• No

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder if there are certain exhausts that sit a little lower than others?
My cobra is not a daily, so I wouldn't mind giving it a polishing every weekend.
Every weekend? Your crazy! I put 600-700 miles a year and would NOT want to polish every weekend.

This is my headers and x pipe ceramic coated. Next winter I may pull my catback and have it ceramic coated.

IMAG0171_zpsteuzx8ms.jpg

IMAG0172_zpsl78x023z.jpg

IMAG0173_zpsiagrcrh4.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
Every weekend? Your crazy! I put 600-700 miles a year and would NOT want to polish every weekend.

This is my headers and x pipe ceramic coated. Next winter I may pull my catback and have it ceramic coated.

IMAG0171_zpsteuzx8ms.jpg

IMAG0172_zpsl78x023z.jpg

IMAG0173_zpsiagrcrh4.jpg

+65,000 - I was going to polish my stingers before I put them on, and saw the hundreds of hours members had into theirs and decided against it. I don't have that kind of time. Ceramic is the way to go imo

IllCobra

Established Member

IMAG0171_zpsteuzx8ms.jpg

IMAG0172_zpsl78x023z.jpg

IMAG0173_zpsiagrcrh4.jpg
I'm still going through the honeymoon phase with my car so i wouldn'd mind doing it haha
Damn, those came out nice! Mind is ask what you paid to get them ceramic coated?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm still going through the honeymoon phase with my car so i wouldn'd mind doing it haha
Damn, those came out nice! Mind is ask what you paid to get them ceramic coated?
I can't remember off the top of my head, I think 370.00.

IllCobra

Established Member
+65,000 - I was going to polish my stingers before I put them on, and saw the hundreds of hours members had into theirs and decided against it. I don't have that kind of time. Ceramic is the way to go imo
I haven't looked into how much maintenance polishing your exhaust comes with, you guys may have switched me over to ceramic

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
for headers and x pipe? That's not bad. How are they holding up?
Yes for both, I think it would have been 340, but I had it shipped to me. Place that did it is about 2 hours away.

It's holding up good, maybe slightly duller than pictures show. But ceramic has other benefits. Dissipates heat better, helps keep heat down in engine bay, ect. I can touch my headers 5 minutes after the car has been running at operating temp.

IllCobra

Established Member
Yes for both, I think it would have been 340, but I had it shipped to me. Place that did it is about 2 hours away.

It's holding up good, maybe slightly duller than pictures show. But ceramic has other benefits. Dissipates heat better, helps keep heat down in engine bay, ect. I can touch my headers 5 minutes after the car has been running at operating temp.
I was planning on just doing my headers ceramic but i had no idea polishing would require so much attention. Everyday is a school day i guess. Ceramic I go

01yellercobra

Established Member
I was talking to someone on Instagram with polished tail pipes. He said it wasn't that bad for up keep. And his is a daily. Guess I'll find out soon.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
My wife used to complain driving behind me at night because her headlights would reflect off my exhaust! LOL

Maintenance is not hard at all. Once it's polished it is very easy to keep clean. Stainless steel is very durable, it's not like aluminum.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
As far as tail lights, I don't care for adding more colors to the rear for no reason. Unless you want the back of the car to look like a Taco Stand at night. :)

cj428mach

Established Member
The polished exhaust is definitely more eye catching.

The ceramic will probably look good for a while but will dull too. If you look you'll see they sell polish for it to restore the shine. In my experience with ceramic is if you get oil on it and it burns on theres no bringing it back. At least on the stainless you can repolish it.

Franco

Established Member

If this cobra in the video would have had his exhaust polished, you can't tell me people would notice the lights more than the shine from the exhaust.
My cobra came with the black 3" Mac catbacks and I plan on switching them to borla stingers and polishing them.

3879353899_695f299332_o.jpg

From 04sleeper: you can't tell me someone wouldn't notice this haha

Nothing better than polished exhaust.

0e87b9620c84674470e3262288d5f57c.jpg

Hands down more impressive than amber tails.

Franco

Established Member

Really not that bad with the right power tools. By hand forget it

Users who are viewing this thread