**** Around >>> Find Out

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Little arc flash. The bright blue box in the background is a liquid rheostat. A tank of salt water, about 3000 L, that is used as a giant resistor to start and regulate the current in a wound rotor induction motor. When this flash occurred there was about 2000 VAC present at those terminals. The motor itself is 6000 HP, 4160 VAC.

I should also note this is my very first video that I've uploaded to Youtube. I'm gonna be an influencer now. Please like, subscribe, and follow. LMAO. Also, I have no idea how I got this to work. So lemme know if I gots any issues.

Last edited:

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Little arc flash. The bright blue box in the background is a liquid rheostat. A tank of salt water, about 3000 L, that is used as a giant resistor to start and regulate the current in a wound rotor induction motor. When this flash occurred there was about 2000 VAC present at those terminals. The motor itself is 6000 HP, 4160 VAC.

I should also note this is my very first video that I've uploaded to Youtube. I'm gonna be an influencer now. Please like, subscribe, and follow. LMAO. Also, I have no idea how I got this to work. So lemme know if I gots any issues.

And people still look at me like Im crazy when I tell them to always keep one hand in their pocket when working on any electrical equipment. Wont save you from an arc flash fireball but it can keep you from getting zapped dead.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
And people still look at me like Im crazy when I tell them to always keep one hand in their pocket when working on any electrical equipment. Wont save you from an arc flash fireball but it can keep you from getting zapped dead.
100% right. We teach kids today that PPE will make them impervious to damage vs. common sense old school safety.

I’m not against PPE, but it gives some folks a false sense of security working around this stuff. Teach the basics.

We had a kid get poked with 13.8 kV. Damn lucky to be alive. Went into a breaker cubicle they thought was deenergized. Turns out it was a tie feed. So there was a second source. Dunno why their tic tracers didn’t alert them. Anyhow, kid had a screw driver in his back pocket. He turned inside cubicle and it was enough to cause an arc. It hit him, stopped his heart, and threw him out of cubicle to the MCC section across the hall. Tech working with him gave CPR, revived him. He spent night in hospital. His worst damage was the broken ribs and indention of the MCC section that he hit, in his back (perfect indention of the handle and breaker). The shock itself left small burns on his ass and shoulder. Lucky as hell.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Electricity terrifies me, bros…. Saw the aftermath of a dude getting zapped…. Incident changed him races…. Took him from white to black man with vitiligo!

blownstang01

Established Member

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Damn straight...my dad the electrician taught me that

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
German is an horrible language on girls. She sounded like a retarded seal. And if she wasn't at the beginning of the video, she was by the end.

Dayuuum.

I'm sure she was as ass but the dudes should have just walked away long before it got that bad. Not a classy move.

Users who are viewing this thread