[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Get in line buddy :) Spoolin maybe we can schedule a couple cars mine and Fabbed? PM us when you think it will be good.

Lol on the contrary, I think fabbed asked for a run with an AED car a few pages back in this thead ;-)

The auto is considered a mod now -a- days.

Na, the auto isn't a mod, but the converter is.. at least in my opinion.

Dude you car rolls out for whats done to it...way to rep club 6r80!

When is that turbo going on?

Justin you think you can line me up with Spoolin? I want to see how I do against an AED car. :)

Assuming you come out in street mode and not drag mode, it should be a good run I would think. I'd guess you edge him out by a car or 2.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

As soon as i have TIME! That's what's killing me right now.. Between a few tunes here and there, and well work, I dont have time to work on my personal stuff. Soon I should be able to start working on it though, trust me I look at all those parts sitting on the shop floor all the time.

04compgt

Established Member
Lol on the contrary, I think fabbed asked for a run with an AED car a few pages back in this thead ;-)

Na, the auto isn't a mod, but the converter is.. at least in my opinion.

Assuming you come out in street mode and not drag mode, it should be a good run I would think. I'd guess you edge him out by a car or 2.

The converter is only helping me out of the hole. From a roll it is locked just like a factory converter.

If I am coming out to race I more than likely will come out on wheels in case a dig race pops up. But if spoolin has a set of wheels he is welcome to bring them too, I am not against it.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
As soon as i have TIME! That's what's killing me right now.. Between a few tunes here and there, and well work, I dont have time to work on my personal stuff. Soon I should be able to start working on it though, trust me I look at all those parts sitting on the shop floor all the time.

Well if you ever get sick of looking at it and want me to try it out for you, just let me know.. :thumbsup:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Good runs. Looks like there is a reason for the AED hype?

Car definitely runs strong. No doubt about it. The ghost cam sounds great too.

I'm half tempted to put my stock intake back on for 1 more race to see if that really is the difference. I see his extra ~30ft lbs of torque pulling through in the midrange and then my extra power up top closing the distance before we let off. My car put down 399/354 on the boss intake if I remember right.

Honestly, if I didn't have my tuner, I would get an AED tune without question.

BMR Tech

That's what I fought with on my NA setup. Runner length.

Hard to say, but from my viewpoint.....if you lose the pull up top, then being even through the mid range won't help much?

Also take into consideration that you clearly went WOT before he did, as well.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That's what I fought with on my NA setup. Runner length.

Hard to say, but from my viewpoint.....if you lose the pull up top, then being even through the mid range won't help much?

Ya, I have the mods/gearing I do for the explicit purpose of maximizing the performance on nitrous. I'm less concerned with how it does on the motor but it's always fun to try and squeeze every last drop of performance that I can.

His car clearly pulls harder in the mid range as seen in top of 3rd and 4th gear comparison so I'm wonder if extra torque in the middle would overcome that gap and make it a side by side race... only one way to find out...

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member

I'm half tempted to put my stock intake back on for 1 more race to see if that really is the difference. I see his extra ~30ft lbs of torque pulling through in the midrange and then my extra power up top closing the distance before we let off. My car put down 399/354 on the boss intake if I remember right.

You lost 30ftlbs?

Most of the Boss intake cars I have done did not loss that much if at all, just did not make any more torque than the stock mani.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I don't know much or how little I lost as I never dynoed the car when bone stock. I cn say with absolute certainty that the car lost balls in the mid range after the swap. It was definitely noticeable.

BMR Tech

I think the better comparison would be you swapping to an AED tune as is, then re run spooling.

The quickest and fastest manual trans cars all have Boss Intakes, don't they?

Unfortunately you'd have to pay though, to take the chance.

04compgt

Established Member
BMR Tech I think you have a great point. However I would agree that it wouldnt be cost effective for Justin.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
Good runs. Looks like it was a close race between Justin and Spoolin. I'd like to get a run in with Spoolin sometime :)
I'm up for getting some runs in.

Nice run. I didn't see him leave, I wanted a run :)
Sorry man, next time we can get some runs in. I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had to get home to get sleep.

I was thinking about how the race would have turned out if you didn't have the boss intake when I was on the way home last night. If you take it off, I will definitely run you again to see how much of a difference it makes. Also if you decide to get rid of the manifold I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Next time you guys are out there let me know and I will make it back out. I definitely want to get some 20-30 start runs in.

. That was our first run and I told him I would go whenever he did. I spun a little when I hit it too. The run from 50 that wasn't on video we hit at the same time I spun a little then too but was a little further ahead. I would have been just out side of camera range that run until about 100 when he started pulling back on me.

Overall I had a blast. Thanks for inviting me Justin.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I think the better comparison would be you swapping to an AED tune as is, then re run spooling.

The quickest and fastest manual trans cars all have Boss Intakes, don't they?

Unfortunately you'd have to pay though, to take the chance.

I agree. It would be an interesting comparison.

Shaun, wanna sponsor a real-world tuner comparison test? lol

Thanks for coming out George, I had a blast as always. Stay tuned to Grab A Lane for upcoming meets.

Regarding the fastest cars having boss intakes--what gearing do they run? Stock intake is strong and works well with the 3.31s but the boss intake and 3.31 is a really bad N/A combo. There's a reason the factory boss car only comes with 3.73s.. it's the superior gearing choice for N/A choice.

I believe what I lose in N/A performance with my combo is made up with how the car performs on the bottle..she definitely surprises a few people and I'm happy with that.

Spoolingbyu

Established Member
I wonder what the outcome of our race would have been with my Lund tune? It didn't cross my mind until just a minute ago but I had my sct with me I could have uploaded it and and ran again.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

I agree. It would be an interesting comparison.

Shaun, wanna sponsor a real-world tuner comparison test? lol

I've got a money back guaranty, if my BASE tune (not refined via logs and updates) does not out perform any tune you currently run I will refund your money.
IE, purchase the tune via PayPal, send me the details, I'll write a tune and send it over. You 2 race again and if you are not satisfied just request your money back. If you are satisfied, you can do data logs on the base tune and I will refine it and send over finalized tunes.

Sound fair?

Users who are viewing this thread