Altcoin Discussion

96gt02

Established Member
Gdax is always cheaper than coinbase for everything fee wise, especially when you cash out, always make all moves through gdax

96gt02

Established Member
BTW for anyone interested in the jumping in and out, I had gotten out of XRP yesterday at $2.93 when I commented on here, I got back in later at $2.71 and picked up about 100 free XRP in doing so. Also I just got back out this morning at $3.28 well see what happens but im looking for a pull back to low $3's and in the meantime my funds are in ADA and XLM ( I hate keeping my money in the Big Three)

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
I’m riding out XRP long term - I’ll just keep scooping up more when the prices dip

Same. My funds deposited today I can finally start looking for entries. I am probably going to put 40% of my funds in XPR, 30% in BAT, and likely 30% in ETH.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
I can't seem to do a ****ing thing with XRP. None of the trading websites want to work for me. Makes me mad because I tried to buy into it 3 weeks ago.

10splaya22

Established Member
TRX is up huge in the past few days. Not sure how much higher it will go in the immediate future but I'm thinking it could hit $1 by the middle of the year.

10splaya22

Established Member
Anyone have experience using EtherDelta? Seems much more difficult to use than Binance, KuCoin, Gemini, etc. The advantage is the much greater availability of coins to trade.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
BTW for anyone interested in the jumping in and out, I had gotten out of XRP yesterday at $2.93 when I commented on here, I got back in later at $2.71 and picked up about 100 free XRP in doing so. Also I just got back out this morning at $3.28 well see what happens but im looking for a pull back to low $3's and in the meantime my funds are in ADA and XLM ( I hate keeping my money in the Big Three)

You made a good move there.

10splaya22

Established Member
Check out the total market cap for all crypto currencies...550 billion 7 days ago to over 760 billion now. 38% increase in a week is kind of mind boggling. This should be a huge year for altcoins. I'm excited for the future!

Attachments

• Crypto_Market_Cap.JPG
    Crypto_Market_Cap.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 85

Jon82387

Established Member
So I just started messing around with this stuff about last month.

Currently mining eth with my pc making about 160-170$ per month right now.

Transferring that to binance and putting it into different cheap coins for now (xrp,trx,xvg) making good gains with my small little breadcrumbs.

So I tried buying some ETH from coinbase and then transferring to binance last night. Purchase went fine pretty instant says complete. Then tried sending to binance to buy into other coins but nope.... the transfer is slow or being held up for whatever reason.

Anyone have a better way to do this??? I've heard GDAX might work but not going to mess with it till this transfer clears and I hear some feedback from people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Zemedici

Established Member
So I just started messing around with this stuff about last month.

Currently mining eth with my pc making about 160-170$ per month right now.

Transferring that to binance and putting it into different cheap coins for now (xrp,trx,xvg) making good gains with my small little breadcrumbs.

So I tried buying some ETH from coinbase and then transferring to binance last night. Purchase went fine pretty instant says complete. Then tried sending to binance to buy into other coins but nope.... the transfer is slow or being held up for whatever reason.

Anyone have a better way to do this??? I've heard GDAX might work but not going to mess with it till this transfer clears and I hear some feedback from people.

how long has it been on the coinbase - binance ETH transfer?

Jon82387

Established Member
how long has it been on the coinbase - binance ETH transfer?
About 14 hours now I just assumed since the deposit was so quick and typically when I transfer from my ETH wallet to binance it's quick that this would be the same.....

Really wanted to scoop some more coins up b4 they start going higher.

Just seeing what other options are out there.

quad

Established Member
About 14 hours now I just assumed since the deposit was so quick and typically when I transfer from my ETH wallet to binance it's quick that this would be the same.....

Really wanted to scoop some more coins up b4 they start going higher.

Just seeing what other options are out there.

If you have mined Ethereum and already received a payment you can send that ETH directly from your mined wallet to Binance. I did that just yesterday and it took about 2 hours. But Binance was doing an upgrade during the transaction which slowed it down. Binance seems to be working fine today. I just sent ETH from Coinbase and hope it will not take that long. A few weeks ago sending ETH from Coinbase to Binance only took a few minutes.

I am currently mining Ethereum on AMD (RX580) cards and Zcash on NVIDIA (1070 ti). Once I have all my rigs completed in the next few days I will be able to mine over 1 ETH per week and quite a few ZEC per week. Still trying to see which is more profitable but it looks like ZCASH will bring in more which I can then convert to ETH or just keep it in ZEC. I think ZEC will be going up in 2018 and so will ETH.

The NVIDIA 1070 cards are hands down the best performance to power cards at the moment. I kept reading how the RX580s are great but I think these reviewers have not really done their homework.

Here are my results with one rig:

Seven NVIDIA EVGA 1070 FTW TI 8 GB cards mining Ethereum:
32.25 mh/s each for a total of around 226 mh/s and consuming 780 watts power total. This power consumption includes an Intel I3 CPU, 8 GB DDR4 System RAM and an Asus Mining Expert motherboard!

Here's what the AMD cards are doing.

Six AMD RX580 Sapphire Nitro+ 8 GB cards mining Ethereum:
30.8 mh/s each for a total of around 185 mh/s and consuming 880 watts power total. This power consumption is for the cards by themselves since their power supplies are connected to the second power port on the Mining Expert board which does not drive the CPU and rest of the system. That is just way too much power for 6 cards. I have already tweaked the hell out of the BIOS for each RX580 card. Reducing the power consumption makes it unstable.

When it comes to Zcash mining the NVIDIA cards are doing even better! My 1080 ti is capable of 800 sol/s at 100% power. I have it dialed down to 80% though to reduce power consumption and it is performing at 750 sol/s. AMD cards does not perform as well with Zcash compared to Nvidia. I think the RX Vega 64 , their latest and greatest, can only achieve about 475-480 sol/s. My 1070 ti cards perform around 450 sol/s at under 55% power settings.

The reason I am mixing AMD and NVIDIA cards is because Windows 10 currently supports a maximum of 8 NVIDIA cards per system and 12 AMD cards. I could go with Linux to circumvent that but really did not feel like doing that. I have experience with Linux but really prefer to stay with Windows.

So I have 13 GPU cards per rig. 7 NVIDIA and 6 AMD. The motherboard supports 19 GPU cards but you can only use 13 gaming cards (NVIDIA+AMD combined) at the moment. To max out 19 cards you need to use the ASUS P106 mining cards which don't even have a display port on the rear of the card and is strictly designed for mining. Their performance is not that stellar either, around 26 mh/s. I am waiting for ASUS to bring out a revised BIOS that will remove this restriction.

Users who are viewing this thread