[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

04compgt

Established Member
I'm up for getting some runs in.

Sorry man, next time we can get some runs in. I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had to get home to get sleep.

I was thinking about how the race would have turned out if you didn't have the boss intake when I was on the way home last night. If you take it off, I will definitely run you again to see how much of a difference it makes. Also if you decide to get rid of the manifold I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Next time you guys are out there let me know and I will make it back out. I definitely want to get some 20-30 start runs in.

. That was our first run and I told him I would go whenever he did. I spun a little when I hit it too. The run from 50 that wasn't on video we hit at the same time I spun a little then too but was a little further ahead. I would have been just out side of camera range that run until about 100 when he started pulling back on me.

Overall I had a blast. Thanks for inviting me Justin.

PM Me your number and we can get something lined up. I will be at BMP this thursday as well if you want to run them there.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I'm up for getting some runs in.

Sorry man, next time we can get some runs in. I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer. I had to get home to get sleep.

I was thinking about how the race would have turned out if you didn't have the boss intake when I was on the way home last night. If you take it off, I will definitely run you again to see how much of a difference it makes. Also if you decide to get rid of the manifold I would be interested in taking it off your hands.

Next time you guys are out there let me know and I will make it back out. I definitely want to get some 20-30 start runs in.

. That was our first run and I told him I would go whenever he did. I spun a little when I hit it too. The run from 50 that wasn't on video we hit at the same time I spun a little then too but was a little further ahead. I would have been just out side of camera range that run until about 100 when he started pulling back on me.

Overall I had a blast. Thanks for inviting me Justin.

Its cool man, there always next time.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
I've got a money back guaranty, if my BASE tune (not refined via logs and updates) does not out perform any tune you currently run I will refund your money.
IE, purchase the tune via PayPal, send me the details, I'll write a tune and send it over. You 2 race again and if you are not satisfied just request your money back. If you are satisfied, you can do data logs on the base tune and I will refine it and send over finalized tunes.

Sound fair?

Wow.

That's a no brainer Justin.

X2 do it justin.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
^ it's a little more complicated than that. There are more factors at play.

For starters, I'm not willing to give up my nitrous flip switch that is built-in to my current tune that a lot of time and effort has been spent developing. I'm pretty sure Shaun wouldn't give me an unlocked tune so I could integrate it even if I paid for it so that leaves me in a tough position.

BMR Tech

So, I am pretty familiar with the basics on how your tune works, but not completely sure. I ran similar, but it was a completely different ecu system.

Are you running a flashed ecu, or using a chip/tuner?

When the nitrous is activated, you are basically using a resistor or some sort of interference, to get the ecu to go into a default table/tune.....which is compensating, pulling timing, adding fuel, whatever....for the nitrous.

I assume this is being done, by connecting the circuit with the solenoid(s).

If you are using some sort of software at this time, or even if you are not....why would you not be able to keep those default settings when the nitrous is activated?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
The nitrous tune is written inside the existing tune. There is only one tune.
Because I won't have access to modify the AED tune, I wouldn't be able to add the nitrous tune parameters on top of his n/a tune so I would need to switch back and forth.

Shaun@AED

You can only adjust spark for nitrous in the tune, changing fueling would require another tune. (Unless you employed a temp vs maf compensation which would not work on a Wet kit and still would not do anything for 'commanded lambda' at WOT) Adjusting things in your tune like the 'Temp with failed IAT' is not hard, nor is setting up the Spark for ACT table to pull timing. It's the fueling at WOT that can not be adjusted.
Setting 'Commanded Lambda' at WOT for NA vs Nitrous requires 2 separate tunes, unless you want to run very rich when NA and run the nitrous WOT fueling all the time.

