13 GT Paxton Advice

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
After 10 yrs on this forum drooling over all these sick blown cars I can't wait any longer haha. This is a big purchase for me and I have a few questions that I would like to clarify before buying.

My mods are Boss mani, Sct handheld, O/R x, and Gt500 mufflers on a 13 GT 6 Speed. I will be running whatever remote tune comes with the kit.

Are these kits coming out to 5500-6k for you guys? My budget is pretty tight since I am also ring shopping. For some reason I thought I was looking at under 4500 bucks with injectors and bap but I may be wrong. Also are the clamps in the kit that bad that I need to order a T bolt kit?

My plan so far is to buy the Paxton with ID 1000's a BAP(not sure which), T bolts,and Boss mani adapter. Might shell out for the black or chrome finish as well.

Down the road I would like to add a Tial Bov, AED tune and new fuel system if I don't already have it. Hopefully enough to make 650+.

I've spoken to a few vendors but would like some unbiased info as well.

Thanks!

Last edited:

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
I paid over 5500 but I also got jlt and roush bap and tq booster. If you plan to get a fuel system down the road just stick to the cheap bap. No reason to spend extra for something you plan to get rid of. Also I have the regular worm gear clamps and have not had a single problem. Im running 11lbs so I wouldn't worry about buying the tbolts if your trying to save some cash. You can prolly find a tuner kit for around 4700 but then you gotta pay 4-500 on a tune so its gonna be about the same price.

PC03GT

Established Member
If you order through a vendor like beefcake you'll get a kit a lot cheaper then ordering from american muscle.

PC03GT

Established Member
After 10 yrs on this forum drooling over all these sick blown cars I can't wait any longer haha. This is a big purchase for me and I have a few questions that I would like to clarify before buying.

My mods are Boss mani, Sct handheld, O/R x, and Gt500 mufflers on a 13 GT 6 Speed. I will be running whatever remote tune comes with the kit.

Are these kits coming out to 5500-6k for you guys? My budget is pretty tight since I am also ring shopping. For some reason I thought I was looking at under 4500 bucks with injectors and bap but I may be wrong. Also are the clamps in the kit that bad that I need to order a T bolt kit?

My plan so far is to buy the Paxton with ID 1000's a BAP(not sure which), T bolts,and Boss mani adapter. Might shell out for the black or chrome finish as well.

Down the road I would like to add a Tial Bov, AED tune and new fuel system if I don't already have it. Hopefully enough to make 650+.

I've spoken to a few vendors but would like some unbiased info as well.

Thanks!

I bought a base vortech kit which is pretty much the same as a paxton kit for 3900. With 47lb injectors (which is too small) it was 4200. Ended up doing bap and id 1000s.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
With the id1000's, a BAP, the sheet metal coolant tank(NEEDED), and tune your looking at right around $5500-$6000. You might as well get a custom tune while your at it. Also if you want a Black Paxton you have to paint it yourself(its not hard).

D98GT

Established Member
Factor in roughly 1000 for the items needed (ID1000s and a BAP) for the tuner kit. You already have the SCT so you can get it tuned using that

Mikegee1028

Established Member
Just bought mine last week from JPC, they run a very similar add as beefcake. speak to both vendors and see which one suits you best. I bought mine from Aaron@jpc and hes been very helpful with the purchase.

The tuner kit with them was 4963 with id1000's

I ended up adding stuff that i deemed necessary, now you dont NEED to run these items but I wouldn't recommend running without them as you will run into problems down the road most likely..

JPC is running and ad where you can the Tbolts for free if you buy the BOV, from what ive researched your better off installing the BOV at the point of install

Heres a link: JPC Paxton/Vortech Tial Q 50mm Race Blow Off Valve w/ FREE T-BOLTS - Justin's Performance Center

I also bought the canton Coolant tank because the one that comes with the kit is garbage and WILL LEAK.

Canton Mustang Aluminum Expansion Tank for Vortech/Paxton Superchargers 80-239 (05-09 GT) - Free Shipping

you can get the JPC one if you'd like which is not that expensive when you buy it with the kit, i was trying to save whatever i can and i wanted to powder coat it Gotta have it green anyways so the JPC one i didn't get. Notice it says 05-09 GT but it does bolt on to our coyote as well.

as far as the tune is concerned if you cant find a good local tuner to dyno tune your car then give shaun @ AED a call..

overall you should be spending about close to 5500 in parts.

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
Awesome reply thanks.

Was the 4963 with the bap? If so that's a sweet deal.

Just bought mine last week from JPC, they run a very similar add as beefcake. speak to both vendors and see which one suits you best. I bought mine from Aaron@jpc and hes been very helpful with the purchase.

I ended up adding stuff that i deemed necessary, now you dont NEED to run these items but I wouldn't recommend running without them as you will run into problems down the road most likely..

JPC is running and ad where you can the Tbolts for free if you buy the BOV, from what ive researched your better off installing the BOV at the point of install

Heres a link: JPC Paxton/Vortech Tial Q 50mm Race Blow Off Valve w/ FREE T-BOLTS - Justin's Performance Center

I also bought the canton Coolant tank because the one that comes with the kit is garbage and WILL LEAK.

Canton Mustang Aluminum Expansion Tank for Vortech/Paxton Superchargers 80-239 (05-09 GT) - Free Shipping

you can get the JPC one if you'd like which is not that expensive when you buy it with the kit, i was trying to save whatever i can and i wanted to powder coat it Gotta have it green anyways so the JPC one i didn't get. Notice it says 05-09 GT but it does bolt on to our coyote as well.

as far as the tune is concerned if you cant find a good local tuner to dyno tune your car then give shaun @ AED a call..

nsty4vlve

Got Boost?
Established Member
My coolant tank does not leak at all. Do I wanna upgrade yes but I do not feel it is necessary. Now I do agree with the bov its way easier to install if you do all at once and if it has free tbolts then I would go that route.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
our prices are lower than jpc's, all you have to do is call.

in addition we have satin and polished kits in stock, so no 2-4 week wait.

In addition, our T bolt kit is made with higher quality clamps, and the proper sizing.

the Paxton kit comes with 4 sizes of clamps, the vortech comes with 5. we offer t bolt kits for both of these.

the JPC kit comes with only 3 sizes of clamps.

Give us a shout, we can walk you through whatever you need. We were running these specials for 2 years before everyone began copying our packages.

Lowest price, best quality, and best of all, in stock! :)

We can also set you up with a Lund custom tune if you like, or if you have a tuner that you prefer, that's fine as well. With more of these tuned than anyone out there, we have gotten pretty good at these though.

don't get me wrong, jpc are a great bunch of guys, but we are the #1 WD dealer in the world for a reason!!!!! :)

Beef
513-478-1965

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
our prices are lower than jpc's, all you have to do is call.

don't get me wrong, jpc are a great bunch of guys, but we are the #1 WD dealer in the world for a reason!!!!! :)

Beef
513-478-1965

Thats a nice sales pitch

We are cheaper text me.... :dw:

Eric@jpc

Established Member

Thanks for the kind words. We really do try and take care of you guys to the best of our ability.

IF there is anything we can do for you in the future be sure to call.

Thanks man!! :thumbsup:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Fulanito I can tell you from experience thst hounding need the t bolt clamps even with a smaller pulley. I never had an issue. I did however get tbolts when I ran over a curve and busted a pipe and needed new clamps. Also like others have said get I'd1000 and a bap.

Users who are viewing this thread