Clutch still stick to floor???

C6GS

Banned
I was wondering if anyone ever figured out the real fix to clutch pedals sticking to the floor on WOT shifts, especially when revving past redline on aftermarket tunes. My last 11GTCS with tune only and DRs would not let me shift at 7k+ on the 1-2 no matter what I did. I swapped fluid to dot 4, and removed clutch helper spring(NEVER DO THIS) and all that did was make the clutch heavier than my 04 cobra. I didn't get a chance to test that JHR clutch line or any other dot 5 fluids.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Yes, the best fix is........

buy the auto!

trollface.jpg

C6GS

Banned
You silly little devil....lol Yeah no not for me. Thought about it but I would miss rowing those gears at the track.

5PNTSLW

Back on the Saddle
Established Member
JHR line + no assist + 7700RPM = pull on autos all day

trollface.jpg

btw OP, no way is my clutch setup any where near as heavy as my stock 04 cobra setup. your comparing a hydro clutch to a cable, the hydro would never be as heavy as the cable.

Last edited:

hand-filer

Established Member
Yes, the best fix is........

buy the auto!

Yes we know you bought a GT with an automatic. Yes we know you think they are the greatest transmissions ever made.
How about contributing to the thread in a positive way or maybe just shutting the f#ck up already.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Yes we know you bought a GT with an automatic. Yes we know you think they are the greatest transmissions ever made.
How about contributing to the thread in a positive way or maybe just shutting the f#ck up already.

Glad to know Im not the only one thinking the same thing.

OP, I have the JHR clutch line and motul 600 and have no problems with the clutch sticking to the floor.

-Thomas

Torchy

Established Member
I did the JHR line and Amsoil DOT 4 fluid and I'd say the improvement is about 85% better. After a full pass at the strip it feels a little mushy but goes back to normal almost instantly. Was in Mexico tonight and ran a M3 from a dig. Put bus lengths on him and pedal was fine the whole time.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Don't you feel like a *** when people compliment your car and then ask if its an auto or a stick? Haha jk have fun mashin that pedal buddy!

Haha what's funny is your time slip my stock auto smokes that 12.4 you run. An I do it with the factory tires lol. All stock . I dont even make 380hp.

Last edited:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

Thank You! Then they get mad if you don't agree with them. No thread is safe

clean92lx

Established Member
Haha what's funny is your time slip my stock auto smokes that 12.4 you run. An I do it with the factory tires lol. All stock . I dont even make 380hp.
Haha Im on stock tires too guy, that time was run on a factory 100% bone stock M6. I seriously doubt you ran better then 12.4 in a bone stock auto!!

Users who are viewing this thread