blinker and hazard problems

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
Just creating this thread for those that do a search and have blinker or hazard problems. My blinker went bizzerk the other day and turned on by itself and blinked at a faster frequencey than normal. It then turned off completely and I wasn't able to use either side of the blinkers. The hazards didn't work either. I then parked the car and noticed that the blinker had turned on by itself without the key in the ignition and was blinking extremely fast. I checked all the fuses and everything was OK. I did some searching on this forum and found that most have replaced the turn signal switch and it solved the problem. I did the same, ordered it from tousley @ 10% over cost and replaced it. It took a total of an hour (ripping out old and installing new). Bingo, everything worked perfectly!:rockon:

LDC2335

Established Member
Just creating this thread for those that do a search and have blinker or hazard problems. My blinker went bizzerk the other day and turned on by itself and blinked at a faster frequencey than normal. It then turned off completely and I wasn't able to use either side of the blinkers. The hazards didn't work either. I then parked the car and noticed that the blinker had turned on by itself without the key in the ignition and was blinking extremely fast. I checked all the fuses and everything was OK. I did some searching on this forum and found that most have replaced the turn signal switch and it solved the problem. I did the same, ordered it from tousley @ 10% over cost and replaced it. It took a total of an hour (ripping out old and installing new). Bingo, everything worked perfectly!:rockon:

glad it worked out for you, but just wondering why, if you found the info by searching, do we need another thread for people to search for that says the same thing as the threads you found when you searched for it? :shrug:

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
glad it worked out for you, but just wondering why, if you found the info by searching, do we need another thread for people to search for that says the same thing as the threads you found when you searched for it? :shrug:

Your response barely qualifies for a reply however; I'll answer your question. Reason: it's called "Search Optimization" or improving visibility to a topic. Why not make it easier for those doing searches by creating a thread topic that didn't exist "blinker and hazard problems" which, by the way was my exact issue. All the threads that were rendered from my search only brought back blinker issues. Nobody spoke of or documented my symptoms exactly so why not create another to hopefully assist somebody with their issues. I wasn't asking for advice and wasn't looking for replies especially yours.

buck667

Toxic Venom
Established Member
Though your responses were meant to be malevolent you actually assisted with the purpose of my thread. Thank you for adding links and keywords to assist with future searches. :beer:

SNAKEYE

Established Member
Though your responses were meant to be malevolent you actually assisted with the purpose of my thread. Thank you for adding links and keywords to assist with future searches. :beer:

Exactly. Gotta "talk the talk" to get the best info.

Last edited:

LDC2335

Established Member

Malevolent, na, just a little sarcasm. I always forget to add lots of smilies to show my intent, sorry. Since this thread will come up everytime someone seaches, i figured i'd make it a one stop shop.

I too had this very same blinker issue and resolved it with the use of this forum. It seems to be a very common problem for our cars. I went with a aftermarket brand, hopefully it holds up another 13 years like the factory one did. :D

Users who are viewing this thread