Calling out all Turbo vendors

4VFTW

Established Member
it's called a "loss leader" in the retail world... you sell an item at a loss to get people in the door where they buy other things at a mark-up...Terry and Justin are not the first to employ this strategy...its been going on as long as there has been competition in the marketplace

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
I guess my question is,
is it worth offering the kits at a loss of $150 per piece ? You have no guarantees that people will be buying add ons left and right to make up for your loss and hopefully break even?
As a matter of fact, this now makes the used kits worth next to nothing...

I'm not calling you a liar, or at least not intending to. I still can't figure out what you guys are trying to accomplish by losing money on kits.
I know certain companies will give their dealers better pricing if they sell a certain amount of them... maybe that's the whole purpose behind this. For you and them to sell xxx amount of units by xxx date, and qualify for a better pricing that will net you better profit later on. idk.

Its like selling a new car, you might give them a deal on something in order to get a sale. Hell the original Xbox Microsoft lost like $20 per console, BUT they where banking they could make up for it in the licensing fees the game developers had to pay...and it worked.

So if they are selling for a $40 loss, and they are able to sell you a fuel system or even a boost a pump its not a loss anymore.

Stop making crazy threads and just order a kit from Dustin already! Then come down and I'll tune it.....after I get mine dialed in:rockon:

Chris

keoni1984

Established Member
I'm just saying its part of your kit because its the only way you could get your kit to work how you wanted it. So it has to be part of the kit not an option. Easy now there guy. Not discrediting your kit at all. It just seemed how you said it your were implying that you are throwing a k member in as an option not because it's needed.

Doesn't change the fact that it still comes with the tubular K member and radiator support to boot... mods that people who do these kinds of things to their cars usually desire. Those and the sexy ass tubular headers and 5" downpipe ultimately swayed me.

Chaney5.0

Is this one of those junkyeard special kits the GM guys make by flipping stock manifolds and what not?
I can't see a TT kit, with tubular headers, v-band everything, and brand name turbos ever being that cheap man. Unless you bought used, but that'd be apples and oranges.

DSCN0497_zps089cfaaa.jpg

DSCN0492_zps397590e1.jpg

DSCN0494_zpsa108ab93.jpg

734281_588969717799165_483591311_n_zps51ed6683.jpg

884908_589746891054781_2110063991_o_zpsd22abbd7.jpg

Precision Turbos are pretty much the best on the market. They are rated at 500hp EACH. Which in serious numbers means they can easily push 650 no problem.

I had aftermarket kooks headers already.

That also included new injectors as well as oil coolers, and IC. This is far from a junk yard job, OR used part throw together. Forums only get you so far, actually knowing people is a + in life.

It's funny how people don't read the entire post, I did say I am best friends with somebody who gets bottom dollar, but the amazingness of how allergic people are to good prices and instantly turn into dick heads. Vendors on forums make you think they give good prices on things. Most turbo kits are making the seller 200% profit out the door.

Last edited:

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
Doesn't change the fact that it still comes with the tubular K member and radiator support to boot... mods that people who do these kinds of things to their cars usually desire. Those and the sexy ass tubular headers and 5" downpipe ultimately swayed me.

I'm sure they did. No doubt tubular headers are nice. That's one of the reasons why I love my kit.

CPRsm

And? Not sure I understand. Comes with a turbo blanket, too. Didn't need that.

I'm just saying its part of your kit because its the only way you could get your kit to work how you wanted it. So it has to be part of the kit not an option. Easy now there guy. Not discrediting your kit at all. It just seemed how you said it your were implying that you are throwing a k member in as an option not because it's needed.

No, but it is added value no matter how you look at it. And extra money you'd have to spend on any other form of FI to get them. Just an added bonus like the rest of the parts. Some see it as more crap to install, others love it, they were going to buy those parts anyways lol

Most turbo kits are making the seller 200% profit out the door.
Yeah right! lol I'd shit my drawers for 50%!!
I'm a PTE dealer myself and there is not close to that profit. Especially with cut throat dealers with no overhead. They're happy to make 50 bucks on a 1500 dollar turbo. Then there's 4 dollars left after CC fees. So many folks are worried about what companies make off a product the can't make themselves, while having no clue how much a company needs to make before any profit is actually made.

Bud

Established Member
Vendors on forums make you think they give good prices on things. Most turbo kits are making the seller 200% profit out the door.

1. your turbos are on the wrong end of the car

2. Engineering, design, etc are all free? People who put the R&D time in the beginning designing a kit while still paying to keep the lights/power/heat on at their shop shouldn't recover for it? Only the raw materials costs should factor into a price of a kit? Shop overhead is magically paid by what if not rolled into a company's product prices? What do you consider "profit", what numbers are you using to come to 200%?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Okay guys!

I have conceded on the Paxton war!

Feel free to purchase your paxton kits at the lowest price around from another vendor!

Our new customer give back is for any add on's that you need!!!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...vortech-add-package-special.html#post12977035

Now, you can get the lowest price on your paxton kit, then come see me for everything else you need for the ultimate price combo!!!!

ebrow21

Established Member

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
:pop:

I think what JPC is doing is a wicked good deal. Theirs no questioning that.

I do have 1 set left though out of our stocking Paxton order and the other is in pending. Sold one locally simply because we had it. We have no problem sitting on inventory knowing its being sold at MAP pricing.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Just wish you all were willing to ship your kits. Getting a car from Louisiana up there is a bit cost prohibitive.

Edit: What is going to be interesting is to watch the bottom drop out of the value of the Paxton kits when 2011+ owners part out their cars.

This will be coming soon!! i will be posting updates on the turbo stuff :beer:

86merc

Established Member
Yeah right! lol I'd shit my drawers for 50%!!

To say there is 200% mark up is ridiculous . lol I have been involved in building quite a few turbo kits. I purchase tubing direct from the place making the tubing. Not a middle man. I buy turbos, BOV, wastegates and boost controllers at wholesale prices. There is no way to make that kind of money on a small production kit. Unless he was talking about some of the kits that shops are charging $15-$20K or more for their turbo kits. :uh oh: Which we have a few of them around by me.

I'm a PTE dealer myself and there is not close to that profit. Especially with cut throat dealers with no overhead. They're happy to make 50 bucks on a 1500 dollar turbo. Then there's 4 dollars left after CC fees.

A few years ago turbo wholesale pricing came way down. And competition in the market drove retail down even further. I don't think most people really know what kind of profit margins there are on parts. And surely do not take into cost of running a brick and mortar business. It can be a brutal market. Especially when you compete against someone who works out of their house, has no money tied up into inventory on the shelf and drop ships every thing.

Chaney5.0

1. your turbos are on the wrong end of the car

2. Engineering, design, etc are all free? People who put the R&D time in the beginning designing a kit while still paying to keep the lights/power/heat on at their shop shouldn't recover for it? Only the raw materials costs should factor into a price of a kit? Shop overhead is magically paid by what if not rolled into a company's product prices? What do you consider "profit", what numbers are you using to come to 200%?

I laughed pretty hard at the first part. Says who? Should I hack up the fenders of my 60k dollar car to fit turbos when I can just mount them in the back like the other 70% of owners? Or do you know what you're talking about. The either is very un likely.

To the second part, are you mad? I proved a point. You can get turbo kits for cheap if you aren't a forum troller and actually get out there and bust your ass to make connections and get friends. Where do I get my profit numbers? The lowest price for the turbo back "kit" , or at least the closest parts, is around 6. Where I payed 3940 including shipping. Yes that is for a corvette, but with turbos you are looking at the same prices.

Users who are viewing this thread