was working and no leaks or issues. Litterally we got there unloaded the car (no ice in the tank yet) pull up to the line CO2 still off and i footbrake leaving at 2000-2100 rpm. The car ran 118mph in the 8th and 10.23 @ 151. Checked the log on the leash and it made exactly 12.7lbs on that pass. One i was extremely happy the car went straight, no issues and made the pass. Two i wanted to be comfortable on my 1st pass in almost 2 years so im not trying to set the world on fire.

The next couple of passes we just used to dial in the shift points so they werent anything special. The last pass it did go 10.00 at 150 but as i explained earlier i think something is messed up. At the end of the day what the car did blew my mind for the boost levels. When i get it fixed ill be out again, things break its part of racing.

I am not sure what you are talking about, someone asked about track results from today. I posted up what I heard track results were. 10.0 at 151.

It appears what I posted was correct. I didn't say anything derogatory, or negative about the passes.

I even said once you get the car sorted out, that the cars mph is good for about 9.10s.

It sometimes takes a bit for things to get dialed in. There isn't anything wrong with the times, it's a new combo for you.

Sorry about the issues you had, but relax a little. We've all been there pushing them this hard.

poof100

Established Member
I really want to send the motor back to ford but id like to know what they found out with yours or did for you 1st. I also dont want to wait forever while they take their time. Its a shitty situation..

Sorry to hear about the issues with the motor. Looks like it made some good power with the mph.

What makes you guys think the oil pump gears went? Do you have an Oil pressure gauge in the car? Keep us posted on what you guys find out. Any issues with valve float maybe?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Sorry to hear about the issues with the motor. Looks like it made some good power with the mph.

What makes you guys think the oil pump gears went? Do you have an Oil pressure gauge in the car? Keep us posted on what you guys find out. Any issues with valve float maybe?

Probably won't know til they tear the engine down. There are so many factors at that hp level.

Could be the gears, could be the heads, could be the block at the cylinder walls, could be the tune. Lots of factors really. That is a lot of power on a non sleeved / supported block.

Deespeed99

Established Member

At the end of the run the oil light came on but went off. When i got it back to adams it was back on again. They're going to check compression & oil pressure this week.

Probably won't know til they tear the engine down. There are so many factors at that hp level.

Could be the gears, could be the heads, could be the block at the cylinder walls, could be the tune. Lots of factors really. That is a lot of power on a non sleeved / supported block.

Could be the tune? Really? So lunds tune was bad when you blew up your promod block?

It wasnt the tune. The pass was logged and nothing with the "tune" was wrong. AFR's, IAT's, everything was fine. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I do have 2 vids of the passes ill upload later too.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
At the end of the run the oil light came on but went off. When i got it back to adams it was back on again. They're going to check compression & oil pressure this week.

Could be the tune? Really? So lunds tune was bad when you blew up your promod block?

It wasnt the tune. The pass was logged and nothing with the "tune" was wrong. AFR's, IAT's, everything was fine. Thanks for the suggestions though.

I do have 2 vids of the passes ill upload later too.

I don't know why you are trying to start an arguement. I didn't blame the tune. I said, at that HP Level, anything is possible. Tune, Block, the way the block was put together, the oil pump gears, the heads, the way the heads were put together, the fuel.

There are dozens upon dozens of things at 1000-1200 hp that could eat the block up. I'm not singling anything out, i'm not pointing any fingers.

You want to look at everything when you lose an engine, you would be silly not to look at everything when your going to have to shell out big $$ for another engine again. And yes, when my pro mod block went, i looked at the tune, and anything that could have been a factor. At the end of the day, after BES took the engine apart, it was what we thought, the valley cracked due to stress on the block. But we still looked at everything. If you've already reviewed logs, and everything looks good there. You have ruled one thing out already.

When my Original BES Engine went, we did the same thing, looked at all tune logs, looked at all the engine parts, BES disected the engine, and the cylinder simply blew out at the water jacket. Didn't take anything else with it.

Again, relax a little. Get the block apart, find the culprit, and come back stronger next time.

Poppacapp

Established Member
Sorry for the engine troubles OP... imo though, maybe it's just being in a bad mood from the engine.. but I personally didn't see where Beefcake instigated anything. Either way, at those power levels, and racing I would have a spare built motor ready to drop in the car... things are going to happen.

Elwood617

Established Member
Sorry for the engine troubles OP... imo though, maybe it's just being in a bad mood from the engine.. but I personally didn't see where Beefcake instigated anything. Either way, at those power levels, and racing I would have a spare built motor ready to drop in the car... things are going to happen.

+1
Is there more to this story that us outsiders don't know?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Exactly. The mph shows promise for the first time out. That's why I said that. I thought it was a compliment. :shrug:

But, with it being the first time out, you really want to examine everything with the build of the car. It would be irresponsible not to, or you could be in the same boat again. Not just him, but anyone doing a build like this.

Step one, if your logging, which I would assume they would have been. Would be to review the tune and see if there was anything in the tune.

Look for issues in fueling, timing, etc.. Once that's done, then you start moving on to the hard parts. That should always be the process.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Damn sorry to hear about the engine troubles... That's some badass mph though on only 12.7psi!

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Sorry for the engine troubles OP... imo though, maybe it's just being in a bad mood from the engine.. but I personally didn't see where Beefcake instigated anything.

+2

Op, it sucks to have that happen first time out. Sorry to hear, hopefully its nothing major and you can fix it easily. Good luck!

Last edited:

Vic2186

Established Member
When turbos car work at full potential they are unstoppable in most cases ..but TURBO cars can be a huge pain in the butt ..so many little things to worry about..sometimes I feel unless it comes from the factory turbo I would leave it alone ..Turbo kits are NEVER set it and forget installs to me

Need4Speed03

Established Member
I hope it's crystal clear now Terry why you won't be selling my products.

?? Strange post, I don't think Terry really needs to sell your products? JMO

Alittle mishap with an engine and people go crazy! Lol

OP - Good luck getting it fixed and sorted out, I know great times are in your future!

CPRsm - Good luck selling your products "Exclusively". I guess you believe you have all the goods and everybody wants some.

Users who are viewing this thread