2003 Sonic Blue Cobra with 17k original miles. $18,900

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
IAm not from the states could someone please explain this "SALVAGE TITLE" business to me.

Was the car a write off and then repaired privately
or
was the car a write off and repaired and returned to origianal owner threw insurance

Thx

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
IAm not from the states could someone please explain this "SALVAGE TITLE" business to me.

Was the car a write off and then repaired privately
or
was the car a write off and repaired and returned to origianal owner threw insurance

Thx

can was damaged hard enough that it was determined by the insurance company to SAVAGE it aka write it off and then it was bought and repaired....

OP still cracks me up with his CL add value is $24,000 LOL http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3474854321.html

Last edited:

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
So after it has been repaired it has to pass an inspection to meet all the requierments of a fully repaired car?
Ive worked in body shops that have repaired complete write offs and re-sold again. as long as work is done by a pro the previous damage is not a concern to any buyer.

Mv720..
Are you the first buyer/Registered owner since car has been salvaged.
And if so do you have some paperwork or proof that repairs were done within reg's?

Thx again

Mv720cbm275

Established Member
Since many are curious of the history here is a quick rundown. Ive owned the car when it was a clean title and not wrecked...sold it to a guy from the bay who wrecked it within 2 weeks or so. Transfer of ownership was not completed by him somehow therefore i had a chance of buying it back.

Was going to swap all the parts in a v6 shell but after giving it some thought decided it would be equally worth in value as a salvage cobra after its all said and done so since the damages weren't that bad i decided to have it fixed by a local shop (also wanted to maintain the value of the car as a cobra title as far as the insurance company goes...so that payout will be $24,500 if it gets wrecked/flooded/vandalized). I also had the car listed as is when it was wrecked and had few buyers ready to buy it at $12500 as is but didn't want to sell it after finding out there was a lien that was not cleared off yet (despite having the title). I wanted a honest sell therefore turned down potential buyers.

It took 11 months to get the lien satisfied letter to clear the lien off with dmv...in the mean time i couldn't see the cobra just sit like that so i got it fixed. It HAS cleared all California requirements such as Vin verification, Brake inspection, light inspection, and smog certificate. It has valid plates with tags paid till sep 2013.

For any other details pm me thanks

shauncurt

Established Member
Very very fair deal. Cant believe how people voice there unwanted opinions? Car is in Cal rite now? Thanks

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I c. Thx for clearing the air, the process sounds very much the same as up here.
Will be keeping this car on my radar

Thx again

shauncurt

Established Member
Can you pm me a number I can call you at? Ready to make a deal with you if shipping isn't to bad.

Mv720cbm275

Established Member
i apologize for the inconvenience but i do check my email every other day and have replied back to all emails that i have received.:shrug:

95PGTTech

Established Member
So after it has been repaired it has to pass an inspection to meet all the requierments of a fully repaired car?
Ive worked in body shops that have repaired complete write offs and re-sold again. as long as work is done by a pro the previous damage is not a concern to any buyer.

Mv720..
Are you the first buyer/Registered owner since car has been salvaged.
And if so do you have some paperwork or proof that repairs were done within reg's?

Thx again

Right, but wrong. Mechanically and safety wise, they have no need for concern. They do need to keep in mind that, in general, a car with a salvage title will be worth about half its traditional value, both on a trade-in and private party.

I'm in the market, and while this is a good price, it's not a good enough price, especially in these times, to consider a salvage title car. With the mileage, a non-salvage I'd be somewhere around $25K for and I'd bite if I could get it down to 22.5 or so in these times.

Mv720cbm275

Established Member
Car has been smoged and smog certificate is still valid. Dont mean to start another debate about salvage value but where in the world are people getting half the price? if wrecked cobras at this milage sell for 10-12k whats one thats fixed and ready for the road worth? in this part of california...salvage titles sell at 75% of the value...ive sold salvage cars at 85-90% of the value...some even sell them higher than that depending on how much the car is wanted. SOME...diesel trucks have sold at kbb value so like many have said..its what your willing to pay for it but it is NOT valued at half the price...thats just personal opinion.

on a side note...i got in a wreck with my previous sedan which i bought used from a private party with a salvage certificate already...insurance pay off was $3000 above what kelly blue book! Even though it was a salvage title they did not care!

Last edited:

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
Right, but wrong. Mechanically and safety wise, they have no need for concern. They do need to keep in mind that, in general, a car with a salvage title will be worth about half its traditional value, both on a trade-in and private party.

I'm in the market, and while this is a good price, it's not a good enough price, especially in these times, to consider a salvage title car. With the mileage, a non-salvage I'd be somewhere around $25K for and I'd bite if I could get it down to 22.5 or so in these times.

Half the value... You are crazy. Must have no clue. Fair value on salvage car if in good condition and fixed right. 70/80%

Users who are viewing this thread