[Callout:] ANY 2011+ AED Tuned Bolt-on Coyote in Tampa, FL with >400whp dyno sheet

BMR Tech

Good to know, thanks for the feedback. That would certainly be a cool idea.

I am fairly certain, although I could be wrong, that he basically controlled his IAT's with the potentiometer. IE; he replaced his IAT for the potentiometer.

I have NO CLUE about this aspect of tuning....but assuming I am right about how he did it, maybe he had it set up to have a tune at say, 40 degrees......80 degrees......and like 145 degrees?

04compgt

Established Member
I am fairly certain, although I could be wrong, that he basically controlled his IAT's with the potentiometer. IE; he replaced his IAT for the potentiometer.

I have NO CLUE about this aspect of tuning....but assuming I am right about how he did it, maybe he had it set up to have a tune at say, 40 degrees......80 degrees......and like 145 degrees?

That is good to know. I am thinking the same could be done with the ECT Sensor.

cbrtrx

Established Member
Shaun, based on my last vehicles and the way we used to do it (I don't know how CBR's works), we knew the system was working properly by looking at the temperature gauge inside the car. If the temperature gauge went to 240* then that meant that the system was working properly and the ECU would refer to the commanded values. Like I said I don't know that this is exactly how it works but this is how it worked on my past vehicles.

What car did you have this in? I've known you for 10 years and raced with you in every car you had and you never had anything like this, you also realize that on all ford anolog gauges they have three true postions or ranges, low, normal, too hot! Haha. So this 240* thing you're talking about on the cluster does not apply to any old fords that you have owned or your brothers stock GM.

Once again with all do respect to everyone, if you didn't do it or design it please don't talk about it like you did. Any information you are giving out is simply from what you know or think you know from what I have been doing or a "friend" of yours for a long time and not based off anything that you have done. Its really not "helping" the comunity at all by giving out false or incorrect information.

This isn't even a tech thread I don't believe.. haha

BMR Tech

I agree, BUT, the OP wanted to race an AED car, and he got his shot at it! Free game, now!

On that note, I will stop posting my thoughts and experiences, I will be the first to admit I truly do not know tuning, nor do I even think I could get close to figuring out how you set up Jjors car. :beer:

04compgt

Established Member
What car did you have this in? I've known you for 10 years and raced with you in every car you had and you never had anything like this, you also realize that on all ford anolog gauges they have three true postions or ranges, low, normal, too hot! Haha. So this 240* thing you're talking about on the cluster does not apply to any old fords that you have owned or your brothers stock GM.

Once again with all do respect to everyone, if you didn't do it or design it please don't talk about it like you did. Any information you are giving out is simply from what you know or think you know from what I have been doing or a "friend" of yours for a long time and not based off anything that you have done. Its really not "helping" the comunity at all by giving out false or incorrect information.

I had this on my 2004 mustang when it had nitrous before the turbo kit. However like I said, I didn't invent it or installed it. Race Related did this for me back in the day and the temperature is just a made up number (for reference purposes only) as in (too hot) I am just trying to make it more based on the new cars since they indeed read the temperature by degree and not by hot, cold or operating range, they did do this with a resistor I know that for a fact and my car was actually one of the first ones they ever experimented with based on something that worked with the GM's at the time or at least this is what I was told. You are right, this is not a tech thread and sorry to Justin for being part of cluttering up the thread.

Back to being on topic, when are the re-runs happening against the AED tuned car, I would like to get a piece of it and maybe a piece of the CBRTRX mustang as long as he is not scared....I don't have the fancy flip chip so I may be at a disadvantage here but I will come out and put up a fight anyways (I'll be sitting on the sidelines flashing my car, while justin and cbrtrx get about 10 races in before I could do one race. Damn slow SCT!)

Last edited:

cbrtrx

Established Member
I agree, BUT, the OP wanted to race an AED car, and he got his shot at it! Free game, now!

On that note, I will stop posting my thoughts and experiences, I will be the first to admit I truly do not know tuning, nor do I even think I could get close to figuring out how you set up Jjors car. :beer:

Just for the record that was Justin's idea to call out an aed car, you know I would never do anything like that. I wasnt even aware of this thread till recently. If I knew what he was doing I would have told him he would probably loose... haha. His tune is just conservative.

Thank you for taking into consideration to not post hearsay. It doesn't help the community much to post up what some else may have done without fully understanding it. It may cause someone to read this and attempt it and damage their car.

04compgt has a car aproaching a 9 second time slip, him racing 12 second cars is really just an attempt to stroke his ego, it wouldn't be a close race and he knows it. That would be like us guys trying to race a Kia. :)

Last edited:

04compgt

Established Member
Just for the record that was Justin's idea to call out an aed car, you know I would never do anything like that. I wasnt even aware of this thread till recently. If I knew what he was doing I would have told him he would probably loose... haha. His tune is just conservative.

Thank you for taking into consideration to not post hearsay. It doesn't help the community much to post up what some else may have done without fully understanding it. It may cause someone to read this and attempt it and damage their car.

04compgt has a car aproaching a 9 second time slip, him racing 12 second cars is really just an attempt to stroke his ego, it wouldn't be a close race and he knows it. That would be like us guys trying to race a Kia. :)

9 Seconds! giving me a little too much credit! Is not there yet and far from it. As far as I know I have only been 11.0's that is very far from 9s.

