2003 mustang cobra supercharged for sale 13k takes it, 50k miles all stock.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Because
Why not.
it's not about money, I'm fixing it correctly, saving it, and it was extremely cheap. Definitely the cheapest Cobra that's capable of being rebuild in the world. As far as the body itself it's nearly perfect no rust on the body that's structural. It's been in Florida, inland away from the coast.

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Because it’s a 20 year old mustang with a blower, the amount of money / effort, it’s just like ‘why’

- guy that’s owned multiple and built 50+ for customers

If it’s a labor of love, sure, but otherwise yikes lolol itll still be a salvage title

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
It's more,about it being a labor of love.... you will think I'm dumb now buy in another 20 years how many will be left. With a rare car they just get rarer by the day. Every car counts. May be my passion for a particularly rare Japanese Station Wagon (1 of 3000) that makes me say that.
If i said that I scrapped a 1 of 451 Terminator people would be upset. If I save it people say its dumb. This car is seen in such a bad light due to its history including the sale on the forum. I think it should have a small chance of a new lease on life.
And after doing the math. To get this car to solid rolling shell state. Fully safe to drive after a drive train is installed. It's only around 2k more then it would be to just by one. Spending 2k extra to save it sounds amazing.
Screenshot_20220425-213053_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Hey man, if you’re up to the challenge then by all means you’ve got my vote. I’d love to see you start a new thread on the build truthfully. Would for sure love to see how this one goes. Thanks for saving one. I’d rather see one saved, than gutted and turned into a race car.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
It's more,about it being a labor of love.... you will think I'm dumb now buy in another 20 years how many will be left. With a rare car they just get rarer by the day. Every car counts. May be my passion for a particularly rare Japanese Station Wagon (1 of 3000) that makes me say that.
If i said that I scrapped a 1 of 451 Terminator people would be upset. If I save it people say its dumb. This car is seen in such a bad light due to its history including the sale on the forum. I think it should have a small chance of a new lease on life.
And after doing the math. To get this car to solid rolling shell state. Fully safe to drive after a drive train is installed. It's only around 2k more then it would be to just by one. Spending 2k extra to save it sounds amazing.
View attachment 1746705

Just giving you hell bro… if this is what gets you going on the weekend, I say get after it!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

plumbcrazy

Established Member
View attachment 1746705
Yeah, I don’t think there are really any true haters out here but not everyone sees things through the lens you are looking at. Personally, there’s not enough time left in my life to do something like that but I give you credit for trying. Probably want to get friendly with a frame guy to at least get it straight. I think it’s the rest of the parts that are gonna kill you because the drive train alone is not going to be cheap. My convertible has a styling bar which I hate and I’m having a hell of a time trying to get the interior quarter panels( without the holes for it) that are nice enough to put on the car. You might consider seeing if you can pick one up that’s been totaled on Copart or something to help you with a lot of that stuff.
And I agree about starting a thread about your build. It would be totally cool to watch the progress. Good luck. That’s a huge mountain to climb but you seem determined to do it. I’m glad you saved one too.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
With a welded/bondo’d frame, 0 matching panels, and salvage title?

Maybe in 100 years.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Lol well, you never know.
They didn’t make that many. How many 1970 Chevelles did they make and now grandma’s six cylinder coupe that’s all rotted out in the farm field is fetching thousands of dollars.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You seem pretty focused on making this project monetarily positive in 20 or more years. If it's truly a labor of love on your part, do it because, well, you just want to. For you own personal reasons. As soon as you start making claims about it being worth big money in 20 years, that all goes out the window because now you're expecting a return on your money. The fact that this one only has a Salvage Certificate and needs a ton of work (man hours and money) means that it might never pay for itself. If you're truly in it as a labor of love, you won't be focusing on, or concerned about, the project not paying for itself in the end.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
There are buyers out there who would pay good money for a car that has been properly repaired. It was built once, and can be built again. If a salvaged car I desired was repaired well, I’d buy it and drive the hell out of it. I’m glad someone is taking such an interest in repairing the car. Things can be fixed, and be just like they were, or close enough. @Terminated_cobra_03 I salute you on this endeavor. I hope you have the stamina to see it though.
The big deal about this IMO is disclosure. Douchebags who claim a car was bumped by a shopping cart and all touched up, when in fact it was hit by a dump truck and burned is what makes salvaged cars taboo.

