Corporate spying for sick time abuse

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
How do you feel about this? this was on yahoo today, companies are hiring P.I.s to spy on their employees when they take sick days to see if they are out messing around or really sick. At my work if we use up all our vacation or sick time and we need time off, we simply dont get paid and we are only allowed to do that once. On the second time you get fired. I dont understand why this is an issue when thats usually the case.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
That makes no sense. Why spend money on a PI to see if an employee isnt actually sick? Losing money to see if your losing money?

CPRsm

Depends a little I guess. If I am paying someone for a day off and they aren't sick, then yes it's my business. I'm nice enough to pay for your day off, don't take advantage. If you call in and don't get paid, ehhhhh. Still kinda feel similar, but not as strongly. Just ask for the day off. Can't stand liars.

ViciousJay

Established Member
my pto and sick time mixed together, it doesnt matter what it is they consider both a day off regardless

rtvickers

Established Member
This is how I feel. If a company gives you sick time, its your benefit. You can use it anyway you want. And just because you take a sick day doesnt have to mean your sick. If you have kids, one of them could be sick or your wife, or you could be taking one of your family members to the doctors or hospital like your mom or your dad. Or you could be taking a pet to the vet. As long as your not abusing your benefit. Thats a different story. But I feel its an invasion of privacy for them to follow you. They dont own you.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
my next door neighbor....yes next door. the very next door. called in tonight because she told the day shift supervisor that she is still snowed in. yes we got snow. bout 3 inches. she thought by calling the day shift supervisor thinking i may not catch it. if my ass made it here, she could have rode with me....or made it in. roads where fine.

she will have a nice write up tommorow when she comes in. im bout done with her anyway. she calls out all the friggn time. worthless.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
People who browse svtp while on company time should be fired on the spot!

SVT4ME

Established Member
It's a companies monies to do with as they please. Hire a PI or or not. Am sure it's people not watching a sick child or sick themselves that are using it when they shouldnt.

blackvenom77

killer cobra
Established Member
They are probably talking about people on salaried income. Personal days you can do what you please. Freaking corporate snitches like they don't take off when they want.

Down with the man, Viva La Revolution and shit! :cuss:

rtvickers

Established Member
It's a companies monies to do with as they please. Hire a PI or or not. Am sure it's people not watching a sick child or sick themselves that are using it when they shouldnt.

Oh yeah I forgot, your right. Everyone that takes a sick day is abusing it.:lol:

Thats whats wrong with America today. Everyone is quick to put someone down rather than give them the benefit of the doubt.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Um, if I earn sick leave, it's my sick leave to use. Is there something in the contract that says I need a doctor's note?

Emwun Garand

Established Member
my next door neighbor....yes next door. the very next door. called in tonight because she told the day shift supervisor that she is still snowed in. yes we got snow. bout 3 inches. she thought by calling the day shift supervisor thinking i may not catch it. if my ass made it here, she could have rode with me....or made it in. roads where fine.

she will have a nice write up tommorow when she comes in. im bout done with her anyway. she calls out all the friggn time. worthless.

When you fire her, might be a good idea to garage the vehicle for a few weeks.

rtvickers

Established Member
Um, if I earn sick leave, it's my sick leave to use. Is there something in the contract that says I need a doctor's note?

In my Union contract it states if you are out sick 3 or more consecutive days, you have to bring in a Dr's note.

The Dr's note doesnt bother me but I agree with you on erning your sick time.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
When you fire her, might be a good idea to garage the vehicle for a few weeks.

shes a walking jerry springer show anyway. she like to try and be my favorite...she will come in my office and act superior to others....takes advantage of being my neighbor...im gettn ready to lay the smack down on her.

oldmodman

Established Member
Being self employed I never get a sick day, or a vacation.

But when I actually was an employee all the companies I worked for gave you a finite number of sick days. If you did not use them you were paid for them at the end of the year. And if you had not taken ANY you got a further 1/2 weeks bonus. I didn't miss a day in ten years. And I didn't care what bubonic plague I spread.:xpl:

Users who are viewing this thread