'13 GT500 parts that will retrofit to any '07-'12...

blackshelby

It's what we've been talking about.

I still haven't been able to verify if the pinion flange was changed to accomodate the cf shaft in any way...

The flange on the 13 should/will have a CV joint on it(same style flange as on the rear.)
The picture of the flange above on the13 was at a car show(looks like the 12 flange probably a pre production model)
Looking at the 13 driveshaft it does have a CV joint on the front and back of it. 2 cv joints
The 13 trans flange should be a direct swap on pre 13 cars. (super simple change)
So anyone looking to put the driveshaft in will need to buy the flange and the driveshaft.
I was told by a ford guy (I can't verfiy 100 percent but the source has never steered me wrong so far)

Last edited:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Well, the spindles haven't changed nor have the hubs (from what I can tell). If that's the case, the larger rotors should slip on and the new calipers should bolt right up as well. I'm not sure about the brake lines or how well proportioned they'd be balance wise when the rears (new larger rotors or not) are taken into consideration.

69Mach1351w

Established Member
Slow but exciting to follow this thread. I'm interested in brake upgrade, perhaps grill upgrade, others as well...

ToB, as usually great job keeping us informed and on track.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Man those '13 lights won't even be close without a new bumper -- saw a couple of pics today on Ebay

taillightgap2.jpg

talilightgap.jpg

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I hope that the OEM TVS is priced correctly. $2100 list, what could we get it for through Tousley?

The 2007-2012 blower is the 2100 one (it says 5.4 in the description). The 5.8 unit says "Please Call".

As I said many months ago, the price drop on the current TVS blowers is due to the larger amount ordered for the 2013 cars. Ford parts is not going to under cut FRPP prices.

cjackson

Banned
This may be a stupid question to ask but does anyone know if the hood and hood vent for the 12 and 13 shelby are the same? I got a carbon fiber heat extractor I want to transfer over to my 13 and wondering if those are the exact same?

AlanSVT

Established Member
This may be a stupid question to ask but does anyone know if the hood and hood vent for the 12 and 13 shelby are the same? I got a carbon fiber heat extractor I want to transfer over to my 13 and wondering if those are the exact same?

I don't see why not. Same hood.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I heard the 2013 GT500 Fog Lights use LED bulbs supposedly to match the color temperature of the HIDs (which are now standard on all Mustangs). Has anyone looked into these yet as they look very similar to the previous years?

Ethereal_Zer0

Established Member
Man those '13 lights won't even be close without a new bumper -- saw a couple of pics today on Ebay

This is too bad, I really wanted to do this swap. They look great on the Sterling Grey cars, but that's gonna get expensive if you have to swap the bumper as well. I'll have to add it to my list of things to buy when I've run out of things to buy. :D

89Saleen215

Established Member
Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how to translate the Ford parts schematic numbers into actual part numbers? For example, for both the 2009 & 2013 GT500 front spindle it lists it as #3105, however, I know this isn't a part # you can order from Ford. Any easy way to find this out besides calling a dealer?

Trying to see about upgrading to the new 15" fronts and 14" rears :)

Last edited:

Overboost.

Established Member
Not trying to hijack the thread, but does anyone know how to translate the Ford parts schematic numbers into actual part numbers? For example, for both the 2009 & 2013 GT500 front spindle it lists it as #3105, however, I know this isn't a part # you can order from Ford. Any easy way to find this out besides calling a dealer?

Trying to see about upgrading to the new 15" fronts and 14" rears :)

The Ford Parts site only shows you the middle of the part number. Based on model year, the prefixes are as follows:

2010: AR3Z
2011: BR3Z
2012: CR3Z
2013: DR3Z

Keep in mind the parts may have been introduced at different times, though for 2013 GT500 stuff, it'll all start with DR3Z in the prefix. As for the suffix, that's a good guess most of the time. I've found when trying to find part numbers, I start with "A" or "AA", then try combos of letters from "A" to "CD". I believe these are based on engineering revision number.

Also, I've heard that the rear calipers are the same as before, but mount on a new bracket, which requires pulling the axle to install. The pad is a bit more aggressive, and I've been told can be run on 5.0s as a street/occasional track use pad.

Last edited:

Overboost.

Established Member
Couple of parts I've found for eveyone:

Rear fascia without diffuser: DR3Z-17K835-APTM
License plate surround: DR3Z-17B390-AA ($66.45)
Boss 302 Lower bumper extension: DR3Z-17F828-AA
GT500 Lower bumper extension: DR3Z-17F828-AB

GT500 quad tip exhaust: DR3Z-5230-L and DR3Z-5230-M ($301.75 each)

Users who are viewing this thread