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
I'm 19, going to college at University of Northwestern Ohio. My roommates are all in on it. We are assembling the dream team to make it happen. Our goal is around 4 to 5 years over time. Try and do little things everyday or two. Get a bolt or 2 off here and there. Save some money for parts over time. Slowly build the engine and transmission. Rome was not built in a day. Tonight I will try and get a new thread started on the rebuild. I have already started doing some small things related to cleaning up the car as it was covered dirt from sitting in central Florida.

plumbcrazy

Established Member
There are buyers out there who would pay good money for a car that has been properly repaired. It was built once, and can be built again. If a salvaged car I desired was repaired well, I’d buy it and drive the hell out of it. I’m glad someone is taking such an interest in repairing the car. Things can be fixed, and be just like they were, or close enough. @Terminated_cobra_03 I salute you on this endeavor. I hope you have the stamina to see it though.
The big deal about this IMO is disclosure. Douchebags who claim a car was bumped by a shopping cart and all touched up, when in fact it was hit by a dump truck and burned is what makes salvaged cars taboo.
Lol, yeah.
This one wasn't owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church on Sundays.

RedfireSVT

Established Member
I'm 19, going to college at University of Northwestern Ohio. My roommates are all in on it. We are assembling the dream team to make it happen. Our goal is around 4 to 5 years over time. Try and do little things everyday or two. Get a bolt or 2 off here and there. Save some money for parts over time. Slowly build the engine and transmission. Rome was not built in a day. Tonight I will try and get a new thread started on the rebuild. I have already started doing some small things related to cleaning up the car as it was covered dirt from sitting in central Florida.
In 4 to 5 years your roommates will all be married and long gone. Roommates in college are good for 1 year.

cj428mach

Established Member
Good luck with the build, if the work is done right it can become a nice car again. I'm not sure how salvage titles will affect value in the future, at some point it doesn't matter. Most older vehicles have been restored at some point. My 69 Mach 1 was in as bad of shape as what you have, now no one cares because it looks like this now unless you're in that top tier level of buyer who wants a survivor.
20220218_191449_(1).jpg

Here's my 64 falcon sprint factory 4 SPD car. The car hit a deer early in it's life and the drivers side fender was replaced with a 65 fender and the chrome holes were welded up and redrilled for 64. The car looks nice and clean and the accident had no affect on its value compared to 95% of cars that have been restored (survivors are a different animal).

received_712957492777583.jpg

Terminated_cobra_03

Established Member
Good luck with the build, if the work is done right it can become a nice car again. I'm not sure how salvage titles will affect value in the future, at some point it doesn't matter. Most older vehicles have been restored at some point. My 69 Mach 1 was in as bad of shape as what you have, now no one cares because it looks like this now unless you're in that top tier level of buyer who wants a survivor.View attachment 1747417

Here's my 64 falcon sprint factory 4 SPD car. The car hit a deer early in it's life and the drivers side fender was replaced with a 65 fender and the chrome holes were welded up and redrilled for 64. The car looks nice and clean and the accident had no affect on its value compared to 95% of cars that have been restored (survivors are a different animal).

View attachment 1747424
Look under terminator talk threads

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck with the build, if the work is done right it can become a nice car again. I'm not sure how salvage titles will affect value in the future, at some point it doesn't matter. Most older vehicles have been restored at some point. My 69 Mach 1 was in as bad of shape as what you have, now no one cares because it looks like this now unless you're in that top tier level of buyer who wants a survivor.View attachment 1747417

View attachment 1747424

Wow I love that Falcon

Users who are viewing this thread