Any big reasons not to buy a 2010?

theCollector

Established Member
Looking at a 2010.

I have read about some of the various improvements over the subsequent years but I wanted to ask if there are any big reasons not to go for a 2010? Maybe someone will mention something I havent read about.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Some prefer the looks of the 07-09 and the technology of the 11-12,

One could say the 10 gets neither.

i don't agree with this sentiment but i have heard this mentioned before.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
No HIDs in 10
No recaros in 10
No aluminum block in 10

Fastest tvs 6 speed shelby is a 2010...lol...all shelbys are bad ass.

dirtychamba

Django
Established Member
The 11-12 has less weight upfront , (aluminum block)
And I think dealers are only asking about 2-3k more which was worth it to me.

But if you like the looks of the 07-09 models then go for an 09 which has the tranny issue resolved.

rdanzy

Established Member
No HIDs in 10
No recaros in 10
No aluminum block in 10

Fastest tvs 6 speed shelby is a 2010...lol...all shelbys are bad ass.

HIDs were a $500 option for my 2010. If you have a choice go with a 07-09 or 11+. A 10 is basically a 09 in 11 skin. As a 10 owner IMO you should stay away from a 10.

SuperFly03

Established Member
HIDs were a $500 option for my 2010. If you have a choice go with a 07-09 or 11+. A 10 is basically a 09 in 11 skin. As a 10 owner IMO you should stay away from a 10.

I tend to disagree with this. I love my '10.

IAT2's in the data stream, hydraulic steering (not electric), iron block (Yes, I actually prefer this).

You don't get HID's... Ok that can be added (I am retrofitting), recaros... again can be added... no SVTPP (i plan on going well past what the SVT PP package offers so I don't care). No HD Radio (personally doesn't bother me).

For me, at the time is was a $20k decision not a $5k decision it is now (or less).

Steve@BAS

Established Member
OP, what are your goals/plans with the car? I would take a 2010 over an 07-09 for the updated body/interior alone.

Kevin P

Established Member
From an aesthetics point of view, I prefer the 10 over the 11-12 PP cars. I think the stripes on the PP cars are too narrow and don't look nearly as good as the wider ones.

HIDs were avail on 2010, as was Nav, and Sync. The only real functional improvement for 11-12 is the aluminum block.

theCollector

Established Member
Missed the question about goals for the car.

Hope to almost daily drive with around 650 at the wheels. It is lightly modded now with smaller sc pulley, cold air, cat back, and tune if course. I think it makes in the 530whp and don't know the tq.

Kewlv8

Established Member
I tend to disagree with this. I love my '10.

IAT2's in the data stream, hydraulic steering (not electric), iron block (Yes, I actually prefer this).

You don't get HID's... Ok that can be added (I am retrofitting), recaros... again can be added... no SVTPP (i plan on going well past what the SVT PP package offers so I don't care). No HD Radio (personally doesn't bother me).

For me, at the time is was a $20k decision not a $5k decision it is now (or less).

Yes, 10's are great, with a few upgrades over the 09, but more pricey.
11's are great, with a few upgrades over the 10, but more pricey.
13's are great, with a few upgrades over the 11, but more pricey.

All are bad-ass, and can be upgraded to 700HP with a few hours in the shop.

Buy the one you like best, and that you can afford, then beat the hell outta it. :thumbsup:

Eds01Lightning

Established Member
I'm totally satisfied with my 10 !! I would have rather had a 13-14 but for the price difference (since I was paying cash) the 10 made more sense. No regrets here...:beer:

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
If you have a choice go with a 07-09 or 11+. A 10 is basically a 09 in 11 skin. As a 10 owner IMO you should stay away from a 10.

Calling a '10 an '09 in different skin unfairly downplays the vastly improved handling of the '10 over the '07-'09 cars.

From an aesthetics point of view, I prefer the 10 over the 11-12 PP cars. I think the stripes on the PP cars are too narrow and don't look nearly as good as the wider ones.

Ah, but the non PP 11-12 cars don't suffer from the same misfortune.

I think the '11-12 non PP cars are the sweet spot: all the best features of the '11 cars (aluminum block, fuel system upgrades, EPAS, etc.) while also keeping the features that were better about the '10 cars (correct stripes, shifter ball, wheels). ...but for the right price, I'd buy a '10 in a heartbeat.

This whole question reminds me of this article: Review: 2010 Ford Shelby GT500 is the best car we'd never buy - Autoblog

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
11-12 certainly isn't $10,000 worth of difference from a 10.

The only considerable difference to me is the iron/aluminum block. I rather have an iron block anyway so no regrets here.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Op 2010 is a great car there werent really any issues with it. Its a nice looking car an can be modded like any others.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
A good friend of mines has a 10. It runs hard. Real hard. He went with the Steeda package for suspension, and he has the basic bolt on package. He wishes he had HID's but not a huge issue.

I have a 11 and I like the tech difference between them. Beyond the aluminum block, you have a myriad of other things that did make a nice leap from the 10 to the 11. Now saying this, if there were a nice 10 out there to be had, I would not pass it up.

In the end, 07~14 can all be made into bad bloody mofo's that can put the fear into anything else on the street. The Shelby's are a great car, and I am a proud to be a owner of this legacy :)

fearthesnake

Established Member
Great car

Looking at a 2010.

I have read about some of the various improvements over the subsequent years but I wanted to ask if there are any big reasons not to go for a 2010? Maybe someone will mention something I havent read about.

All around I love my 2010. Has HID/Navigation/Synch,etc.. you can get those on the 2010's.

For me the decision was pricing point, $40K was my budget.

You can make any of these cars beast to be honest. None are bad years. It's really what your budget can afford.

Users who are viewing this thread