BMR Tech

The 11.OH 9-Second ride!

I am sure it will go 9's.

cbr, turn the wick up in Jjors tune and have a rematch.

I know you guys are saying it is conservative, but, why? You called out a car with, what you know is one of the best tunes available....yet you guys race it with a conservative tune? That won't get ya very far in figuring everything out? And on that note, it isn't even a good comparison.... So Jjor raced in handi-cap mode....booo! lol

cbrtrx

Established Member
9 Seconds! giving me a little too much credit! Is not there yet and far from it. As far as I know I have only been 11.0's that is very far from 9s.

Your car goes 11.0 on motor and has a healthy shot of spray, you even said yourself you are expecting a 9 second slip, that car will do every bit of a 10.20 first pass out before even dialing it it. Stop being so modest now... hahaha

cbrtrx

Established Member
The 11.OH 9-Second ride!

I am sure it will go 9's.

cbr, turn the wick up in Jjors tune and have a rematch.

I know you guys are saying it is conservative, but, why? You called out a car with, what you know is one of the best tunes available....yet you guys race it with a conservative tune? That won't get ya very far in figuring everything out? And on that note, it isn't even a good comparison.... So Jjor raced in handi-cap mode....booo! lol

You didn't read what I wrote? I had no idea he wanted to race an aed car, I could have told him the outcome.. haha. He obviously felt his car was capable of winning so he gave it a try!

Justin is not like most people, he wants power like anyone but saftey is his biggest concern. He likes conservative tuning on all his cars and setups. Its his car so that is his choice, nothing wrong with playing it safe. I just gave him what he told me he wanted, I like to be conservative myself, I realize that dosnt always make you the fastest. :)

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
I like where this thread is headed. I got my race and made a new racing buddy in the process. I would call that a successful callout.

Why conservative Kelly? Because I'm not interested in pushing the limits of my #8 ring gap past the point of no return.

Up until I raced spoolin, I had yet to see an AED car race and wanted to see what all the hype was about.

I'm less concerned with n/a performance as I modded/purchased the car with nitrous in mind.

BMR Tech

Gotcha.

I was under the impression that this was going to be a test, testing CBR's tune VS AED..

I'm looking for a similarly modded car as mine to run and see who is really faster. I keep seeing these amazing dyno sheets and I'm feeling a little inadequate in my car barely making 400whp with the same mods.

I guess the question is, is the AED car you raced just as conservative? What defines conservative? Is it a dyno # that defines it? Timing? AF?

Does this mean the AED car must have been on "kill" or?

This is a great thread. I guess I am just a little confused by you and your tuner bringing up the "conservative" aspect of your tune. If it is the fursthest you are willing to take it, to prevent engine damage....I fully understand, but at the same time; the car that won the race isn't blown up....so that is a conservative tune as well, I would guess.

BMR Tech

I wanna see Spooling VS 04Comp from a roll.

Then Fab VS Spooling, from a roll.

Set it up Jjor!

cbrtrx

Established Member
Gotcha.

I was under the impression that this was going to be a test, testing CBR's tune VS AED..

I guess the question is, is the AED car you raced just as conservative? What defines conservative? Is it a dyno # that defines it? Timing? AF?

This is a great thread. I guess I am just a little confused by you and your tuner bringing up the "conservative" aspect of your tune. If it is the fursthest you are willing to take it, to prevent engine damage....I fully understand, but at the same time; the car that won the race isn't blown up....so that is a conservative tune as well, I would guess.

I also explained early on what I ment by conservative. Justins car runs stock timing and .829 lambda. Aed knows how those values are compared to his. We have also seen more power from the car but then we "dailed" it back to be ummm conservative. Makes sense now?

cbrtrx

Established Member

Set it up Jjor!

Keep in mind both cars you listed are on e85 and 04comps car has way more mods and weight reduction. I mean I guess you are just trying to embarass spoolin now with his car by lining him up with these cars.

But whatever it will make for a fun vid.

BMR Tech

Okay, since Spooling is being conservative...

04Comp VS Fab!

EDIT: Just realized, Fab isn't modded much.

I guess 04Comp just needs to sit on the sidelines for another few years before anyone can catch up.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Gotcha.

I would define conservative as how aggressive WOT lambda and timing is in relation to known safe margins. But--then again-what is really the safe margin for these motors? Some break being bone stock and some live with .90 lambda and 29* timing on pump gas. Also, just because a car hasn't broken for a particular race does not mean the tune is conservative or aggressive.

I'm not at liberty to say how conservative or aggressive any other tune is aside from the one that is in my car. I know exactly what my car is doing and how it is tuned.

Given the amount of racing I do in the car(minimum 2 to 3 nights per week and sometimes more), I err on the side of caution.

Spoolins car ran very well and clearly won the race. As I've said on many occasions, if I didn't have a cbr tune, I would most certainly be rocking the AED keychain :beer:

Set it up Jjor!

Fabbed vs spoolin would be a good race but sai vs spoolin would not be.

I also have some other races setup with spoolin for a chance at redemption so I'm anticipating doing it again in the near future.

Users who are viewing this thread