Cobra R Values on the Rise?

flattrack53

Established Member
Obviously the guy who wrote the article has never heard a 2000 cobra r run. When my car was all stock, it sounded like a ferrari with a very light idle.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
It's not a problem.

I know what my car is worth. :-D

I also know when to fold on expensive stocks.

The current darling is Telsa (TSLA). If you bought it last year at the low, you would have made 4 times your money today. So, that would buy a lot of R's.

You can't reasonably value TSLA because it has no profits. It's like "Living On a Prayer".

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
I bought my GT350 when they were very affordable so I don't mind driving the heck out of it--it's actually a lot of fun. I put a ton of miles on my Cobra R too---Like Scott said--they go bad if they sit. I still would like another 2000 or maybe even a 95R.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I bought my GT350 when they were very affordable so I don't mind driving the heck out of it--it's actually a lot of fun.

IMO, the Cobra R's resemble the old GT350 in that you know that you aren't in a street car.

If I could delete all of the cars that I have and start again, I'd still have the same old stuff. :-D

flattrack53

Established Member
IMO, the Cobra R's resemble the old GT350 in that you know that you aren't in a street car.

If I could delete all of the cars that I have and start again, I'd still have the same old stuff. :-D

I wish my dad would of kept every car he has owned.

Saleenrose

Established Member
Guys, we Have made a history poster of the #4 cobra R, just so we can see its past life.
bodD6Xj.jpg

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
I guess you had to include the joker crap, for history's sake, but the short time it was like that, you could have left it off the poster. :shrug:

Just $.02 again.

Saleenrose

Established Member
If I had bought it before it was painted white it still would be the joker car, I have a white one. Also those that were raced(not that this one was raced much) were painted.

flattrack53

Established Member
I think it would be cool to put the Rosie Diner graphic scheme back on the car... But that would also be with your dads wallet and not mine :)

Established Member
I liked the in your face style that the joker theme had. That's not my style at all, but the simple truth to me was that you could get away with it in a 1995 R. That says something.
Private raced R's like mine were mostly just stickered I think.

Steve

mrmustang

Husband/Father/Son
Established Member
That is very nice.

IMO, that picture shows everything. It will do well at auction one day with the low number and history.

I think I need the Rosie Diner car to fulfill the prophecy that I stated to JM that "I will own that car one day". If for nothing else than to save it from being repainted in to it's old "Joker" persona :dancenana:

Bill S.

Users who are viewing this thread