I open all available options via SCT, but I will not send an MTF file over.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
You can only adjust spark for nitrous in the tune, changing fueling would require another tune. (Unless you employed a temp vs maf compensation which would not work on a Wet kit and still would not do anything for 'commanded lambda' at WOT) Adjusting things in your tune like the 'Temp with failed IAT' is not hard, nor is setting up the Spark for ACT table to pull timing. It's the fueling at WOT that can not be adjusted.
Setting 'Commanded Lambda' at WOT for NA vs Nitrous requires 2 separate tunes, unless you want to run very rich when NA and run the nitrous WOT fueling all the time.

I open all available options via SCT, but I will not send an MTF file over.

^ not true. Cbr and I have been doing it for months now and it works perfectly every time. The fuel trims stay dead on accurate and the fueling goes to my .79 commanded lambda when on the nitrous flip. No change in short term fuel trims.

N/A tune=.83 commanded
Nitrous tune=.79 commanded

100% of the time it works every time.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

^ not true. Cbr and I have been doing it for months now and it works perfectly every time. The fuel trims stay dead on accurate and the fueling goes to my .79 commanded lambda when on the nitrous flip. No change in short term fuel trims.

N/A tune=.83 commanded
Nitrous tune=.79 commanded

100% of the time it works every time.

Coolant temp modifications?
Enlighten me.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Enlighten me.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours. LOL ;-)

All kidding aside, out of respect for CBRTRX, I can't give up the details. He is the mastermind and brains behind the flip switch and a lot of time and effort has gone into making it work correctly 100% of the time. Anyone who knows me knows I'm far too anal to take a chance on spraying my car unless I know for absolute certainty that my tune is correct.

I race way too much to be flashing tunes in all the time so having 2 tunes is the only way I could have a nitrous car. I had it on my vette and we adopted it to work for the coyote.

Shaun@AED

All kidding aside, out of respect for CBRTRX, I can't give up the details. He is the mastermind and brains behind the flip switch and a lot of time and effort has gone into making it work correctly 100% of the time. Anyone who knows me knows I'm far too anal to take a chance on spraying my car unless I know for absolute certainty that my tune is correct.

I race way too much to be flashing tunes in all the time so having 2 tunes is the only way I could have a nitrous car. I had it on my vette and we adopted it to work for the coyote.

Fair enough. :beer:

I guess I will have to ponder that one some more and you will have to play catch up with AED tuned cars (off bottle). :dancenana:
:uh oh:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Fair enough. :beer:

I guess I will have to ponder that one some more and you will have to play catch up with AED tuned cars (off bottle). :dancenana:
:uh oh:

Lol oh snap--you went there.

I'm ok with giving up some N/A performance in the interest of nitrous convenience.

I built the car to be a nitrous car, not an N/A car. My combo is far from ideal for N/A (.31 gear and boss intake) but it shines on the bottle. I'm good with that.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member

Are you doing the resistor trick on the IAT wire on the maf?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
As I said in my comments, that AED car rides out--no doubt about it. I was very impressed with it and also how the ghost cam sounds. It definitely made me consider my options, that is for sure. :rockon:

04compgt

Established Member
I am sure if Shaun looked at the available tables in the tunes he could figure it out. There is only one particular table that has independent fueling and spark at a certain value or condition that the car will see.

Shaun@AED

Lol oh snap--you went there.

I'm ok with giving up some N/A performance in the interest of nitrous convenience.

I built the car to be a nitrous car, not an N/A car. My combo is far from ideal for N/A (.31 gear and boss intake) but it shines on the bottle. I'm good with that.

Had to give you a little shit for the call-out thread. :D

I am sure if Shaun looked at the available tables in the tunes he could figure it out. There is only one particular table that has independent fueling and spark at a certain value or condition that the car will see.

The trick is getting the ECU to default to this correctly. Hat's off to CBR for taking the time to figure it out. :rockon:

04compgt

Established Member
Had to give you a little shit for the call-out thread. :D

The trick is getting the ECU to default to this correctly. Hat's off to CBR for taking the time to figure it out. :rockon:

They might have the right hardware to do the job at radio shack racing.

Users who are viewing this thread