AMS GT-R dominates UGR lambos!!!!!

Stop&turnFreak

Established Member
These guys have been next level since I met them back in 2003. I still use them today on all my Evo stuff, which I open-track. I remember working with them at One Lap, and at TT events, and they are just some of the nicest people you'll meet. But, know what was said about being on their level is true, having worked with Martin at the track, he is always tinkering, and thinking of ways to get faster.

mr2cam

Established Member
I think the Lambo with the "blown" engine also ran a 7.7 at the track. Crazy how the GTR freight trained it but they ran identical times in the 1/4.

You talking about Stacey Barnetts? Do you happen to have a link to the thread with them talking about it?

badblacklx

Established Member
Wonder if he got on the override button (pins wastegates shut) to get that extra pull to come around lambo from behind.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
So could that gtr be driven on the street? I saw a comment about having a partially filled block.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I believe it's when they fill the water passages in part of the block for added strength. I'm not sure what they use to fill it. I'm also not sure if a filled or partly filled block can be used in a street driven vehicle, I don't have any experience with them myself.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I believe it's when they fill the water passages in part of the block for added strength. I'm not sure what they use to fill it. I'm also not sure if a filled or partly filled block can be used in a street driven vehicle, I don't have any experience with them myself.

So the maybe the "king of the street" can't be driven on the street?

STCobra

STREDEYE
Established Member
I am thrilled with my GTR but I'm stock though. Still hauls! It's my very first foreign sports car and at times I feel bad as it is not an American Sports car but my DD is a Raptor:)

badblacklx

Established Member
I would give up my cobra in a heartbeat to have a gtr lol. My buddy has 14 it is sick. Another friend has a 15 black edition it is also sick lol.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
So the maybe the "king of the street" can't be driven on the street?

If that GT-R has a filled block, then they can drive on the street since this one was driven back to the hotel from the event. I was talking about in a daily driver type setup. Maybe they can, I have no idea. I know that I see plenty of street cars at car shows and cruise nights that wouldn't do well as a daily driver. This car passes the street car test as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited:

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Did you watch the video in the original post? Or read the comments above yours? They drove the car to and from the hotel. :poke:

I noticed Hybrid say she thought they drove it to the hotel. I don't live it Texas, for all I know the hotel is a half mile away. Did I see anything credible that indicates it can be street driven by the definition of the word. No. Hence the question mark...

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
You talking about Stacey Barnetts? Do you happen to have a link to the thread with them talking about it?

Why is "blown" in quotes? Are they trying to say it didn't crack the block in half?

I noticed Hybrid say she thought they drove it to the hotel. I don't live it Texas, for all I know the hotel is a half mile away. Did I see anything credible that indicates it can be street driven by the definition of the word. No. Hence the question mark...

It's a good 15-20 miles from the Hilton to the airfield.

Edit:
i-R5fFx6D-X2.png

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I was wondering that too, it was a person from UGR that said it blew, wasnt it...?

Not like you couldnt see it go boom

I don't really follow what's said online, 98.7% of it is BS made up by people who haven't been within 100 miles of a TTG. At the event I heard it split the block from a couple of people. That defines "blown up" IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread