Anybody regret selling their first car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trxcobra

Established Member
Hey guys,
So I've been trying to sell my first car ever, my '99 cobra for some time now and finally got a good offer on it. The offer is for $13,500 and I told the guy I will let him know by Monday, but as soon as he gave the offer I couldn't just say yes and have been feeling depressed just thinking about losing the car haha! I basically built the entire car myself and have put tons of work into it over the 6.5 years of ownership, so it has quite a bit of sentimental value. I'm not in a financial situation where I NEED to sell but I could use the money for sure. I just don't really have the room for the car, but can see myself regretting selling it down the road.

Figured I would ask for some opinions on here,
Thanks

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
If it's paid off keep it.. If not payoff and buy a beater. Honestly i miss not having a payment. Now I'm at 666.67 a month.. Geh

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
If the reason is only not enough room, can you rent a storage shed at some u-store it place? If that's not an option, got a pal who would let you keep it at his place, in return for driving privileges?

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
Kinda. Mine was a 65 mustang. Had it for 7 years. But in that time frame I'd bought another which was more solid and of course faster. But it'll never be my first. Did a lot of work to that car and broke down all over the place in it.

trxcobra

Established Member
Haha yeah the car is paid off. I just bought a Toyota supra which I love, if I were to sell the cobra the money would mostly go to paying off that loan. And I'm sure I would end up in another mustang down the road but it won't be MY mustang haha. Renting a storage unit is definitely an option. The only thing keeping the car will do is push me a little further away from buying a house. I'm 22 so have some time for sure, but this is not an easy choice!!

Thanks for the input guys

Sladester2

Established Member
Sell it. That supra you bought is a lot better of a toy lol. Down the road buy a terminator if you want another mustang.

trxcobra

Established Member
Sell it. That supra you bought is a lot better of a toy lol. Down the road buy a terminator if you want another mustang.

Oh I know the supra is a much better toy! I was considering a terminator before buying it. I actually test drove a 20k mile kenne bell coupe and the car was really nice, but hopped in my cobra right after and I wouldn't have traded straight up for the other car! Wasn't the same lol

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Buying a house is going to cost a lot more than just the mortgage. There are times I regret selling my first car. But I regret the money I spent on it even more. I could have done a lot more awesome things and been in a much better financial situation had I not been young and dumb.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I've still got mine I bought in high school. 1969 Mustang GT Conv. I'll never sell it.

Though I really need to get it into a body shop.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Weak ass '83 black Ford Bronco with a straight 6 that got crappy gas mileage and was a bitch to keep clean, no.

01stallion

ford guy
Established Member
Buying a house is going to cost a lot more than just the mortgage. There are times I regret selling my first car. But I regret the money I spent on it even more. I could have done a lot more awesome things and been in a much better financial situation had I not been young and dumb.

Aint that the dam truth!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I miss all my previous vehicle for various reasons, but I don't regret getting rid of any of them.

jbs$

Established Member
Always look forward the next one and hope that the old ones find a good home.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
My first car was my 1995 lightning. There was a lot of sentimental value I had with that truck. I had it for almost 5 years and put a lot of work into it, but I don't regret selling it. I bought a bike and had just as much at a quarter of the cost.

Way2QWK

Established Member
i regret selling my 71 plymouth fury wagon. Big block 440. Was my car in high school that my Grandpa bought new in 71. Sold it after I got married cause I had no room to store it.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i had an 06 mustang gt premium as a first car, sold it and just recently could afford to get it as a third car....searched all over and found it totaled in orlando
made me pretty sad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread